Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

about plasma 430!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
emir92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emir92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: about plasma 430!
    Posted: 02/04/2007 at 9:35pm

who can tell me about this rubber ???Confused

Sponsored Links

absuhp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote absuhp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2007 at 2:41am
My 2 cents:

A very good looping rubber.  Soft-ish sponge.
A little harder to control in the short game than older, "classic" rubbers.
Not as fast as Almana or Optimum MP.
Some integrated glue effect.

I used 2mm on my forehand a few months ago.  It didn't last too long,
though.  But that's been true of pretty much all the rubbers I've used in
the past year.  If you don't use speed glue, it's definitely one to
consider.
ssiew968 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssiew968 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2007 at 4:15am
I am thinking of changing my fh rubber from Hammond X max to Plasma 470 or 430 too. Most likely 430 max. Appreciate any advice from those who have used both before. Alternatively will be using Optimum MP but thought Optimum MP is also something like HX. Dont want to fresh glue anymore.
FH:Xiom Omega IV Pro Max
BH:Donic Acuda S1 Max
Butterfly Innerforce ZLC (flare)
mafia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mafia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2007 at 4:24am
Siew:
How is your enegy Green Power ?
Maze ST
FH/BH : Palio Era 42.5 Max
ssiew968 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssiew968 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2007 at 4:29am
Green Power is good but a bit too soft for my fh. It's like Plasma 380. That's why I opt for 430 or 470.
FH:Xiom Omega IV Pro Max
BH:Donic Acuda S1 Max
Butterfly Innerforce ZLC (flare)
PLLsystem View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLLsystem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2007 at 8:48am
I also playd with 430/2.0 but I felt the Tensor Bios effect is too much. It was not bouncy rubber. It grabs the ball and I felt big delay besides the spin effect was not too much. Ideal for blocking and hitting but not for spin. It was easy to counterspin but my counterspin hits did not contain preferable spin.
I suggest Donic Coppa JO Gold. It has almost a glued Donic Coppa or Sriver L feeling.
we make real professional handmade table tennis blades - ospblades.com
D4VOW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote D4VOW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2007 at 10:54am
Originally posted by ssiew968 ssiew968 wrote:

Green Power is good but a bit too soft for my fh. It's like Plasma 380. That's why I opt for 430 or 470.

Green Power has a 42.5 degree sponge so you may find the 430 with only a 1/2 degree harder sponge too soft as well.
Blade:Stiga Offensive Classic (FL-Master)
FH:Stiga Boost TC (2.0)
BH:Stiga Boost TC (2.0)
wfwfitz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wfwfitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2007 at 5:40pm
I have not used 470 but I found 430 2.0 sponge to be plenty fast and very spinny.  It has very good built in glue effect and it lasted over the months I used it.  It does not have the spin of H3 but has very good spin and is easier to control.
Wfwfitz
Xiom Axelo
Xiom Sigma Pro Red and Black
Butterfly Amultart
Tenergy 05 Black and Red 64
opinari View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote opinari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2007 at 6:45pm
I can also vouch for Plasma 430. I'm not sure what a previous poster meant by too much of a tensor effect though. I found 430 to also be plenty fast and spinny, bouncier than an unglued rubber. I do agree it lacks something in the short game that traditional rubbers have, but it makes up for this in its feel after the point opens up.

If anything, I think what the previous poster alluded to was not an excess of a glue effect, but that the sponge runs on the soft side. It can lead to the some loops feeling like mush when the stroke is too vertical. But switching to a harder rubber doesn't mitigate this problem for me, if anything it only makes my mistakes with high-spin/vertical loops more apparent.

I really don't think choosing between one and the other will make a huge difference if you're at a high enough level. Good strokes remain good strokes with both rubbers, but the 470 is faster and less forgiving.
wfwfitz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wfwfitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2007 at 7:34pm
Hi OPinari, did you also use the 470?  If so how does it compare to the 430?
Wfwfitz
Xiom Axelo
Butterfly Amultart
wfwfitz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wfwfitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2007 at 7:37pm
Absuhp, you said it didnt last too long, how long was that and what happened to it?
Wfwfitz
Xiom Axelo
Butterfly Amultart
absuhp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote absuhp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2007 at 10:03pm
Originally posted by wfwfitz wfwfitz wrote:

Absuhp, you said it didnt last too long, how long was that and what happened to it?

I bought a sheet last June and maybe got 3-4 months out of it. 
At the time I was debating between the 430 and the Optimum MP and
played a few weeks with each at a time.  What happened? 
The topsheet seemed to be a lot less spinny than before.
I found this out quite by accident after using a friend's new 380
for a couple of shots.  I guess I just adjusted.

Maybe that's par for the course.
wfwfitz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wfwfitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/06/2007 at 12:13am
So it didnt go dead or tear but was not as grippy.  Did you cover it with the protective sheet it came with and clean it after playing?   Maybe it just needs a good cleaning.
Wfwfitz
Xiom Axelo
Butterfly Amultart
opinari View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote opinari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/06/2007 at 1:00am
I also noticed the sheet was less spinny after a couple of weeks, but nothing drastic. It seemed like normal wear for any rubber. It's still remarkably grippy, but I clean mine regularly and use the adhesive sheet after each play.

My biggest problem is that the top sheet is a bit soft and prone to rip. I have two rips on the edge of mine after about two months. One was from a nick to the table, and I only noticed the other after a hard session of play.

I have not tried Plasma 470 unfortunately, but I haven't heard any difference between it and the 430 other than the hardness. I have tried another Tensor Bios rubber though that proved harder than the 430, and my observation does conform to that experience.
absuhp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote absuhp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/06/2007 at 2:14am
Originally posted by wfwfitz wfwfitz wrote:

So it didnt go dead or tear but was not as grippy.  Did you cover it with the protective sheet it came with and clean it after playing?   Maybe it just needs a good cleaning.

I dunno about dead, but it definitely wasn't as lively.  I covered it up
and cleaned it after playing (water & Butterfly rubber cleaner every
now and then).  I did play 3-4 times a week for about 3 hrs each time.

All things considered, I guess that's not too bad.

BTW, someone asked about the Optimum MP.  Compared to the 430
(without speed glue) it is:
- Bouncier and much faster
- Less spinny
- More "direct" in the sense that there isn't that delay that was
  mentioned earlier.  Probably due to the harder sponge.
- More powerful from mid and long distance

I played with Optimum MP 2mm on both sides for about 4 months and
finally decided that it was too fast for me.  At this point I think I need
control a little more than speed.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic