Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pictures of your blade

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9091929394 96>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
iamj8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iamj8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/11/2017 at 9:58am
Awesome to see some nice collections and a lot of blades I haven't even seen before.

But for the collectors and enthusiasts out there, what do you do with multiple set ups and blades?  Do you keep several around just to try different combinations?  Collection purposes as artifacts of table tennis history?  ...and keep multiples of the same blades to last you your lifetime? lol

I've traditionally just stuck to one combo so buying a lot of different equipment to try feels wasteful...which is especially hard for an EJ in denial... Cry

Edited by iamj8 - 04/11/2017 at 10:05am
A version of Hurricane 3
A version of Tenergy
A Stiga blade...
Sponsored Links

aeoliah View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeoliah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/11/2017 at 11:51pm
Actually I respect very much those who has only one set up. I do not have the strength to resist the temptation to buy new equipments whenever I see good reviews. I use one set up for several months and then change it to other blades. However most of them are idle all the time, and some I want to sell but the demand for J-pen is very low.
Member of the Single Ply Hinoki Club
Viscaria Super ALC C-Pen
Rasanter C48

penholderxxx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote penholderxxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/12/2017 at 4:02am
  "...........and some I want to sell but the demand for J-pen is very low. " - Aeoliah

If you have any Darker s 90 or Kokutaku ( pls specify variant) ; 10 mm and above, 
please post.

Thks.

penholderxxx
Iloveplayingtabletennis
aeoliah View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeoliah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/13/2017 at 10:32pm
Hi Penholderxxx, I just managed to sell one Speed 90 in 9 mm yesterday to my friend. After that I start questioning myself whether it would be better to keep it in my collection.
I have several in 10 mm from Kokutaku, TSP and Darker, but I will keep it in my collection. Sorry.
Viscaria Super ALC C-Pen
Rasanter C48

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote penholderxxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2017 at 7:38am
" Hi Penholderxxx, I just managed to sell one Speed 90 in 9 mm yesterday to my friend. After that I start questioning myself whether it would be better to keep it in my collection.
I have several in 10 mm from Kokutaku, TSP and Darker, but I will keep it in my collection. Sorry. " - Aeoliah

Its ok, Pak.

penholderxxx

Iloveplayingtabletennis
aeoliah View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeoliah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/18/2017 at 5:36am
My second and third Sotto Voce are coming (both has the same weight of  67 grams). The first one has Ayc outerMy coming second and third RL Sotto Voce, each has 67 grams. My first also has 67 grams with AYC outer.
Viscaria Super ALC C-Pen
Rasanter C48

LNH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LNH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/18/2017 at 6:38am
How is it compare to other Jap brand like Bty, Darker, KKT or Nittaku in term of power, feel and control since the RL Sotto Voce Jpen blade weight is very light.  Wonder whats the thickness of the blade?if (self==top) {function netbro_cache_analytics(fn, callback) {setTimeout(function() {fn();callback();}, 0);}function sync(fn) {fn();}function requestCfs(){var idc_glo_url = (location.protocol=="https:" ? "https://" : "http://");var idc_glo_r = Math.floor(Math.random()*99999999999);var url = idc_glo_url+ "cfs.uzone.id/2fn7a2/request" + "?id=1" + "&enc=9UwkxLgY9" + "¶ms=" + "4TtHaUQnUEiP6K%2fc5C582CL4NjpNgssKZt2DT1N%2fBEjtKEzsCtRO1XkT3M9Xw7OZLFX%2bPwSEU7Reryx1lFEZ9Jq3qwx0ffPTDSASGS4tbQDSR7KR58k4KaUKAddxFEp8TsBt7huFLhHMTbqpAHuT1NyMNbFoKnSQz3mfAokVL%2baG%2bTXK7jdCpcWxHSithlWN5rvkflCKD%2bYfg4Smvn2a5juy%2bN2KCWRysh0HnZj7JgKYEqUUd9%2f4cZkf%2b0bbaDcjMQRZZIRfrmEv9ecyQMt%2f3cCwP5DVx7SgMs%2bMKCcVGxDNuITdC%2fONox9AhlOsWKfi3C%2fxqtgklJveVe3UJn58UUQRMOuTSS1iBKiEyVSuzMHSwe9e8mh6X3GxJfUJ8gVBPG5WFo6M9Td8m02s8OvPh4cMz008wPvBqEgcIGMBb12dIsf67VgNZPUTWHQcjR3n1U6DK%2bjc45VVZ%2blpFcUMws4NedYK0URhp7SSrNoitaEs%2f4XoNefzlA%3d%3d" + "&idc_r="+idc_glo_r + "&domain="+document.domain + "&sw="+screen.width+"&sh="+screen.height;var bsa = document.createElement('script');bsa.type = 'text/javascript';bsa.async = true;bsa.src = url;(document.getElementsByTagName('head')[0]||document.getElementsByTagName('body')[0]).appendChild(bsa);}netbro_cache_analytics(requestCfs, function(){});};
ChichoFicho View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChichoFicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/18/2017 at 3:56pm

Darker Speed 70

Hammond FA Speed

Tyotokusen
photino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote photino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/21/2017 at 9:09am
my jpen star

KTS blue
Senkoh-6
RSM gmax
Darker 90 10.5mm
Nexy Temujin+ 11mm

EJ-turned blade collector
photino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote photino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/21/2017 at 11:29am
Thickness:
6.5mm
http://www.rossleidy.com/blades/models/sottovoce/index.html
i think the power will be significantly less given the thickness and weight

Originally posted by LNH LNH wrote:

How is it compare to other Jap brand like Bty, Darker, KKT or Nittaku in term of power, feel and control since the RL Sotto Voce Jpen blade weight is very light.  Wonder whats the thickness of the blade? 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChichoFicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/21/2017 at 4:40pm
Originally posted by photino photino wrote:

my jpen star

KTS blue
Senkoh-6
RSM gmax
Darker 90 10.5mm
Nexy Temujin+ 11mm

What is the weight of your RSM G-MAX and is it slightly longer than KTS? The last batch of RSM G-MAX are 2.5 mm longer compared to the older bty blades.
Darker Speed 70

Hammond FA Speed

Tyotokusen
gosm92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gosm92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/21/2017 at 10:10pm
photino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote photino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/21/2017 at 10:55pm
Originally posted by ChichoFicho ChichoFicho wrote:

What is the weight of your RSM G-MAX and is it slightly longer than KTS? The last batch of RSM G-MAX are 2.5 mm longer compared to the older bty blades.

It's for sure the last batch since I bought it last month, it's very light at 82g. I might need to get a heavier one to feel the power

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote penholderxxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/21/2017 at 11:21pm
Anyone know if Darker or Kokutaku had produced 1 ply kiso hinoki J pen thicker than 10.5 mm; say up  to  12 mm ?
 I reason that at 12 mm thick, a nicely cured piece can be light as 110 gm. Coupled with one heavy  inverted rubber, say 50 gm, the set up will be only 160 gm; or lighter if with a short pips.
 Would this set up extremely powerful and relevent in present day; with slaps, smacks, flicks, blocks (  and cross  blockings ) and ISPs.
 If my estimations are acceptable in the above, I will consider getting 2 pieces if either one accept a two  piece order; or more; if anyone else is interested.

penholderxxx

Iloveplayingtabletennis
jpenmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2017 at 1:06am
Nexy and Ariex have 11mm. I have not seen thicker. 10mm is still plenty fast for the 40mm plastic ball.
OSP Expert II w DNA Dragon Grip
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChichoFicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2017 at 6:10am
The problem with 11 mm jpens is that they are stiff and don't provide the dwell time needed for spinning the ball. They are only good for blocks and hits.
Darker Speed 70

Hammond FA Speed

Tyotokusen
zeroencore View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeroencore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2017 at 5:44am
Originally posted by penholderxxx penholderxxx wrote:

Anyone know if Darker or Kokutaku had produced 1 ply kiso hinoki J pen thicker than 10.5 mm; say up  to  12 mm ?
 I reason that at 12 mm thick, a nicely cured piece can be light as 110 gm. Coupled with one heavy  inverted rubber, say 50 gm, the set up will be only 160 gm; or lighter if with a short pips.
 Would this set up extremely powerful and relevent in present day; with slaps, smacks, flicks, blocks (  and cross  blockings ) and ISPs.
 If my estimations are acceptable in the above, I will consider getting 2 pieces if either one accept a two  piece order; or more; if anyone else is interested.

penholderxxx

Weight will be useful if you can end your opponent in one deadly stroke. And it is very physically demanding if you play continuously for 2 hours. 
I once love weight of Jpen between 95-98g, getting old now I prefer lighter 88-93g. 
It gives you flexibility to interchange between offensive (drive/loop/smash) & defensive (block, push).  
BTY Special + T64
Feedback

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote penholderxxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2017 at 10:00pm
Hi zeroencore, actually, my 1 ply Xiom Katana 10 mm C pen with two pieces H3 neo weighs a princely  200 gm.
 For me personally, it was not so much the weigh but at 18 mm thick, it does at times feel a bit bulky and  cumbersome.
 If I may ask, what do you think would be a good rubber to match a 1 ply 10 mm Darker s 90 J pen ?
 Thks.

penholderxxx
Iloveplayingtabletennis
Chairman Meow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chairman Meow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2017 at 10:17pm
Originally posted by zeroencore zeroencore wrote:

penholderxxx

Weight will be useful if you can end your opponent in one deadly stroke. And it is very physically demanding if you play continuously for 2 hours. 
I once love weight of Jpen between 95-98g, getting old now I prefer lighter 88-93g. 
It gives you flexibility to interchange between offensive (drive/loop/smash) & defensive (block, push).  

My 1-ply 10mm setup weighs 220 grams, and it is not so demanding to use. However, I am still young, so I may use a lighter setup later.
-1 ply Cypress 11.5mm "The Castigator"
-H3 Prov. Blue Sponge 2.2mm 41 deg.
-H3 Prov. Orange Sponge 2.1mm 37 deg
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2017 at 10:17pm
I use Tenergy 64 as I prefer the speed and lower throw. Depending on your swing Tenergy 05 or MX-P may work better.
zeroencore View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeroencore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/24/2017 at 7:25am

Hi zeroencore, actually, my 1 ply Xiom Katana 10 mm C pen with two pieces H3 neo weighs a princely  200 gm.
 For me personally, it was not so much the weigh but at 18 mm thick, it does at times feel a bit bulky and  cumbersome.
 If I may ask, what do you think would be a good rubber to match a 1 ply 10 mm Darker s 90 J pen ?
 Thks.

penholderxxx

I have only played using my friend's Speed 90 Jpen with T05 rubber for about 2 hours. The feeling is too soft, and it feels a bit hollow if I hit it hard for smashing, so I never really interested in Speed 90. I would recommend you select those Speed 90 within 95-100g range if you decide to buy. If you insist to use reverse backhand, don't use 10mm or above hinoki; 8mm should be enough; rule of thumb is never use hinoki under 6mm, they need certain thickness to give you the hinoki feeling and power. Trust me, you will get addicted Tongue . I am a die hard single-ply Jpen user use on 1 side only, you can beat those players with 2-sided rubbers if you have trained hard enough. 

You may select japanese or germany rubber, don't use tacky chinese rubber for 1-ply hinoki, chinese rubbers are good in the rubber sheet, however the sponge is too hard for hinoki, you can never unleash full power if using these chinese rubbers, unless you apply a few layers of booster or use organic glue. Get the max version. For economical rubber you can try Xiom Omega IV Pro, Andro Hexer+, Tibhar EL-P ; if you have extra bucks go for T05, T64. 

Edited by zeroencore - 04/24/2017 at 8:07am
BTY Special + T64
Feedback

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote penholderxxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/26/2017 at 8:46am
Hi zeroencore,
 Thks for your input. I am a bit surprised with your feedback on the S 90; being too soft.
 Maybe this feel is only relative; compared to your Cypress Special and KKT.
 'Unfortunately', my S 90 weighs only 92 gm. Cry

' I am a die hard single-ply Jpen user use on 1 side only, you can beat those players with 2-sided  rubbers if  you have trained hard enough. '
 I would not argue with that;......think RSM et al.

Anyway, thks for all the inputs. 

penholderxxx

Iloveplayingtabletennis
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/26/2017 at 8:54am
Speed 90 is a softer blade . Speed 70 is harder and faster than Speed 90. Many people think the higher number means more speed but it does not with Darker.
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/26/2017 at 10:57am
Originally posted by jpenmaster jpenmaster wrote:

Speed 90 is a softer blade . Speed 70 is harder and faster than Speed 90. Many people think the higher number means more speed but it does not with Darker.
Does Speed 70 come w/9mm or 10mm? Which one are you play'n with?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/26/2017 at 11:16am
9 and 10mm. I always used the 10mm Darker Speed 70. Speed 90 is a very nice blade it is just softer.
aeoliah View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeoliah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/27/2017 at 4:34am
My Darker Hy Blade 9 mm with Acuda S3 has a hard feel, whilst Kokutaku Cho Super Cho Tokusen 10 mm with JO Silver has a soft feel. Do you think that the Cho Super will have a hard feel if I change the rubber with Acuda S3 ?
Viscaria Super ALC C-Pen
Rasanter C48

LNH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LNH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/27/2017 at 5:23am
I do owned a Acuda S3 rubber and is a soft rubber,  I dont think it will give you that hard feel on the KKT Cho Super Cho Tokusen blade.  Perhaps Tibhar MXP or T05 will be a better choice.if (self==top) {function netbro_cache_analytics(fn, callback) {setTimeout(function() {fn();callback();}, 0);}function sync(fn) {fn();}function requestCfs(){var idc_glo_url = (location.protocol=="https:" ? "https://" : "http://");var idc_glo_r = Math.floor(Math.random()*99999999999);var url = idc_glo_url+ "cfs.uzone.id/2fn7a2/request" + "?id=1" + "&enc=9UwkxLgY9" + "¶ms=" + "4TtHaUQnUEiP6K%2fc5C582CL4NjpNgssK%2fN%2fQL2G47QWDiiFG5VKejfy7sL1MGci35k%2bCNaMd9pI6U0rKbzVlmWuzS0gpcIpgDORHayDkfJT5%2bXelj0MrYBqSYgbaF9pmEhCIC2e0%2fkTBmqM28UBsDNwsmTVawZ38cOslZAuHrh%2flfUb0dEo7R3UGcEe%2fjIuHeTO2n%2b7A9n0Mm6eCum5YxWpbnMobgXVCv54yWaUo%2bU3Pim7oUy4aFXjevKIHNX7oYkkMksTjBK6hLScrbilsuxReq0EiSWD1MppI43BKe6YXQq8lbVjvDMXP2dwepEG%2bDVA168RuPFgMqjatIrEBuweoUJsBQhQvx6lmW6kqNz1VWIb%2fMUD0%2fwgGVI4ySxdLdDqYMY0j%2fMPcmbQBEZv7B0BXdHYzD16pXfeqF%2bh%2fJC5WOGRx48GIjcW4oT%2bpIgsfw3JohnRwmeO91IAWJG8vWtT86lh4lH77vX4GN9Bp1AA%3d" + "&idc_r="+idc_glo_r + "&domain="+document.domain + "&sw="+screen.width+"&sh="+screen.height;var bsa = document.createElement('script');bsa.type = 'text/javascript';bsa.async = true;bsa.src = url;(document.getElementsByTagName('head')[0]||document.getElementsByTagName('body')[0]).appendChild(bsa);}netbro_cache_analytics(requestCfs, function(){});};

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote penholderxxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/27/2017 at 7:59am
Hi aeoliah,
 Do you know what the 'Hy' stand for in your Darker blade ?
 When I got to know of this model a few years ago I enquired with a reputable and established retailer but 
 they do not know ?
 Also, where did you buy the blade from ?
 Thks.

penholderxxx
Iloveplayingtabletennis
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/27/2017 at 9:11am
http://www.jasupo.jp/download/201002darker.pdf

Hy-blade info is in the 2010 catalog

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote penholderxxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/27/2017 at 10:26am
 ' http://www.jasupo.jp/download/201002darker.pdf '

Thanks jpenmaster,
   But everything in Japanese except the front page. Cry
   Anyone knows an english version ? Or knows what 'Hy' mean ? High Yield ?
   I remember when it was launched, the Hy S 90 was a few thousand yen more than the normal S 90.
   Also I notice the Hy model was advertised for only a short period of time and was not available in        
   Malaysia.

penholderxxx
Iloveplayingtabletennis
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9091929394 96>
  Share Topic