Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Friendly game - rate me

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
wyatt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wyatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Friendly game - rate me
    Posted: 06/13/2011 at 12:50pm
Rate me and advises are very much welcome.. 

Just so you know I didnt have any trainor/coach where I was from so that will explain my poor form (I think my strokes are akward but im confident i can make it in the table) , and yes I have a weak bh.. lol   :-)

Im the one in black, sweating so much..  :-) 

he's my  5th opponent that night.. im a bit tired (change the loser)

please dont quote the video..

Sorry for the bad angle.. 

Update:

Ok this was my first game that day.. no warm ups.. lol.. 1st and 2nd game was a mess, cant run around.. too stiff body.. etc.. 

Edited by wyatt - 06/13/2011 at 11:53pm
Nexy Calix
Fh: T05 2.1
Bh: Pilot Advance 2.0
Sponsored Links

sahiggs100 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sahiggs100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2011 at 1:28pm
It's always hard to tell with a video but I wouldn't be surprised if u were 1500. Your pushes do seem to go kind of high and your serves but as long as they are pretty spinny that shouldn't be a problem. You have a pretty decent top spin game but I would like to see how you do with someone who doesn't play along with top spin game(like a chopper or pips user).
Blade: Nexy Lissom
FH: Gambler Outlaw Black
BH: RITC 802 Short Pips Red

Please Don't feed the EJ's!
dragon kid View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dragon kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2011 at 1:34pm
This is exactly why I said the camera should be on the FH side, can't see much of the ball Wink
I think you both try to develop the 'correct' technique but lack consistency. The fact that you both know each ather so well makes it easy for some shots, you even move before your opponent serves like you know where the ball going to be. If you move like that against someone with better serves, you're going to get aced down the line Wink
You need to be more patient on some of your opening, too many mistakes. You and your friend have an OK technique, quite good but you are forcing some of your shots (for example trying to kill a ball that should be loop), and found reaching for the balls a few times. Looking good, IMO, if you just be patient a bit with your shots and open up with spinny loops before a kill, you will improve much..
And your BH needs much improving, but you already knows that :)

Edited by dragon kid - 06/13/2011 at 1:36pm
655H3PClassicAcudaS1
'Nobody is Perfect. I am Nobody'
wyatt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wyatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2011 at 1:44pm
thanks..
Yes many of my pushes went high in this game, im really having a hard time keeping it low with this guy's pushes coz most of the time its fast and has no/little chop. 

I will try to take a video of our chopper(LP) vs me, he wasnt around that time :-)

Nexy Calix
wyatt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wyatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2011 at 1:46pm
@dragonkid

hhahaha.. thanks..
Nexy Calix
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dragon kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2011 at 1:47pm
Originally posted by sahiggs100 sahiggs100 wrote:

You have a pretty decent top spin game but I would like to see how you do with someone who doesn't play along with top spin game(like a chopper or pips user).
This is a valid point, I agree with sahiggs, you might struggle againt these kind of players..

edit: looking forward for the video :)

Edited by dragon kid - 06/13/2011 at 1:48pm
655H3PClassicAcudaS1
wyatt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wyatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2011 at 1:53pm
oh yes.. there were two serves that went very high.. was trying to do a ghost serve.. but failed.. . lol  (always had success with it)
Nexy Calix
AcudaDave View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AcudaDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2011 at 2:50pm
your pushes are just that...they are pushes but not short chops. Try using your wrist a little more and chopping down on the ball a little more rather than "pushing" the ball back high w/o much spin.  My kids coach always tells them to make sure they chop down on the ball and use more of the wrist than the forearm.
also when your opponent chops it back to your bh corner you're trying to loop-drive the ball and I noticed you drove several into the bottom of the net.  when you're tring to loop underspin, especially if it's heavy underspin make sure you're racket gets below the table and you contact the ball at 3 o'clock (12 being at the top).  You're probably contacting the ball more at 1:30 - 2 against the underspin and you're going into the net.  when someone says to "open with more spinny loops" they basically mean to do this as it will produce more spin.  Once you loop the underspin (contacting the ball at ~ 3 o'clock) then if you're opponent blocks it back you can drive it more by coming over the ball around 1:30. 
Hope this helps.
Joola Zhou Qihao 90 blade
Joola Dynaryz Inferno max - BH
Nittaku Moristo SP 2.0 - FH
Tinykin_2 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinykin_2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2011 at 5:50pm
For someone with no coaching you are pretty light on your feet and have decent footwork. Just think about your game and try new things rather than go allout for a win each time.
Member of Single Ply Club. Shakehand, Kauri wood by American Hinoki, 1-ply 7mm. FH> Gambler Reflectoid. BH> Yasaka Mark V
addoydude View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote addoydude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2011 at 7:22pm
1300 or so
Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon
H3 NEO / 388-D1
ejmeser View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmeser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2011 at 7:52pm
I'd rate you as a 1500-1600 player Smile
*Madridista*

My Feedback
tpgh2k View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tpgh2k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2011 at 7:56pm
the bh blocks are pretty good actually. sometimes i would just say that you need to work on shot selection. footwork limits your choices also.

but other than that, not bad at all =)
www.youtube.com/gsutabletennis
Timo Boll Spirit FL
H3 Blue Sponge Black FH
Tenergy 64 Red BH

davidz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2011 at 9:58pm
I think you could be a 1650 - 1700 level player
PG7 (Skyline 2, LKT XP)
YEO (Skyline 2, Skyline 3)
wyatt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wyatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2011 at 11:26pm
to be honest if I want to win badly with this guy I just out rally him on the Bh and just serve long on his bh.. no need to high toss... I wanted to look good in camera LOL and  show all my strokes.. even sometimes gets camera conscious(in mind) especially at the start.. I would never keep pushing against him in a tourney, like I said, his push doesnt have much spin but fast..

thanks for the ratings and advices.

will try to get a video of me looping and looping and looping against a chopper(lp user).  :-) he doesnt visit the club often though.. 

Edited by wyatt - 06/13/2011 at 11:28pm
Nexy Calix
Nori View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2011 at 11:47pm
Just remember, the push is a passive stroke. The the opponent pushes long, no need to push back. Just loop.
gatz View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gatz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2011 at 11:48pm
What happen? you play better than that...you must be tired.
Blade: ZJ SZLC, Garayda 5000 Matador Texa
Rubbers: FH::Symmetry SP BH: Tenergy Hard, FH: MoristoSP ax BH: Tenergy Hard,FH:Desperado 2 BH: Omega 7 Asia   
wyatt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wyatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2011 at 11:56pm
updated.. new vid posted.

maam gatz, i admit my game is not very consistent.. sometimes i play very well sometimes not. :-)

But I wonder hows the accuracy of baltimore ratings coz I know people who went to the baltimore open and they were rated 1800+ and 1900+, I could defeat them 3-0.... but then again I know their game. ahahah
Nexy Calix
APW46 View Drop Down
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APW46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/14/2011 at 2:43am
Just by looking at yr ministep footwork in the first two rallies, I can tell you are a higher standard than most of the above are giving you credit for. I've seen USATT 2000+ players who move like cart horses. Your shot selection at times leaves much to be desired though, going for outright winners with yr F/hand when a 3/4 paced heavy topspin would have been a more consistent option.
Going by what I've seen, and looking at the second clip, and also considering that yr opponent is a decent player, I'd put you USATT 2150 at least.
The Older I get, The better I was.
tpgh2k View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tpgh2k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/14/2011 at 2:51am
i know you could beat me. so at least 1800+
www.youtube.com/gsutabletennis
Timo Boll Spirit FL
H3 Blue Sponge Black FH
Tenergy 64 Red BH

beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/14/2011 at 3:06am
definitely NOT 1600. You seem really comfortable most of the time, especially in a rally, and you're always moving your feet. people at 1600 dont do so well with the first few balls of a rally like you do over and over. You're consistently doing what you need to be doing... If shot selection is your only problem then bravo.

I don't like rating people better than me because that's where inaccuracy comes from. But If I had to guess I'd put you at anywhere from 1950-2150. The attackers or general offensive players that I've personally seen that are 2200+ i think are better than you, but those are only the ones I've seen personally.. so I feel okay with my guess.

good playing! how long have you played table tennis?
Speedplay View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedplay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/14/2011 at 5:53am
Originally posted by APW46 APW46 wrote:

Just by looking at yr ministep footwork in the first two rallies, I can tell you are a higher standard than most of the above are giving you credit for. I've seen USATT 2000+ players who move like cart horses. Your shot selection at times leaves much to be desired though, going for outright winners with yr F/hand when a 3/4 paced heavy topspin would have been a more consistent option.
Going by what I've seen, and looking at the second clip, and also considering that yr opponent is a decent player, I'd put you USATT 2150 at least.

Finally a voice of reason here. What is it with all the US members and their estimations? Rating this guy as 1500 (and 1300!) has to be a joke. The footwork alone shows that he is better then that.

I thought that there where perhaps a little to many bad shot selections to rate you as high as APW does, but my initial impression was that you would defintly not be lower then 1800, and most likely around the 2000 mark.
The holy grail
kenneyy88 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenneyy88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/14/2011 at 6:06am
Hard to tell really from these videos. I would say you have the potential to be rated around 1800-2000. 
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dragon kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/14/2011 at 6:11am
Speedy, the earlier post is because only one vid included in the first post. In the first video, wyatt didn't look very good, he said himself he was tired. And Gatz who know him personally, also said that he is actually better than the 1st vid..
Though I would not go as low as 1500, in the 1st vid I will go for 1900 give or take 100 points. After seing both vids, I'll go with 2000 plus minus 100 points..
I like the 1st vid better because wyatt has to work more for his points. While in the 2nd, his opponent made too many mistakes (go for a winner all too soon and too often). But in the 2nd vid, wyatt looks better, probably because the way the other guy plays suits wyatt's style better..

@wyatt, 2nd vid 6:50, those are the kind of loops you need to make when you need to open up before you kill. You do look better after I saw both videos.. It's not easy to look good on videos, but you look good on them, so in reality you probably are even better..

Edited by dragon kid - 06/14/2011 at 6:13am
655H3PClassicAcudaS1
wyatt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wyatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/14/2011 at 6:19am
and addoy rated me 1300 Cry

@APW thanks for the nice rating but that may be too high... :-) Yes players here acknowledge my fast feet and good ball anticipation. and ofcourse my serves.

@Beeray I started playing 1996.. no coach/trainer. then stop for 4 years... back playing then stopped for 3 years then back again LOL This last three years were the time I made huge development especially with rallies coz there's a lot of players here (different styles) and are good.  

I remember when I started, we only learn new stuff every year (regional competition), we practice what we saw & encounter.. If only there were already internet in our area that time..

Edited by wyatt - 06/14/2011 at 6:22am
Nexy Calix
wyatt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wyatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/14/2011 at 6:44am
damn shouldve post what ive written before going out.. never knew it had another reply..

Yes I made pretty many bad shots selection.. especially when an opponent had made a winner shot or I made a pretty bad shot.. I have to get back one .. forcing the shot.. ahaha but ofc Im more patient at tourneys

Anyone had a good link on Good TT exercise without playing? Also anyone could mail me a good training program? basic and advance...  TIA

Edit:

I can defeat all the players here already (not all the time but I can most of the time), Im worried my improvement will be stucked.. Any advice? As much as I want to do multiballs, I cant coz people here directly plays the game (a little drilling ofc). 

Edited by wyatt - 06/14/2011 at 6:48am
Nexy Calix
mizutani_jun View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizutani_jun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/14/2011 at 7:14am
Wow wyatt you pretty good.
If have chance,i want to fight you.
I think im about the same level as you.
addoydude View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote addoydude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/14/2011 at 7:17am
:) I didn't watch the whole video.. Watched a short portion of the start..picked a random spot in the middle.  Now I gotta to see the whole thing since other people are giving you such high ratings..:)
Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon
H3 NEO / 388-D1
wyatt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wyatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/14/2011 at 10:23am
Originally posted by mizutani_jun mizutani_jun wrote:

Wow wyatt you pretty good.
If have chance,i want to fight you.
I think im about the same level as you.

I wish that would happen, would love to play with you.  ALways up for a challenge Wink
Nexy Calix
addoydude View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote addoydude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/14/2011 at 10:51am
ok watched the full 1st vid. You definitely played much better after the first pause in the game. I stopped watching after the first few points because you missed all your attacks and pushed all your returns high and plus the bad camera angle.. I didn't want to waste my time rating another match full of mistakes :) i'd say revised estimate (not having seen the 2nd vid because it won't play on my phone) is 1800 or so. You may be better but in that match I don't think it was 2000 level.
Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon
H3 NEO / 388-D1
gatz View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gatz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/14/2011 at 11:04am
personally i would rate wyatt in the 2000 rating or more a've seen him  play and with his recent  tournament outcome he came 3rd and those guys that he beat were in their 2000+ . It just it's hard to tell the real rating because they dont have the point system. It is either you are classified as class a,b or c player. and definitely he is class A player.
Blade: ZJ SZLC, Garayda 5000 Matador Texa
Rubbers: FH::Symmetry SP BH: Tenergy Hard, FH: MoristoSP ax BH: Tenergy Hard,FH:Desperado 2 BH: Omega 7 Asia   
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic