Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Game Psychology

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
namari View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote namari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/09/2007 at 1:45pm
Practice to win. Strategize to win. Believe that you can win. Play to win.

But don't be unrealistic. Realize that you will lose to less skilled players on certain days and beat more skilled players on others. It's the nature of the game. So don't pout when you lose or brag when you win. Just analyze YOUR game and make the needed improvement for next time.

Sincerely congratulate your opponent for their acheivement. That's just basic humanity and is one of the things that seperates us from animals.
Tibhar Power 40
Nittaku Hammond X 2.0 (FH)
Nittaku Hammond Pro Alpha 2.0 (BH)
Sponsored Links

JKC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JKC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/09/2007 at 1:52pm
Originally posted by yogi_bear yogi_bear wrote:

if you practice hard enough and give attention on doing nets and edges you can have the skill that lets you place balls on the edges and nets.. i for one have at least 2-3 edges on the corners per game and its not just by luck
How many do you hit into the net or off the edge to get your net and edge winners?
kenneyy88 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenneyy88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/09/2007 at 8:03pm
I blocked a edge today, that I aimed for. It hit the right corner of the table from semi mid distance. 
pingpongpaddy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpongpaddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/10/2007 at 6:21am
Originally posted by kenneyy88 kenneyy88 wrote:

I blocked a edge today, that I aimed for. It hit the right corner of the table from semi mid distance.�

what are you smoking?!!!
inactive dotec carbokev

yin he galaxy 1 p
ly

FH moristo sp AX MAX

bh moristo sp ax max
JKC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JKC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/10/2007 at 6:40am
Originally posted by kenneyy88 kenneyy88 wrote:

I blocked a edge today, that I aimed for. It hit the right corner of the table from semi mid distance. 
It is not really that amazing out of maybe 1000+ strokes hit in a practice session or series of matches that one went exactly where you wanted it to.
kenneyy88 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenneyy88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/10/2007 at 3:49pm
Actually 100 percent of my blocks go where I want it to, but I do it unconciously. and rarely am I given such a wide angle.
kollins View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kollins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/10/2007 at 4:18pm
edges and nets are a part of the game. nothing you can do about it during play. move on. same with some LP's. until they are outlawed. move on. If you want to try and change the rules of the game, feel free to. until then I play accordingly.

my rated matches I am calm and collected and focus only on my own shots and "cho" on hard fought points.

on casual matches I will always tell my opp. good point or serve. because it was.

Ma Lin is a great example of calm and confident. watch him vs. anyone when he is down is score and he plays just he is still going to win.

I do feel like it is bad conduct to "cho" for net balls and edges. I personally do want to my points in a honorable way. but, it doesnt really get to me when they do because they are not worth to win the point in such a 'chea' way , but they feel they are. I just laught to myself on the inside and move on.
Shibutani ST
Tackifire C
Feint Soft
AVarun View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AVarun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/10/2007 at 7:41pm

If there's a good rally, and I win, I usually will acknowledge that the rally was good- it's almost become reflexive.    One bad behaviour from me sometimes is that I frown and look annoyed when people get what can be called defensive points, or points off my rushing or miscues. I do praise a well placed or strong loop or hit- it never really occurred to me that this may boost the confidence of the other player. I cannot categorically say that doing this will lead to losing the match- the evidence is inconclusive.

Like everyone, many nets and edges per match is irritating, but there are players who complain about these nets and edges, even when they have no chance of winning the game/match.  At least if they were controlling the ball, and all of a sudden a net throws them off, you can understand being a little upset. But I've seen players whom I'm forcing left and right off the table, get upset when a net ball occurs.   They were not in control of the point at all!
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/10/2007 at 7:49pm

JKC, if you consider the ball landing on the outer part of the white line in the table edge, i usually do 2-3x.. im don't do nets often and my edge winners are mostly on the left and right corners of the table only not on all parts

Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
Markus. L View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Markus. L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/11/2007 at 1:50am
just be calm and relax, always aiming for the white lines
Nittaku Acoustic-FL
fh/bh-Almana

BUTTERFLY Timo Boll TriCarbon-FL
fh/bh-Optimum MP

DONIC Waldner Senso Carbon
shij421 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shij421 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/11/2007 at 3:18am
karma.. what goes around comes around Smile
...hopefully
Violin FL
Tenergy 05 2.1 Black
Tenergy 05 FX 2.1 Red
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic