Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - A new blade offered by my coach, need your opinion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A new blade offered by my coach, need your opinion

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
dadab12 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dadab12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/15/2007 at 5:25pm
http://www.killerspin.com/displayitem.php?i=400 that one. he says that this is their new line. and look at the price difference... what should i do then?
Sponsored Links

ttman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/15/2007 at 6:14pm
o he put the chinese one on your forehand and the japanese one on your backhand on a 7ply blade very typical fast attack set up
ttman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/15/2007 at 6:14pm
o thats the german one its that cheap because they are discontinuing it
wfwfitz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wfwfitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2007 at 12:06am
Now the deal does not seem as good.  Ask him to change the rubber if you were promised 2 5Z and only got one.  The Nitrix is a slower rubber and I would use it as my backhand rubber.
Wfwfitz
Xiom Axelo
Xiom Sigma Pro Red and Black
Butterfly Amultart
Tenergy 05 Black and Red 64
forehandchop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forehandchop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2007 at 4:12am
dont worry about pay more, most important make your coach happy. He will treat you better... teach you better technique. He will feel indepted to you for selling you more expensive, surely will give you the best coaching to compensate his guilt. So dont confront him... just learn as much as you can from him, get extra time out of him... cos for this moment he will do anything for you, including teaching you how to jump to celebrate like what forehandloop coaching package includes.
dadab12 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dadab12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2007 at 4:30am

It'shard to tell him to switch to 5Z as I already told him that the price in the site is cheaper. is there a possibility to switch the rubbers, to put the nitrix on the bh side and the 5zon the fh? and y is the faster rubber on the fh and not on the backhand, the backhand as shorter strokes unlike forehand. less power is generated...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forehandchop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2007 at 4:47am

no need to tell him anything, just put that behind and concentrate on improving your game.

actually depends on style of play. Some people prefer slower rubber in the forehand to do looping and faster rubber in the backhand for blocking.

depends on what your style you want to play. This one the best person to tell you is your coach. Have faith in him, if not better change coach.

Somemore you are in the holy land, surely you know what faith is.

wfwfitz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wfwfitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2007 at 6:26am
Just turn the bat around you dont have to switch rubbers unless the handle has a definite forehand shape.  For most players the FH is the attacking side and the BH is control.  The Nitrix looks like its an easier rubber to control as its slower and has less spin than the 5Z.  But you will figure it out I guess it was just a suggestion.
Wfwfitz
Xiom Axelo
Xiom Sigma Pro Red and Black
Butterfly Amultart
Tenergy 05 Black and Red 64
forehandloop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forehandloop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2007 at 8:04am
have you actually paid for and gotten your bat? one suggestion: if you really no choice have to have the bat then pretend to play really lousily. the coach will feel sad that he caused such a major deprovement in your standard and buy you another new bat but this time one that you want. if all else fails, just live with your bat, everyone has to get use to a new bat even if it is suited to their playing style
MALIN=Making A Loop Irritate Noobs

TIMOBOLL=Tt Includes More Of Body Odour, Lob Lowly

SAMSONOV=Slicing A Massive Spin Over Non-Oxygen Vessels

MALONG=My Attack Leads Our National Encyclopedia
dadab12 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dadab12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2007 at 8:15am
but why do they wanna discontinue the line? that's because it might be a faulty rubber?
forehandloop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forehandloop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2007 at 9:51am
yessir. i can coach you instead but I might want to try and sell you a $500 Yuguan Shizitou I
MALIN=Making A Loop Irritate Noobs

TIMOBOLL=Tt Includes More Of Body Odour, Lob Lowly

SAMSONOV=Slicing A Massive Spin Over Non-Oxygen Vessels

MALONG=My Attack Leads Our National Encyclopedia
ttman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2007 at 11:35am
no its because they want to keep their product line small and are done for the moment with german rubber they are sticking to japanese and chinese they are better selling rubbers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forehandchop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2007 at 11:37am
dont believe forehandloop, he is same like your coach trying to sell you the old model.

I am quite sure that Yuguan Shizitou III will be coming out in the market very soon based on forehandloop behavior. You can see forehandloop is using Yuguan Shizitou II, so u can easily understand why he want to sell to you Yuguan Shizitou I... so he can buy Yuguan Shizitou III. After that he will find someone exactly like you to sell his Yuguan Shizitou II.

ok I am done with forehandloops Yuguan Shizitou, now back to your problem.

Dont worry about discountinued products... they are not necessarily bad. Next time when you need to replace that rubber, you probably will reach the next level, you will know exactly what you want. Like I say before, dont worry so much about your purchase... train hard now with your coach and enjoy your game :)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic