Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

looping form

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Qtjoel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Qtjoel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: looping form
    Posted: 04/22/2007 at 5:18pm
I've heard many things about looping but I don't know which to believe, when looping, are you supposed to snap the wrist on contact or leave it hooked? and are you always supposed to leave the wrist hooked? if you ARE supposed to snap your wrist on contact, do you have to intetionally do it or should it come naturally like the backhand? (this is shakehand I'm talking about)
joola express 1
joola express 2
avalox 770
www.wtfoodge.com

Sponsored Links

rustyfo View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rustyfo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2007 at 5:57pm
looping technique varies from player to player, if you use your wrist when looping you will get extra spin, but its not advisable to do that if you have just started learning to loop since its a bit difficult to pull off consistently.
hallur View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hallur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2007 at 6:25pm
You should not move your wrist, jest let it be loose!
rustyfo View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rustyfo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2007 at 7:25pm
The point of having the wrist loose is because you use it to generate extra spin mainly, we do it without thinking about it Hallur.

(me and hallur play at the same club)

but no, it shouldnt be a big snap, its supposed to be a smooth movement in the wrist.
O! Ju Qian View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote O! Ju Qian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2007 at 7:25pm
you can live w/o it except for flipping.
BL: Yasaka Extra Offensive CP
FH: Hurricane 3 Pro
BH: Tenergy 05

"Practice is USELESS if you don't understand what you are doing."
Swiff View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swiff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2007 at 7:51pm
I've always hooked a little bit on contact  and left it hooked at the end of the stroke.
That's the way my trainer taught me.  It didn't really come naturally.
pingpongkf View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpongkf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2007 at 9:28pm
Well, doesn't that make sense?? at a different level you play differently. different styles will suite you better when you're at a different stage, that's what progress is all about, noh??
www.speedpong.net
TT EQUIPMENTS: Nittaku, Butterfly, Stiga, Yasaka, Galaxy YinHe, DHS, Friendship, Globe.
Pip Master View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pip Master Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2007 at 10:43pm
Originally posted by hallur hallur wrote:

You should not move your wrist, jest let it be loose!

thats right, your wrist should be relaxed that way it sort of flicks automatically and generates more spin.
Blade:Yasaka Gatien Extra 3D

FH: Mendo MP

BH: Sriver EL
TT_Freak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT_Freak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2007 at 1:27am
Get the Wang Liqin training video, copy him.
Violin
F1
Actor

10g at 3 and 9
10g at 12
20g at the end of handle
Pip Master View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pip Master Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2007 at 10:30am
haha yes, and why dont we copy his serves, pushes, and flips too! LOL
Blade:Yasaka Gatien Extra 3D

FH: Mendo MP

BH: Sriver EL
TT_Freak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT_Freak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/24/2007 at 4:17am
Hitches in technique are almost impossible to remove, so its better that he gets it right now as opposed to two years down the track (by copying the best shakehander in the world).
Violin
F1
Actor

10g at 3 and 9
10g at 12
20g at the end of handle
LuckyNet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LuckyNet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/24/2007 at 8:22pm
Smile  Hi Lets try help a little bit!
Check how the star do loop......

LuckyNet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LuckyNet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/24/2007 at 8:24pm
Wink next one....

LuckyNet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LuckyNet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/24/2007 at 8:25pm
Clap  the last one....

creeder06 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote creeder06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/24/2007 at 8:41pm
there is some wrist snap there huh
i think you should have some but it shold not be a forced movement just let it happen
if table tennis is to sports, what star wars is to movies, then you must be chewbacca.
Qtjoel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Qtjoel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/24/2007 at 9:44pm
Thanks for the help guys!
joola express 1
joola express 2
avalox 770
www.wtfoodge.com

O! Ju Qian View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote O! Ju Qian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/24/2007 at 11:07pm

i think most of you guys are already wrist snapping w/o knowing.  don't think too much about wrist snapping when looping b/c this will slow you down and maybe screw up your strokes. 

BL: Yasaka Extra Offensive CP
FH: Hurricane 3 Pro
BH: Tenergy 05

"Practice is USELESS if you don't understand what you are doing."
priior View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote priior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/25/2007 at 7:56am
remember.. if u don't make the funny faces.. it wont work!
priior
Qtjoel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Qtjoel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/22/2007 at 12:28am
hmmm, I took my paddle and started looping in the air (for fun because I was bored but I bet you guys do it too sometimes) and then I noticed when I hooked my wrist, when I was done looping my wrist was straight. Is it supposed to be like that?! I didnt even notice it!
joola express 1
joola express 2
avalox 770
www.wtfoodge.com

paragon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/22/2007 at 12:33am
Great photos and details LuckyNet!

Grazia
Waldner Dotec Carbon
.Quattro Forumla 2.0
.Quattro Formula 2.0
forehandloop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forehandloop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/22/2007 at 6:48am
u shudnt intentionally try to flick the wrist, it doesn't do much good, makes the action obvious and increases the possibility of spraining it as well. however, the flick can add sidespin or topspin to your shot
MALIN=Making A Loop Irritate Noobs

TIMOBOLL=Tt Includes More Of Body Odour, Lob Lowly

SAMSONOV=Slicing A Massive Spin Over Non-Oxygen Vessels

MALONG=My Attack Leads Our National Encyclopedia
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic