Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Light Yasaka / Donic Rubber ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
fiveplyian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fiveplyian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Light Yasaka / Donic Rubber ?
    Posted: 06/25/2007 at 10:11am
Which Yasaka / Donic rubbers are softish and light but still have sufficient speed for an allround attacking game for an intermediate player (Sriver EL to Sriver L speed minimum)

I am thinking Gallardo Sound / Power Sound, Coppa Tagora, Mark V GPS, Yasaka Fusion ? But can't decide having never played with them. I once had a sheet of Tagora in my hands and this felt very light but also potentially too soft ? How does it play ?

Thanks
Ian
Sponsored Links

longreachlooper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote longreachlooper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/25/2007 at 12:49pm
Wish they listed the weight of the rubber sheet....
This probably won't help, but it sure is a list.

You'll need to copy and paste into your browzer.

http://www.ping-pong.com/rubberchart.php
speaquinox View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speaquinox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/25/2007 at 1:53pm
I played with Gallardo Power Sound for a couple of days. It was light, fast, spinny and soft. Decent rubber. Something like sriver g2fx. But g2fx has more control and Gallardo was bouncier than I like.
Innerforce ALC, Glayzer / Rozena
MildSeven View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MildSeven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/26/2007 at 6:10am
Yasaka Xtend
Kennie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kennie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/26/2007 at 6:43am
yes yasaka xtend is light, spinny and fast without speed glueing.
its quite soft and has good sound without glue. the xtend hs is faster and harder.
Blade: YASAKA Ma Lin Soft Carbon
Fh: YASAKA PRYDE
Bh: YASAKA Xtend HS
chornyi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chornyi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/26/2007 at 4:28pm
Originally posted by Kennie Kennie wrote:

the xtend hs is faster and harder.

And more heavy? Or it has the same with xtend weight?
Nittaku Septear
FH: Butterfly Bryce 2.1
BH: Butterfly Bryce FX 1.9
Kennie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kennie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/27/2007 at 3:57am
HS is a few grams heavier.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fiveplyian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/28/2007 at 6:00am
Thanks for the input ..... these rubbers are for someone I am coaching. He loops well, hits hard, moves pretty well but is still learning to read spin on serves ....... he's not bad but he may struggle with a rubber that is hard to control on serve receive over table. Do I need to be careful with any of the suggestions on this score e.g. Xtend ?

He is moving up to playing 1st division local league next year and everyone has good services Disapprove

Xtend HS is 43g red 2mm cut sheet. I guess Xtend will be around 40g which will be fine.
Ian
Kennie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kennie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/28/2007 at 6:15am
i dont think you have to be worried about this. the xtend rubbers are not harder to control in serve recieve than other rubbers i have tried. with practise and time his recieve will get better but i also think its important to focus on the players good sides, xtend rubber will make him able to play his game with hard loops as you described him.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fiveplyian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/28/2007 at 6:26am
I agree, I want to maximise his looping game. I play in our top local division and one of my club colleagues is the best 18 year old in the county. It's his serves (amongst others) that have scared my student into being worried about too bouncy or too spinny rubbers. He's only used to Coppa / JO at present.

He's actually got a decent FH flick the main issue is BH receive on short spin; particularly side / top spin as he has a strong FH grip which I have only partly managed to adjust ....... think Persson with FH grip.

Ian
kim_taek_soo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kim_taek_soo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/29/2007 at 3:08am
I used Xtend for about 8 months. It's pretty light, and you dont need to glue it much. As for serve return, you really need to exagerate your strokes for recieving spin, unfortuanately. Good for mid/far distance, but close to the table it's alot of work!
BTY Neutrino R

Nittaku Moristo SP 2.0

My feedback: https://mytabletennis.net/forum/topic92859.html
vmajor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vmajor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/29/2007 at 3:45am
Donic Quattro Formula is very very light. The sponge is very soft and the rubber itself is faster with straight drives than Andro Plasma 430.

It has less spin then Plasma 430 or DHS H2 (of course).

I find that the trampoline effect is so strong that it makes the shots harder to control, but that may be just my playing style and (lack of) technique.

V.
Andro Blax OFF
FH: Andro Plasma 430 max
BH: Andro Plasma 430 2.0
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic