Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

999T Vs Geospin Tacky

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Dafydd393 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dafydd393 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 999T Vs Geospin Tacky
    Posted: 07/14/2007 at 11:25am
Hi all. I have been told that these two rubbers are very good in the spin and contol ratings. But which is best???

Thanks Dafydd
Sponsored Links

minicd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minicd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/14/2007 at 12:05pm
999t
Jack87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/14/2007 at 12:44pm

If you don't glue, Geo is so ridiculously slow as to be unplayable, imo.

Gambler Kevlar ST
Nittaku Refoma (1.5mm)
Yasaka Phantom 011 (OX)
GenomicsKnight View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GenomicsKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/14/2007 at 3:43pm
Not glued - 999T is slower than Geospin Tacky

When glued - Geospin becomes very lively (relatively speaking) and beats 999T by miles
pongcrazy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pongcrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/14/2007 at 6:18pm
You dont really have to glue up to get the Geospin Tacky up to speed.  When you are gluing it to your blade roll the rubber on with a round object to stretch it out a little instead of just laying it down flat on the blade.  This will add some tension, (like a pre-tensioned rubber) but remember when doing this........a little bit goes a long way!  Do not hold the rubber at a 90 degree angle to the blade surface - that is way too much.......about 30 degrees to the blade surface is about right when rolling it on.

pongcrazy 
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/15/2007 at 1:25am
hmm actually depending on the sponge hardness 99t would be faster than geospin.. had 999t's with 42 degree sponges before and they are faster than geospin
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
yhbae View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yhbae Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/21/2007 at 10:43am
How would 999t on Saviga sponge (from colestt) compare to Geo Tacky Black? I currently use Geo Tacky unglued and got used to it - I don't find it slow except when I want to generate some power on my backhand (yes, problematic for me since I an a penholder without a good rpb). When I see a slow ball coming to my backhand, I currently prefer to go extreme and hit forehand. Sriver used to be way too fast for blocking/pushing hard shots - Geo works much better for me there.

Would 999t on Saviga give as much spin as Geo Tacky while returning some more speed/power?
mece View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mece Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/21/2007 at 1:42pm
I havent tried the Geo tacky, but the 999 on saviga is decently fast without glue. 

speaquinox View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speaquinox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/21/2007 at 3:05pm
Originally posted by mece mece wrote:

I havent tried the Geo tacky, but the 999 on saviga is decently fast without glue. 

second that. if you want smthin tacky spinny and you don't glue, 999 on saviga is the way to go. it's quite lively. and also, you can pick the sponge hardness.
Innerforce ALC, Glayzer / Rozena
creeder06 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote creeder06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/21/2007 at 4:36pm
geo spin is the SLOWEST rubber EVER
if table tennis is to sports, what star wars is to movies, then you must be chewbacca.
Jack87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/21/2007 at 9:43pm
Quite possibly.. I don't understand how people think otherwise. Fully glued up, 2.2 black, full-blooded loops are no faster then my tackiness chop 2, certainly, and probably only marginally faster then my tackiness chop 1 (though that's on a slightly faster blade).
Gambler Kevlar ST
Nittaku Refoma (1.5mm)
Yasaka Phantom 011 (OX)
ppgear View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ppgear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/21/2007 at 10:22pm
Geospin Tacky is faster than LKT Pro XT/XP and FX EL Supersoft, all unglued. It's not THAT bad.

Arthur Lui
Revspin.net - Table Tennis Equipment Reviews
Top USATT Rating: 2131
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/21/2007 at 11:24pm
Yes you need to wear them in a little, and get some glue in the sponge, and the speed is not that bad...
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
Jack87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/22/2007 at 10:27am
Couldn't stand XP / XT either, tbh. If i'd have stuck with it, i'm sure the geo would have gotten a better feel with more glue... but why when others respond so much better (even within the same price bracket). It was on my gf's blade, and was oddly too light (on a 72 g Instinct 5, though, with 1.5mm soft-sponged 563 on the bh) so she ended up going back to my dwindling supply of Saviga.Cry Love that stuff.

- Jack -
Gambler Kevlar ST
Nittaku Refoma (1.5mm)
Yasaka Phantom 011 (OX)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic