Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

3,500 Calories = 1 lb.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
longreachlooper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote longreachlooper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 3,500 Calories = 1 lb.
    Posted: 07/15/2007 at 1:04pm
-Blade

-Spinny verywell controlled stuff forehand

-long pips or inverted or med. pips on backhand

Sponsored Links

rustyfo View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rustyfo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/15/2007 at 2:11pm
the weight you need to type in, is it in pounds or kg or lbs?
Blade: Tibhar Samsonov Alpha

FH: Tenergy 05

BH: Acuda S1
BobTheBuilder View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobTheBuilder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/15/2007 at 5:03pm
hrrrm. how much intense pingpong would u need per day to burn 3500 calories?
Yasaka Extra Offensive C-Pen

FH: TG2 Neo Black

BH: Focus III Snipe Red
Wawaicetea123 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wawaicetea123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/15/2007 at 7:15pm

my friend showed me a snapple bottle cap with a fact on it saying that 24 hours of intense pingpong burns 1 pound but i think thats bullsh*t

longreachlooper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote longreachlooper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/15/2007 at 7:21pm
You got a nice show there Bob.
slaplink_pat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slaplink_pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/15/2007 at 11:52pm
Originally posted by wawaicetea123 wawaicetea123 wrote:

my friend showed me a snapple bottle cap with a fact on it saying that 24 hours of intense pingpong burns 1 pound but i think thats bullsh*t

That's totally bullsh*t. I lost around 2 lbs with straight 6 hours(around 5-10 minutes rest every hour) of play just last year.
Blade: Xiom AZX
FH: Xiom Omega VII China Guang
BH: DHS PF4

Blade: Donic Alligator Combi
FH: TIbhar MXP
BH: Spinlord Zeitgeist
ProfessorChaos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProfessorChaos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/16/2007 at 1:59am
you can't deny that it's not anywhere near as physically and mentally demanding as sports such as ice hockey...i spent 3 hours(with short shifts...only about 1.2 hours of actual ice time) at the rink today and it felt like 8 hours of tt practice full out.

drinking 2 litres of water I still lose about 2lbs.
Yasaka Max Carbon 3D FL
Desto F1 Max
Sriver FX Max
rustyfo View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rustyfo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/16/2007 at 9:48am
Originally posted by ProfessorChaos ProfessorChaos wrote:

you can't deny that it's not anywhere near as physically and mentally demanding as sports such as ice hockey...i spent 3 hours(with short shifts...only about 1.2 hours of actual ice time) at the rink today and it felt like 8 hours of tt practice full out.

Its as demanding as you make it yourself.

I get just as tired from tabletennis practise as from football practise for example.
Blade: Tibhar Samsonov Alpha

FH: Tenergy 05

BH: Acuda S1
raptor3x View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raptor3x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/16/2007 at 6:57pm
Originally posted by slaplink_pat slaplink_pat wrote:

That's totally bullsh*t. I lost around 2 lbs with straight 6 hours(around 5-10 minutes rest every hour) of play just last year.

Most of that weight would have been water,  there's no possible way that you lost 2 lbs of fat in 6 hours.
TT_Freak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT_Freak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/17/2007 at 4:23am
Diet matters the most, everything else is just icing on the cake.

PS: Yes, its water weight. There is no way you can lose that much fat in hours, when it takes professional bodybuilders weeks to lose the gut.
Violin
F1
Actor

10g at 3 and 9
10g at 12
20g at the end of handle
Schlager View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Schlager Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/17/2007 at 6:50am
1 g of fat = 7 kcal
1 kg of fat = 7000 kcal
1 lbs of fat (453,5 g) = 3174,5 kcal

1 lbs of bodyweight contains a lot of water so it doesn't take a 3500 kcal deficit to loose a lbs of weight..

It's almost pure waterweight when you loose weight during training.. (during one work-put)
Blade: Butterfly M. Maze Off ST

Rubbers: Bluefire M2 2.0
JKC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JKC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/17/2007 at 7:50am
Taking a dump before weighing yourself again helps too.
Me40_Pyx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Me40_Pyx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/17/2007 at 9:22am
Originally posted by Schlager Schlager wrote:

1 g of fat = 7 kcal
1 kg of fat = 7000 kcal
1 lbs of fat (453,5 g) = 3174,5 kcal

1 lbs of bodyweight contains a lot of water so it doesn't take a 3500 kcal deficit to loose a lbs of weight..

It's almost pure waterweight when you loose weight during training.. (during one work-put)

1g of fat equals 9 kcal - not 7...   do the maths again
Stiga Tube Carbo st
Sriver FX Max on fh
Sriver EL Max on bh
ADDICTED TO GLUE !
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/18/2007 at 6:09am
i have heard somewhere that TT burns about 360 calories per hr if you are a good player it would be better
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
Ignarus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ignarus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/21/2007 at 4:16pm
Yeah, that's why whenever someone talks about exercising a lot and not losing weight, I point out that it takes 3500 Calories to burn off a single pound of fat. Your eating habits are FAR more important to fat loss than your workouts - consider workouts important for raising your basal metabolic rate in a long term sense and just being healthy and functional in general. If you're fat and want to be less fat, put down the 20 oz. soda! So easy to kill a hard day's workout in terms of fat loss with liquid calories :)
MMaze(Ten05/Outlaw)
ProfessorChaos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProfessorChaos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/21/2007 at 4:31pm
Originally posted by rustyfo rustyfo wrote:

Originally posted by ProfessorChaos ProfessorChaos wrote:

I get just as tired from tabletennis practise as from football practise for example.

that may be true but in a game situation, football or hockey or basketball is MUCH more tiring...after all, the average point in TT lasts maybe 5 hits.  And the game can be over in 20-40 minutes, you get a lot of breaks between points.
Yasaka Max Carbon 3D FL
Desto F1 Max
Sriver FX Max
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic