Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Couga?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Klaus123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Klaus123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Couga?
    Posted: 07/21/2007 at 4:09pm
Hi, some sources say "Couga" would be the fastest available rubber. Is it really faster than rubbers as Bryce, Torpedo, Revolution C.O.R., Desto F-1? Please tell me about this Couga! How is it?

Regards, Klaus.
Sponsored Links

creeder06 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote creeder06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/21/2007 at 4:16pm
This new rubber from Juic is truly ahead of its time! By applying Nano technology to the manufacturing process, Juic has come up with a rubber that provides the feel an speed that other rubbers can only achieve through the use of speed glue. This innovation is critically important since the ITTF has set a September 2007 deadline date for the elimination of harmful matter from all adhesives. Comes in BLACK only!
at least that is what i have heard.
if table tennis is to sports, what star wars is to movies, then you must be chewbacca.
aeoliah View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeoliah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/21/2007 at 8:43pm
Anyone has used it , and what is the price ?
Member of the Single Ply Hinoki Club
Viscaria Super ALC C-Pen
Rasanter C48

vflorentin View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vflorentin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/21/2007 at 8:51pm

I use Couga Black....in a blade TSP...is very good...speed...control...in this blade is hard...good for Looping...the price of this rubber is in the page of irurui,....www.irurui.com/e...i buy this rubber in this site...the product arrive in 4 days...very fast about other sites...Dandoy...SportsMadison...etc....

The Rubber is Very Good...

mece View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mece Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/21/2007 at 8:53pm
Originally posted by aeoliah aeoliah wrote:

Anyone has used it , and what is the price ?

if you're in the Us, you can buy it from paddlepalace, otherwise iruriu

dimitris View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dimitris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/21/2007 at 11:57pm
I have used Couga on the same paddle with a Tibhar Rapid D.TecS, the Rapid is much faster. Both unglued and both having a 2.0mm sponge. I have actually used them in a couple of paddles with the same results. Spin-wise they are about the same, probably the couga has more spin, being a bit softer and grippier, but speed-wise there is no comparison.
Darker Tanpan, fh 729 higher 2.0mm, bh 729 geospin 2.0mm

My for sale thread
Schlager View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Schlager Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/22/2007 at 7:35am
Originally posted by vflorentin vflorentin wrote:

I use Couga Black....in a blade TSP...is very good...speed...control...in this blade is hard...good for Looping...the price of this rubber is in the page of irurui,....www.irurui.com/e...i buy this rubber in this site...the product arrive in 4 days...very fast about other sites...Dandoy...SportsMadison...etc....

The Rubber is Very Good...

I don't think blind people could read those dots on a computer screen. nice try though.
Blade: Butterfly M. Maze Off ST

Rubbers: Bluefire M2 2.0
Klaus123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Klaus123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/22/2007 at 9:27am
Don't pick on vflorentin, his writing-style is unique and really interesting!

But anyway, what i need to know is whether Couga (unglued) is fast than Bryce (unglued) or not.

@Dimitris: You write Couga is slower than TIbhaR RaPiD d.TEcS (). The Rapid is not even the fastest rubber by Tibhar (the fastest Tibhar-rubbis.., err rubber, is Torpedo), so Couga can hardly be the fastest rubber available, right?

Thanks in advance!
JRSDallas View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JRSDallas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/22/2007 at 10:27am
Couga unglued is much faster than any unglued rubber on the market -- very fast.   When I was using Couga, I was not speed gluing much so I don't have detailed comparisons between glued up Couga and glued up Bryce (both are extremely fast when extremely glued up.)

I don't know the Tibar rubbers but many people on many threads have agreed that Couga is the fastest rubber so I believe them as this is consistent with my own experiences with Couga.

vflorentin View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vflorentin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/22/2007 at 11:05am
Thanks Klaus123
But ....this rubber (Couga) ...is very fast...i have Couga on TSP Reflex 50.....this blade is DEF...and this rubber is bit hard...your spin is high,,,your effect is very good...and....this rubber is unglued in this blade...think abou this...between Bryce and Couga....i Choice Couga....
Kolev View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kolev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/22/2007 at 5:23pm
I played with Couga for about 4 months.It is fast medium hard with medium throw.The control is very good for such a speed.Still, it's very extreme to call this one the fastest rubber on the planet. I gave it up because it didn't have the spin I needed.Then I switched to HX,tiny bit slower, but it was spinnier and  now I am with Nanocannon which is the spiniest of the previous ones I mentioned. All three are nano rubbers , so I didn't have hard time to adapt
Hallmark Carbon Extreme (x3)
FH: D05/G1/RX
BH: Z2/D64/Ω7Pro
dimitris View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dimitris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/22/2007 at 8:39pm
Originally posted by Klaus123 Klaus123 wrote:

Don't pick on vflorentin, his writing-style is unique and really interesting!

But anyway, what i need to know is whether Couga (unglued) is fast than Bryce (unglued) or not.

@Dimitris: You write Couga is slower than TIbhaR RaPiD d.TEcS (). The Rapid is not even the fastest rubber by Tibhar (the fastest Tibhar-rubbis.., err rubber, is Torpedo), so Couga can hardly be the fastest rubber available, right?

Thanks in advance!

Well, I cannot compare the couga to any other rubber, but as I said before, and I am 100% certain about it, black couga 2.0 was slower than red rapid dtecs (ommiting capitals!) 2.0 on a korbel. I bought the rubbers on the same day and tested them on the korbel and then I used the rapid on my forehand and the couga on my backhand, because the latter was slower. Everytime I would turn the paddle around, the difference was obvious. But I have not put any other rubbers on the other side of the couga to test and tell you.

I cannot compare the spin, because, after seeing the couga generating less speed, I kept it on my backhand and my forehand strokes can generate more spin than my backhand ones. But I am guessing, with the couga being softer, slower and more grippy than the rapid, that it should have more spin.

EDIT: When I say couga is soft, I mean the top sheet, I am not sure about the sponge. It is the top sheet that is much softer than the rapid.
Darker Tanpan, fh 729 higher 2.0mm, bh 729 geospin 2.0mm

My for sale thread
Ginko Tai Kim View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ginko Tai Kim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/23/2007 at 3:30am
any difference between the Couga and the Varities from JUIC?

Also i noticed the Couga has a grey sponge, does it mean that it has carbon in the sponge?

It would be similar to Almana and Carbo wouldn't it?

GTK

RE-Impact Hydra
Andro Roxon 450 2mm
Giant Dragon Giant Long ox
Kolev View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kolev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/23/2007 at 8:33am
It's closer to Carbo sound
Hallmark Carbon Extreme (x3)
FH: D05/G1/RX
BH: Z2/D64/Ω7Pro
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic