FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Why isn't Waldner coaching Sweden?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/18/2007 at 7:26pm
im kinda confused, if you search older topics in the forums you would see bbkon discrediting waldner and he discredits penhold players as useless players like liu gouliang and ma lin that is funny... maybe he has an axe to grind with waldnerTongue
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
Sponsored Links

Kupus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kupus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/18/2007 at 7:53pm

Fanatism, this is not fanatism, this is respect, i see you dont understand the meaning of that word! Yes he zhiwen is somebody to respect, yes jordan is to,and Ma Lin to,many people dont like him but i do, he is very unlucky and i hope that his time will come! The point is, you dont understand that its not your bussines to gossip about anybody because that is not something mature person would do,so im confused because you sad you are so mature that parents ask your advise, what does that mean, what do they ask,like, what do you think chocolate or vanilla!

TSP Cito Fitter OFF AN
FH Skyline TG3 2.15 + CTE
BH Speedy spin max + CTE
theman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/18/2007 at 11:38pm
hmmmm.waldner, 4 time finalist, 2 time champion

kong.... one time champion, lost to schlager hmmm..... and leading 2 zip from wang liqinin osaka, but didnt take the title..hmmm....
i lost my racquet

Schlager u beast

http://www.youtube.com/MDSguy

varghesep View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote varghesep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/19/2007 at 7:10am
I was watching some of his old matches. He was such a serious player especially punishing chineese.

One Table Tennis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote One Table Tennis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/28/2012 at 5:15am
All time Table Tennis great, Waldner, expressed his desire to coach the Swedish Table Tennis team. Not only that, Waldner even suggested a unique idea. That Jorgen Persson and Mikael Appelgren can join him and form a coaching team. Waldner felt that this strong team had a lot to share in terms of experience and expertise.

Editor, http://www.tabletennisbug.com

Facebook - Menas Jagadish

Blades- Tibhar H 3 9

Rubbers - Rakza 7 Soft, Tibhar 5Q
loop+loop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loop+loop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/28/2012 at 5:51am
Would be nice even to watch him behind his team.
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/28/2012 at 5:53am
there was this swedish article that waldner and applegren aside from persson have interests in coaching for sweden. would be better for them to coach at grass roots level though, imo.
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
DHSHurricane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DHSHurricane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/28/2012 at 6:28am
I like it too see that the Swedish coach was more fanatic than his players (2004 Olympics and shanghai 2005) He was younger too.

blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/28/2012 at 8:41am
Originally posted by yogi_bear yogi_bear wrote:

there was this swedish article that waldner and applegren aside from persson have interests in coaching for sweden. would be better for them to coach at grass roots level though, imo.

That's probably the best news for Europe that I've heard so far... hope Waldner won't be too disgusted and have the patience to teach players that aren't as smart as him... Tongue we might be seeing the renaissance of European table tennis with Waldner, Persson and Appelgren in the coaching business. 
-------
Viscaria
FH: Hurricane 8-80
BH: D05

Back to normal shape bats :(
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/28/2012 at 9:21am
Well said! Handshake
bonggoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bonggoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/28/2012 at 10:13am
Originally posted by paragold paragold wrote:

THANKS KUPUS!!  I just couldn't let this go by.  There was Michael Jordan and then there was the rest of the players (not that they were not good). 

*ehem* Wilt Chamberlain *ehem*

But I get your point about Waldner.
Speedplay View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedplay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/28/2012 at 7:19pm
Doubt that Waldner, Appelgren and Persson will ever coach our national team, simply because they won't do it for free and our assosiation will probably not be able to afford them, at least not all three of them.
The holy grail
right2niru View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote right2niru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/28/2012 at 8:57pm
Originally posted by Speedplay Speedplay wrote:

Doubt that Waldner, Appelgren and Persson will ever coach our national team, simply because they won't do it for free and our assosiation will probably not be able to afford them, at least not all three of them.
Or perhaps the swedish table tennis association be sponsored by Donic who could get them all.
ZJK SZLC |5Q+
pingponger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/28/2012 at 9:18pm
just a tangent to this topic, I hope Waldner's cerebral style gets shared, hopefully in a book.
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/29/2012 at 11:59am
What a grave-dig started by of all members Sid.
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
hubie60 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hubie60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/30/2012 at 8:05pm
Waldner has said that he didn't see himself becoming a coach. However Sweden has a long history of prominent players becoming national coach. These include Hans Alser, Stellan Bengtsson, Ulf Carlsson, Erik Lindh and Peter Karlsson. Judging from his long career, Persson seems to love the sport so much that I think he is the most likely to become a coach. 
Anderni View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anderni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/30/2012 at 8:38pm

Originally posted by hubie60 hubie60 wrote:

Waldner has said that he didn't see himself becoming a coach.  
He did - but things got lost in translation. IIRC he said he didn't want to be a technical coach, but he could see himself as a match coach.

Edited by Anderni - 12/30/2012 at 8:38pm
king_pong View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote king_pong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/31/2012 at 1:04am
Originally posted by bbkon bbkon wrote:

YES mill you are right the thread was about coaching sweden, this proves how insane are many members if they had a life wouldn be spending too much mental energy into fanatism

Says the guy who originally attempts to derail the thread.   Funny  DeadStern Smile
Stiga Infinity VPS (Master): fh/bh - Nittaku Hammond CR max
jrscatman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jrscatman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/31/2012 at 10:53am
Pearson might be a better choice - I recall he used to be the national coach or ran the national training center for UAE in Dubai or another middle eastern country.

Waldner - I don't think he's ever coached - not sure if he coached his league team in Germany or not.
Butterfly MPS
FH: Donic Acuda S1
BH: Palio CK531A OX
mrdoodzki View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrdoodzki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/31/2012 at 12:25pm
i read somewhere that waldner beat bbkon's ass so badly in tt that bbkon swore vengeance for life against waldner. thus explains the never ending bashing of waldner by bbkon

his hatred for waldner is so bad that everytime he types something into the forum he shakes so badly on the keyboard, thus explaining why he has such bad grammar in his posts

Edited by mrdoodzki - 12/31/2012 at 12:32pm
Blade -- Stiga Clipper

FH -- DHS Hurricane 3

BH -- Japtec Experience

HAPPINESS is....sometimes no words, just the sound of a ball
linkin_be View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linkin_be Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/02/2013 at 3:03am
nice one!!
vutiendat1337 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vutiendat1337 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/02/2013 at 12:55pm
Originally posted by mrdoodzki mrdoodzki wrote:

i read somewhere that waldner beat bbkon's ass so badly in tt that bbkon swore vengeance for life against waldner. thus explains the never ending bashing of waldner by bbkon

his hatred for waldner is so bad that everytime he types something into the forum he shakes so badly on the keyboard, thus explaining why he has such bad grammar in his posts

bty petr korbel st
fh: donic bluefire red
bh: dawei iqul black
USATT:1811
Feedback me
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic