FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

long low serves to BH short pips

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
alfie View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alfie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: long low serves to BH short pips
    Posted: 08/29/2007 at 6:21pm

I am having a hard time returning these serves with my 802-40,I hear many people rolling them over but it just sets my opponent up so easy.

Is the roll ALL WRIST action,a description of the roll would be helpful....cheers

EDIT: long nospin balls are the problem
Blade Xiom Control 3/ALL+
BH Andro impuls speed
FH H3 Provincial
Tibhar CTE
Sponsored Links

melarimsa View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melarimsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/29/2007 at 6:26pm
My friend, first it takes a little time to start use short pips, as you know this one (802-40) is simular not same as inverted. I switched 8 months ago and still some shoots are crazy for me. Try to watch some videos of people with short pips and try to practice that.
varghesep View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote varghesep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/29/2007 at 6:29pm
Where does your return go - to the net? Is that what you are struggling with?
alfie View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alfie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/29/2007 at 6:36pm
more often than not my return goes long,I think I am not wraping the ball enough with my wrist but not sure
BH Andro impuls speed
FH H3 Provincial
Tibhar CTE
varghesep View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote varghesep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/29/2007 at 9:41pm
This may be a tactic used by your opponent. The long serve may have slight top spin or no spin, and they are shooting the ball to your bh to jam you so that you get stuck - a tactic used against pips players.

You have to learn looping the ball or smashing back from your bh with short pips. You can also step out quickly few feets back and chop straight down - kill the energy of the ball to the ground and generate underspin for the ball.

alfie View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alfie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/29/2007 at 9:47pm
I started choppin a bit this week after missing a lot of returns and it worked pretty good (heavy backspin chops) although by no means am I a good defender but perhaps I need to add it to my game to make an allround better player
BH Andro impuls speed
FH H3 Provincial
Tibhar CTE
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic