FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

practice match

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
gekogark1212 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gekogark1212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: practice match
    Posted: 11/23/2007 at 8:41pm

Some troglodyte couldn't use a point and shoot camera to record so I only have the 1st set.

Anyways, although I won it, I seem to have so many weaknesses. Care to criticize and rip apart my game? Be honest, I have a thick layer of skin lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXRlGoN0CPY
Oh I'm wearing the Butterfly shirt btw (ie near camera)

(\__/)

(='.'=) But there's no sense crying over every mistake,

(")_(") You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.
Sponsored Links

yuna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yuna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2007 at 9:33pm
hey ! u look pretty good in my opinion. quick footed wz a fierce & fast drive.
ur service looked rather deceptive too, which is good!

i'm guessing i prob lose to u, gark.
Viscaria Tiffany
T-05
T-64
Wawaicetea123 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wawaicetea123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2007 at 11:00pm
you should learn to gear your game.
it takes much mroe talent to hit the ball slowly than fast.
just control the ball and dont make unforced errors.
Kreanga Aeros ST
FH: Tenergy 05 Red 2.1
BH: Flarestorm II Black 2.1
alfie View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alfie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2007 at 11:05pm
Originally posted by wawaicetea123 wawaicetea123 wrote:

you should learn to gear your game.
it takes much mroe talent to hit the ball slowly than fast.
just control the ball and dont make unforced errors.

but it takes more talent to return a fast ball than a slow ball,I think he does pretty good
Blade Xiom Control 3/ALL+
BH Andro impuls speed
FH H3 Provincial
Tibhar CTE
kenneyy88 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenneyy88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/2007 at 1:03am
Pretty good, just need to sometimes not be so aggressive and just get the ball on the table.
hhca View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hhca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/2007 at 3:02am
not bad. your partner is a bit weak: Only if he can block/counter 2-3 times of your drive then it may stretch you a bit a expose more weaknesses in your game
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gekogark1212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/2007 at 4:01am
Yeh, I was playing my dad and apart from me he's like the strongest in that club. I'll try and see if I can record a few more games when I'm in HK...although that would mean I need to buy a new laptop, oh and it's my birthday soon...how convenient!
(\__/)

theman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/2007 at 4:40am
i want li chings autograph damnit!!!!
i lost my racquet

Schlager u beast

http://www.youtube.com/MDSguy

JigglyPuff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JigglyPuff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/2007 at 2:52pm
hey gekogark were the rubbers on the paddle that you were using in that vid both red? you kept on spinning it during the game and i noticed it didn't change color
drywater View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drywater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/2007 at 5:52pm
decent but ur opponent was weak. also next time u make bigger shots in recreation games make sure your louder with you "OHHH" and try to make your fist raising a lil more fierce. thats bout it
dauntless View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dauntless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/2007 at 6:24pm
Novice Opinion:
I think you could get some points by varying the height of your service throw. In other words, don't always go so high with your toss...vary it and throw them off every once in a while. Just my opinion. Other than that, you looked really good, nice smash, and good flips. Seemed a bit rushed a couple of times, but other than that really good. Loops looked effective. Nice service overall. What was nice to see was a consistent "ready" position and quick footwork.
1. BTY Primorac, Nittaku H3N, T64 2. BTY Primorac, H3N, Mendo MP Feedback
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gekogark1212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/2007 at 7:33pm
Originally posted by JigglyPuff JigglyPuff wrote:

hey gekogark were the rubbers on the paddle that you were using in that vid both red? you kept on spinning it during the game and i noticed it didn't change color

Yeh, I was trying Plasma 470 and Almana Sound on the wavestone and I only had red of these rubbers lol :P

Originally posted by dauntless dauntless wrote:

Novice Opinion:
I think you could get some points by varying the height of your service throw. In other words, don't always go so high with your toss...vary it and throw them off every once in a while. Just my opinion. Other than that, you looked really good, nice smash, and good flips. Seemed a bit rushed a couple of times, but other than that really good. Loops looked effective. Nice service overall. What was nice to see was a consistent "ready" position and quick footwork.

Oh I've tried playing around with tossing height before, and it was a horrible experience lol, actually my coach tells me to toss them the same height to prevent my (already high) service misses. But I'll give it a try in a serious match as a surprise.

Yeh, everyone who sees my play live asks me why I'm so rushed. I really have to work on that.
(\__/)

JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/2007 at 8:47pm
A lot of unforced errors on both sides - so it's kinda tough to formulate a better opinion. How about your practice? can you film yourself doing a hundred of FH drives, etc... that would give people (and yourself, I am sure) some more understanding of what needs upgrading...
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
theman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/2007 at 8:48pm
slow down and avoid getting unforced errors, u control the ball, the ball doesnt control u, omg what am i saying...
i lost my racquet

Schlager u beast

http://www.youtube.com/MDSguy

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gekogark1212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/25/2007 at 12:57am
I'll try to film a bit when I'm in HK to give you a better idea Jim.
(\__/)

mfbaltaxe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mfbaltaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/25/2007 at 3:01am
You play well but need to slow down
your service motion is too long , it is easy to see what you are serving
When you push, just dont stick your racket out, push through the ball
Michael Baltaxe
korearulz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote korearulz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/26/2007 at 12:22am
take care of your serves matie. rnt u so cramped in there? is it all like that in aussie?
Official XIOM Distributor of New Zealand & Australia
bull_harrier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bull_harrier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/26/2007 at 12:34am
It's good to see someone who isn't afraid to attack.  I don't know if you were coached on this but you stand really far back on your BH side when you are recieving service and would be succeptable to a fast service down the FH side, plus if someone just serves to the FH side well that would be extra effort to get to the return.  Your FH is very good and powerful and if you can get the kill in there then heck go for it, you do well with that.  Varying the spin, especially in a practice match is a great thing to do though.  We did not see much of your BH, is there a reason for that? Not knocking you just curious
Clipper CR WRB
FH: Boost TP
BH: Boost TP

My Biology/Physiology Learning Channel on Youtube
fott View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/26/2007 at 3:12am
hi
Clap.You are good but.......
you have very bad foot work techniques you must really work on it .Next is your services,here you are playing with a bad player,he is not attacking your services or even returns.Try to do flicks/flips with little more powerand try to place it  both extremes or FH wide angle.Watch you oppenent carefully i dont think he can play any kind of FH strokes,eventhough he is  pen hold and you are not exploiting it. And in most of the cases after a flipe /flick you are expecting the return at your back hand.

So work on your service/receive,footworks,placements etc... more. And use one black and one red rubber(at least for IITF) always  Wink.....

Next time play with a better player and post it you will get better feedback.

bye
fott
LeeMc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeeMc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/26/2007 at 4:13am
Not bad, hard to tell though since your opponent looks like he doesn't want to play, lol.  When you serve try snapping your wrist more at point of contact, pushing under the ball.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gekogark1212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/26/2007 at 6:17am

Originally posted by korearulz korearulz wrote:

take care of your serves matie. rnt u so cramped in there? is it all like that in aussie?

It's just this one club. I can barely step around...it is VERY cramped. 

Originally posted by bull_harrier bull_harrier wrote:

you stand really far back on your BH side when you are recieving service and would be succeptable to a fast service down the FH side

Varying the spin, especially in a practice match is a great thing to do though.  We did not see much of your BH, is there a reason for that? Not knocking you just curious

It's actually emulated from Chuan Chi Yuan's style, also a couple of top players I've seen (both nationally and internationally) seem to get away with it.

But for me I use it as a sort of "trap" for players playing me the first time around. I've had my coach feed me random serves and FH down the line was one of them.

Lol, the BH is due to my coach, he's always asking why I'm not using the FH more when I start using my BH, also the fact that it's god awful lol. 

Originally posted by fott fott wrote:

you have very bad foot work techniques you must really work on it .Next is your services,here you are playing with a bad player,he is not attacking your services or even returns.Try to do flicks/flips with little more powerand try to place it  both extremes or FH wide angle.Watch you oppenent carefully i dont think he can play any kind of FH strokes,eventhough he is  pen hold and you are not exploiting it. And in most of the cases after a flipe /flick you are expecting the return at your back hand.

Fott, you have really excellent analysis. I swear you should be my side-line coach (no jokes, you're really good).

Yeh, I'll try to get more footwork drills in, but since I learnt to run before walking...I have so many basic skills to re-learn.

Oh, when I'm asking for a black rubber at my club and we're down to red. My friend (national player) would ask "Are you playing for major events? No. Good, just stick two red rubbers on then" lol. 

Originally posted by LeeMc LeeMc wrote:

Not bad, hard to tell though since your opponent looks like he doesn't want to play, lol.  When you serve try snapping your wrist more at point of contact, pushing under the ball.

Oh me and my dad's been playing each other for quite a while now so he gets really lazy.

Thanks for the advice on service though, I've always had trouble woth creating heaps of spin coming off the H3.

(\__/)

fott View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/2007 at 3:48am
Originally posted by dauntless dauntless wrote:

Novice Opinion:
I think you could get some points by varying the height of your service throw. In other words, don't always go so high with your toss...vary it and throw them off every once in a while.

hi

I think, well, "a good server is one who can do diffrent services[spin variations]with similar action,and same service with diffrent actions."

Eg : if yo can do fh high toss side spin or backspin service in two or three slightly different actions then you can confuse your oppenent. And like that if you can do side spin,back spin or no spin service using similar motion you can deceive your opponent�..

Serving is a work of art.....apart from regular practice one need a lot of brain and skill to become a good server. It is not always necesary that you must win service points to become a good server.If you can surprise your opponent with your services and if you can use that surprise element to have a third ball attack then you are a good server...........     

bye
fott                 
PingPangQiu View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PingPangQiu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/2007 at 4:00am
where is this table tennis centre?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic