Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Need advise on looping with Tenergy......

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
poker73 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote poker73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need advise on looping with Tenergy......
    Posted: 08/05/2008 at 10:48pm
I'm going to give this rubber another try since I'm so sick of applying optimiser and wait 2 days.
I tried this evening and realise something.
Alot of my loop has no power as compared to when I used a glued Bryce FX.
I think this is because Tenergy is very grippy. The ball was still stuck on my paddle when I power loop, causing a delay and a lack of projectile force.
Any advise how I should loop when the ball dwelling time is longer than I'm use to. I feel that the ball is still stuck with me even after I make a big Swing,
resulting a easy loop for my opponent to despatch me out of position.
This rubber is EXCELLENT in serving and receiving serves...I love it.
Just need to know how to loop with it.
I have about 3 more weeks before the spinmania tournament.
Hope I can master it by then :-)
Cheers...John
Sponsored Links

DeathAngel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeathAngel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/06/2008 at 2:56am
Ok well i found that having a more forward swing and really focusing on brushing that ball so the sponge grips it and launches it over really gives u a lot of spin and speed. And going in a more forward instead of straight upward motion (u still have to go up against backspin a bit though) will give u a closer or lower ball to the net so its not up high and easy for opponents to kill the ball. Hope this helps out a bit. If not than... Iono
Korbel ST
H3 Neo 2.2
Desto F3 2.0

USA: 1522
CAN: 809
t3h anarchist View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t3h anarchist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/16/2008 at 12:35am
you first must no that nothing has more power than glued bryce cept for glued hurricane pretty much, tenergy with water based glue will be quite a change

try looping toward the front more
dalamchops View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dalamchops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/16/2008 at 12:39am
this happens when people rely on glue too much to do the job.
Stiga Titanium 5.4 Cpen
Andro Hexer Pips 2.1
Donic Acuda S2 Max
poker73 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote poker73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/16/2008 at 12:52am
You are so right :-)
I 'm now getting more and more use to it.
My loop is not as powerful as it use to be with Glued Bryce FX but now
I have more spin on my serve and better short game.
If I loop more forward than upward, it can be quite amazing.
I guess now I just need better form....no more glue, YAY!!!
I have finally decided to stick with this rubber :-)
One thing I notice is....the rubber performs super amazingly on the first 3-5 days. I plan to use new rubber on every of my tournament.
I'm fortunate to have sponsor.........my wife :-)
I'm joining the upcoming Spinmania tournament and I think my rating will be affected by this rubber change.
I feel more like a 2100 player than a 2200 player now but it's good to put this rubber for a real test.
Hopefully, I can adjust to it on time.
Cheers...John
ajchien View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ajchien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/16/2008 at 2:17am
I went from optimized Bryce FX and tried Tenergy also for a little while. I opened my racket angle a bit and stroked more forwards. The rubber itself has an high arc, but to get the top speed out of the rubber you really need to compress the sponge well.

Master_of_loops View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Master_of_loops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/16/2008 at 7:02am
I will get 2 new sheets of Tenergy 05 in a couple of days that I will put on my Maze OFF until my Mizutani ZL arives. I will write a review soon!
varghesep View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote varghesep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/16/2008 at 7:20pm
I have not used Tenergy but this may help you. The impression that I'm getting from you is that the rubber is not generating enough power. As others have said, if you brush the ball on the top in a quick forward motion, you can generate good top spin.

Since you are looking for more power, you have to try 'loop smash' which can generate power from your stroke. At the end of the loop, add more force.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic