Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

"damaged" Grubba ALL - still usable?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
stepheN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stepheN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "damaged" Grubba ALL - still usable?
    Posted: 09/05/2008 at 9:26am
Hey,

i'm a newbie when it comes to rubbers/blades & Co... (going to my dealer and tell him what to do is all i can do LOL).

i recently found an old Grubba ALL+ and want to give it to a starter, but im not sure if you can still use it in this condition, maybe you guys can help me out :)

Sponsored Links

dalamchops View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dalamchops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/05/2008 at 9:27am
i don't see why not. Face is in good condition, just rub the glue residue off and teach him not to hit the edge.
Stiga Titanium 5.4 Cpen
Andro Hexer Pips 2.1
Donic Acuda S2 Max
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/05/2008 at 12:02pm
what dalamchops said. Still quite playable for a beginner. If you don't mind spending a few euros and a few minutes of your time you can buy some wood putty (filler) and rub a little bit into those dents. But you really don't have to...
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
radu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/05/2008 at 12:11pm
I can fix this blade like new.. if you want.. PM me for trade the price.. or if someone want to fix damaged blades.. PM me
stepheN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stepheN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/06/2008 at 12:54pm
Originally posted by JimT JimT wrote:

what dalamchops said. Still quite playable for a beginner. If you don't mind spending a few euros and a few minutes of your time you can buy some wood putty (filler) and rub a little bit into those dents. But you really don't have to...
thx

if i move the blade up and down, it makes a "click" sound, is that due to those dents?
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/06/2008 at 1:07pm
Originally posted by stepheN stepheN wrote:

Originally posted by JimT JimT wrote:

thx

if i move the blade up and down, it makes a "click" sound, is that due to those dents?

I am not sure... you mean it clicks just by itself, without a ball, simply when you move it thru the air... not a whistle? if it really clicks like that, it might mean more serious damage, perhaps a crack somewhere. You should examine it more closely then.
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
mrt4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrt4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/06/2008 at 3:25pm

check by the "neck" close to the handle for cracks, if you don't find any it should play just fine. Ive seen many very good players in the higher leagues play with very "used" blades.

\Robin
Swedish male, playing since 1993.

Blade: Timo boll w5
forehand: Tenergy 25fx 2,1

Backhand: Energy absorber 1,6

glue: waterbased!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic