Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

LF:: violin or acoustic blade (st)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
pokerpete View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pokerpete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: LF:: violin or acoustic blade (st)
    Posted: 11/18/2008 at 10:19pm
 im looking to buy a used violin and acoustic blade straight handle only

if someone know a good (cheap)place to buy new i would also like to know

thanks

Blade:Stiga Sense 7.6/ Timo ZLC

FH: Tenergy 05FX

BH: Tibhar Q5 Sound

Sponsored Links

tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/18/2008 at 10:34pm
Oh Poker,
You should spend a few bucks more and get a new one from me. Only $128 shipped to USA or Canada if you don't mind assuming the risk of your customs and post office.

For More Info, PM or Email me: [email protected]
seahorse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seahorse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/18/2008 at 10:46pm
tabletennisworld.com.au and aussietabletennis.com have both acoustic and violin for $160AUD (approx $105USD)

They only have them in FL in stock, but I spoke to Paul at TTworld and he is ordering me a ST handle acoustic from his supplier in Japan and is having it shipped directly from them to me, shipping is pretty cheap.

Best deal I have found anywhere for these blades new

may be worth giving them a call to see if they can sort something out for you.
Donic Dicon (JO shape)
F: DNA Platinum M
B: Jekyll & Hyde 52.5
pokerpete View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pokerpete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/18/2008 at 11:12pm
sorry tommy i dont want it to be sealed 

tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/18/2008 at 11:14pm
OK, but . . .
Don't use waterbased glue.
Be careful.
For More Info, PM or Email me: [email protected]
pokerpete View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pokerpete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/18/2008 at 11:22pm
i have used water based glues on unsealed blades like tbs with out problems ....are u saying it would be a problem for these blades?

peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/19/2008 at 4:05am
It depends on which version you get. The older version comes with better Factory sealed. It doesn't splinter when I took off the rubber.
The newer version of my ST acoustic which weight less than 85 gr splinter a bit in the middle of the blade, but it doesn't really matter.
Andro Wanokiwami AO Offensive 83 gr
H3 National Orange 40 deg 2.2
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

holda View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote holda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/19/2008 at 4:26am
Originally posted by peter79 peter79 wrote:

It depends on which version you get. The older version comes with better Factory sealed. It doesn't splinter when I took off the rubber.
The newer version of my ST acoustic which weight less than 85 gr splinter a bit in the middle of the blade, but it doesn't really matter.
oh,really?that is a bad sign.so may be than a layer o varnish would be just wise to apply.may be,peter,you used too strong an adhesive?which glue do u use?do u still reglue often?
peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/19/2008 at 10:21am
Originally posted by holda holda wrote:

Originally posted by peter79 peter79 wrote:

oh,really?that is a bad sign.so may be than a layer o varnish would be just wise to apply.may be,peter,you used too strong an adhesive?which glue do u use?do u still reglue often?

I use normal rubber cement for bicycle tyres. My old Acoustic has no problem with either new cut rubber with 1 or 2 coats of glue or old rubber with more than 6 layers of glue. But when I put my H3P with more than 6 layers of glue ( already glue 3 times) on my newer Acoustic, when I peel it, it splinter a bit. The top ply of older version is shinnier and thinner than the newer version. The secondary ply of newer version is thinner than the old version. The feel of newer version of Acoustic is different with the older version.
Andro Wanokiwami AO Offensive 83 gr
H3 National Orange 40 deg 2.2
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic