Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Timo Boll T5000 and ALC

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
mizutani_jun View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizutani_jun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/02/2009 at 4:10am
speedy....
i`m using m.maze right now and i`m pretty sure you have light m.mze.
about 84.5 grams right?
i`m agreed with you about m.maze forehand.
some of my energy lost.
can you tell me which one is closer to m.maze between these two blades?
i`m also have TBS,acoustic and korbel.
can you make comparision within these blades?
thanks...Smile

Sponsored Links

speedy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/02/2009 at 11:13pm
Originally posted by mizutani_jun mizutani_jun wrote:

speedy....
about 84.5 grams right?
some of my energy lost.
thanks...Smile

If I am make comparisons, it's going to be complicated.  All I can tell you is this.  I went from M. Maze to Schlager Carbon, so I could have better forehand.  My backhand was not as good after that.  Then, I bought T5000, my backhand is better than with Schlager Carbon, and even better than M. Maze.  How about forehand?  Well, the speed is between Schlager Carbon and M. Maze.  But way more control than Schlager Carbon.  I love it.  In short, you need to try T5000.  I have 6 players from my club try my paddle.  They all like it.  I use Hammond Pro Alpha with this blade.
SPEEDY
Viscaria Super ALC ST
JOOLA Rhyzen CMD(FH)
Nittaku Moristo SP (BH)
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizutani_jun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/03/2009 at 2:20am
Originally posted by speedy speedy wrote:

speedy....
about 84.5 grams right?
some of my energy lost.
thanks...Smile

If I am make comparisons, it's going to be complicated.  All I can tell you is this.  I went from M. Maze to Schlager Carbon, so I could have better forehand.  My backhand was not as good after that.  Then, I bought T5000, my backhand is better than with Schlager Carbon, and even better than M. Maze.  How about forehand?  Well, the speed is between Schlager Carbon and M. Maze.  But way more control than Schlager Carbon.  I love it.  In short, you need to try T5000.  I have 6 players from my club try my paddle.  They all like it.  I use Hammond Pro Alpha with this blade.

yes i got hammond pro alpha 2.1.
right now i`m using maze as my main setup but after this maybe i want to change my blade.
if i want to get more speed with almost same control,which one should i pick?
ALC T5000 or MJ ?  
IAmI View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAmI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/03/2009 at 6:59am
Speedy

I'm testing Spirit vs T5000 with 05 on FH and G3FX on BH this week and would like to share some thoughts around this weekend's time. Can I use your thread buddy?
IFZLC
FH T05 2.1mm
BH O4a max
speedy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/03/2009 at 11:59am
Originally posted by IAmI IAmI wrote:

Speedy

I'm testing Spirit vs T5000 with 05 on FH and G3FX on BH this week and would like to share some thoughts around this weekend's time. Can I use your thread buddy?

Please go for it...
SPEEDY
Viscaria Super ALC ST
JOOLA Rhyzen CMD(FH)
Nittaku Moristo SP (BH)
IAmI View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAmI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2009 at 7:50am

Sorry, only had cell phone camera at hand. Finally got my hands on T5000, ALC, TBS left to right, all ST. Yesterday I eliminated the Tamca for too much speed. It was really nice and accurate for BH punch and what Speedy said about its smashing properties is exactly right but I was unable to get the same spin on the FH power strokes that I get with the Spirit. The only one of the three blades that I had a chance to weigh was the ALC which showed 88g. Today I'm gonna compare TBS and ALC to see if I can tell any difference.
Again, this is all 05 on the FH and G3FX on the BH. More later...
IFZLC
FH T05 2.1mm
BH O4a max
speedy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2009 at 11:28pm

Sorry, only had cell phone camera at hand. Finally got my hands on T5000, ALC, TBS left to right, all ST. Yesterday I eliminated the Tamca for too much speed. It was really nice and accurate for BH punch and what Speedy said about its smashing properties is exactly right but I was unable to get the same spin on the FH power strokes that I get with the Spirit. The only one of the three blades that I had a chance to weigh was the ALC which showed 88g. Today I'm gonna compare TBS and ALC to see if I can tell any difference.
Again, this is all 05 on the FH and G3FX on the BH. More later...

Good tryout IAmI.  It's all depends on style/strokes.  I can't wait to see what you have to say about the ALC.  Good work.
SPEEDY
Viscaria Super ALC ST
JOOLA Rhyzen CMD(FH)
Nittaku Moristo SP (BH)
bozbrisvegas View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/06/2009 at 7:06am
I played another few hours today with 05 2.1 & 05 1.9 on Boll ALC tonight.

I played probably the best guy at out club, Jessie Knight I think his last name, anyway. 

We played 11 games, I beat him 6:5.  He is so fast with his loops its not funny.  I don't or can't even start to move in the direction of the ball.

Anyway the last 2 times we played the results have been identical, in that I win by 1 game.  Please remember this is not competition.  In competition I fall apart because of the pressure and crowd.  I'll get there.

Anyway what I'm saying is that the ALC is not going to change much about your game.  I actually found it too slow if I didn't super rip my arm he would punish me. 

Once the glue was dry on my ishlion which I experimented with boosting 64 & 05  for the first time I changed to it, with other players and man it honestly is superior to any blade with 05.  It brings a lot of control, speed and quickness beyond the "slow" styled control of Alc.
Grubba Variant ALL
fh: Hurricane 38 degrees MAX
bh: tensor MAX
Watch me playing TT
IAmI View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAmI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/06/2009 at 12:21pm
OK, both ALC ST and T5000 ST I have on the table are the same weight - 88g. And since my TBS ST is about 88g as well it makes it a perfect comparison. Actually the comparison between the ALC and TBS is so perfect I can't tell a difference Smile I would even argue the notion about the new handle being "more comfortable". The basic 3 dimensions of the handle are identical and the rounding radius seems to be exact same too. As far as playing response I found nothing beyond "I think the ALC is kind of sharper and sounds different" kind of general unsupported comments. Again, the T5000 is faster and will probably suit something tacky and not necessarily very fast. BTW: Based on the sound ZLC is producing just bouncing the ball on the naked blade its speed will be between ALC and T5000 closer to the Tamca.
In terms of looks I have to admit the blades are very well made and even prettier than on the pictures. Nice blades.
I tried to take some macro pictures so you can see the composition. I included Donic LiPing simply because I like it too Big%20smile. Sorry I already had 1 rubber on the ALC...

IFZLC
FH T05 2.1mm
BH O4a max
LOOPMEISTER View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOOPMEISTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/06/2009 at 12:38pm
Its a matter of opinion which handle is more comfortable between the ALC and the TBS, but without a doubt the handles are different on the FL versions of both.

I like both, but my FL TBS seems like it slips a little bit more compared to the ALC which gives me no sensation of slipping... Seems like the upper part of the handle of the TBS is a little more narrow than the ALC, or something like that.

I can't tell the difference between the two playing characteristics, but for sure the ALC FL is more comfortable than the TBS FL. The ALC (and maybe all of the new TB series blades) might be the most comfortable blade I've ever wielded!

petey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/06/2009 at 1:14pm
Great reviews :).

Does the T5000 have a balsa core ?

How is the T5000 compared to schlager carbon and primorac carbon in terms of speed/control/feeling ?

Thanks in advance.
IAmI View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAmI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/06/2009 at 2:30pm
Originally posted by LOOPMEISTER LOOPMEISTER wrote:

Its a matter of opinion which handle is more comfortable between the ALC and the TBS, but without a doubt the handles are different on the FL versions of both.

I like both, but my FL TBS seems like it slips a little bit more compared to the ALC which gives me no sensation of slipping... Seems like the upper part of the handle of the TBS is a little more narrow than the ALC, or something like that.

I can't tell the difference between the two playing characteristics, but for sure the ALC FL is more comfortable than the TBS FL. The ALC (and maybe all of the new TB series blades) might be the most comfortable blade I've ever wielded!

Jee, my bad LoopMeister. Now I realize it was FL that whoever it was was referring to, you're right. I seem to forget there's more than just ST, sorry for that!
IFZLC
FH T05 2.1mm
BH O4a max
IAmI View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAmI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/06/2009 at 2:49pm
Originally posted by petey petey wrote:

How is the T5000 compared to schlager carbon and primorac carbon in terms of speed/control/feeling ?

Thanks in advance.

Can't be positive it is balsa but it sure is very soft.

It's been a while since I played with Primo carbon. I think the speed won't be too far off. T5000 definitely is impressively fast for what it is - 88g and on the thin side, which is something Primo carb or Schlager carb clearly aren't. The biggest difference will be in the feeling which I think is somewhere in the middle whereas Primo and Schlager are both stiff blades. Even though the difference in speed is easily noticed, I wouldn't say T5000 feels any stiffer than ALC/TBS. To me they're about the same drawer.
IFZLC
FH T05 2.1mm
BH O4a max
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizutani_jun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2009 at 6:14pm
speedy,
between TBS and ALC which one have higher throw angle? 
speedy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/16/2009 at 1:28am

speedy,
between TBS and ALC which one have higher throw angle? 

They are very similar in throw angle, but if I have to pick one... then I would pick the TBS has higher throw angle, since it is slower and softer.  ALC is much more solid and faster.
SPEEDY
Viscaria Super ALC ST
JOOLA Rhyzen CMD(FH)
Nittaku Moristo SP (BH)
speedy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/16/2009 at 1:38am
Originally posted by petey petey wrote:

Thanks in advance.

T5000 doesn't have the Balsa Core.

T5000 is between Schlager Carbon and Primorac Carbon.  The control of the T5000 makes the other two look bad.  Control is usually goes with feels, so T5000 feels better than both Schlager Carbon and Primorac Carbon...
SPEEDY
Viscaria Super ALC ST
JOOLA Rhyzen CMD(FH)
Nittaku Moristo SP (BH)
speedy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/16/2009 at 1:43am
IAmI,

Can you tell us what rubber combination you have used to test the blades?

SPEEDY
Viscaria Super ALC ST
JOOLA Rhyzen CMD(FH)
Nittaku Moristo SP (BH)
IAmI View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAmI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/16/2009 at 3:11am

FH-05, BH-G3FX, both 2.1mm

I agree what speedy says about ALC being more solid and faster than TBS except I'd replace the word "much" with "barely noticeably". For me the difference was so small that I sold ALC last week and kept TBS and T5000. I play with TBS but won't be selling T5000 quite yet because there's definitelly something about it...and BTW I switched to 05 both sides. 185g on TBS.
speedy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/01/2009 at 11:31pm

FH-05, BH-G3FX, both 2.1mm

I agree what speedy says about ALC being more solid and faster than TBS except I'd replace the word "much" with "barely noticeably". For me the difference was so small that I sold ALC last week and kept TBS and T5000. I play with TBS but won't be selling T5000 quite yet because there's definitelly something about it...and BTW I switched to 05 both sides. 185g on TBS.

Good point IAmI...
SPEEDY
Viscaria Super ALC ST
JOOLA Rhyzen CMD(FH)
Nittaku Moristo SP (BH)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic