Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Lost in a super close match ...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
TBS9x View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TBS9x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lost in a super close match ...
    Posted: 01/24/2009 at 10:17am
Ahhhhhh......Today, I played a match in my tournament and I lost 3-2....You know what ? The special part is I lost the last set : 22-20 :( ! I had several chances to win but I didn't know how to complete the match.My opponent was about the same level, he has very good back hand, forehand is also good but not as good as his backhand.He had a very heavy FH side-spin + backspin serve and he always serve to my BH.I fought well but still lose, in so bad mood now...I wasn't under pressure but still lose, don't even know why...Is there any tip to win a really close match like this ???

Many thanks,
Lan.
Sponsored Links

theman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/24/2009 at 10:30am
i just finished wathcing gonzalez vs gasquet
11-9 in the fifth set, 4 hr + match!  australian open 3rd round match

gonzalez in the end...

u got to be mentally tough, as u r probably fit and so is the other player to be in this close situation anywho.
just believe u can make the shots...and if ur opponent is close to u in scores, change it up a bit and try a few things to suprise him, something that isnt in your usual repertoire of shots or game plan.

in that tennis match, gasquet started to chip and charge, while fernando constantly sliced the ball, and then out of no where BANG! a ripper of a fh winner.
i lost my racquet

Schlager u beast

http://www.youtube.com/MDSguy

mwyatt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mwyatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/24/2009 at 11:32am
You'll learn so much more from a close loss, than a close win. It's a test of mental girth, if you don't let it get you down and keep on going, then whos the winner?
Asaomi View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asaomi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/24/2009 at 4:16pm
yeah, u have to dare to lose to be able to win
Butterfly Viscaria
FH: DHS Hurricane 3
BH: Stiga Calibra Sound
Totoro View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Totoro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/24/2009 at 7:08pm
Originally posted by theman theman wrote:

i just finished wathcing gonzalez vs gasquet
11-9 in the fifth set, 4 hr + match!  australian open 3rd round match

gonzalez in the end...

u got to be mentally tough, as u r probably fit and so is the other player to be in this close situation anywho.
just believe u can make the shots...and if ur opponent is close to u in scores, change it up a bit and try a few things to suprise him, something that isnt in your usual repertoire of shots or game plan.

in that tennis match, gasquet started to chip and charge, while fernando constantly sliced the ball, and then out of no where BANG! a ripper of a fh winner.

Actually it was 12-10 but meh.

Anyway you have to keep your calm and try to psyche out your opponent - play some mind games with them.
I'm 15

Clipper Wood
FH: DHS Hurricane 3 PROVINCIAL 2.15mm 38 degrees
BH: Palio CK531A OX

CPen Looper with LP twiddling, blocking hitting and LP RPB
TBS9x View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TBS9x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/25/2009 at 1:59am
I wasn't choking at all ! Because I played in my club.The problem is, my opponent FH serve sidespin is so effective ( although I can return most of them ) and he was like impenetrable at that time, so bad ... 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic