Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My video

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Ritkuro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ritkuro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/27/2009 at 6:21am
How long have you been playing Table Tennis? From articles I read, most people who have just begun playing Table Tennis has a better forehand counter and backhand push. Because if you see it clearly, if you do a counter and don't change the angle, put it in your backhand and you can see their angles are similar.It's normal to see you have a weak backhand. Practice and a couple of months will make your forehand push and backhand counter become equal as to that of forehand counter and backhand push.
Sponsored Links

skjutmigmormor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skjutmigmormor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/27/2009 at 10:14am
You have a great feeling for the ball, short servicerecives, nice serves, good fh, and a wrelly cool style :)

I have a simple solution for the mentioned problem regarding the bh.

If you look at the video at 0.18 you have the first mentionend situation where you strike a bh insteed of going for a strong forehand. If you look at your right foot after you friends servicerecive its in to the table, nothing rong with that if you are going to make a tricky return with you bh just like you did, but then when he loops the last ball back you still has you right leg in to the table wich makes it uncomfortable to strike a fh becuse the lack of power (no wrist movement) and balance. That is why you go for the bh insteed. Look at you friend in the same point. He makes the recive with he�s right foot inside the table, and then steps back quickly to starting position making strikes with both bh and fh possible.

The point at 1.45 you can see the differens. Here you have a good positon with you legs and you movement true the point and you finish him of with a  deadly fh counterloop. In this point its your friend that has the bh problem as you for shure can se :)

Remember that this is the first thing you must change before practising anything else, because if you movement is different when you play a match from the strikes that you have been practicing on, you will never find the right spot to use it in.

I like your style, gl m8
1ncludz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1ncludz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/27/2009 at 10:59am
Ritkuro. Go practically not in theory side. Wait you`re playing about 3 weeks and you help other players? I seriouly think you`re brytaku :) There`s similarity even in your nick.
Blade:Stiga Offensive NTC
FH:Tibhar Rapid 1.8
BH:Sriver G2 1.8
Ritkuro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ritkuro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/27/2009 at 11:09am
I base all my posts through things I have read. I have read many things through searching. Since I didn't order my stuff yet, I haven't got the time to play with my friends, I spend most of my time in the computer. If I spend more time in the computer, I get to research some stuff. If I get to reasearch some stuff, I learn. When I learn, I share it through posts. What's wrong with helping people with the use of the damn Google Search Engine?!

If you want, I'll stop "long" posting. Posting everything direct to the point.

Also let's not brake off topic rule. Let's just PM each other if you need to say something about that person.
1ncludz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1ncludz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/27/2009 at 2:01pm
So. You`re admitting that you do not have any practical experience. So stop teaching everyone. And not, if you spend more time on computer , you won`t learn more. Get a life dude.

Blade: Butterfly Primorac
FH: Butterfly Sriver
BH: Butterfly Sriver

LOL? You haven`t got it yet , but you say that you play with it. How pathetic.
Blade:Stiga Offensive NTC
FH:Tibhar Rapid 1.8
BH:Sriver G2 1.8
zrrbiteDK View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zrrbiteDK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/27/2009 at 2:19pm
You know what, TBS? You have great potential for developing your game. Your have a naturally relaxed style. You could attribute most of the nitpicking to the claustrophobic playing conditions.

There's one thing i did notice tho. You're prone to "stepping into" the ball on the center/FH section of the table, with your backhand to block an incoming shot, rather than covering that area with your FH. You leave yourself voulnerable, because you have bad coverage on most angles vs a more agressive opponent.

My advice. Take a step towards your BH corner. Develop strong legs and legwork so that you can cover your FH from there aswell. You could have a really good game.
Current:

Avalox BT777 / ? / ?
TBS9x View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TBS9x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/27/2009 at 2:26pm
Well, thanks guys :D ! I do play for a club, this is just playing for fun at home, I teach the other guy so he can't be as good as me that's for sure ( I won at him 4-1,4-0 every day ... ).Today I made some improvements, I was playing at a higher speed, we had more rallies, I set up my 3rd ball attack better and I use my FH more often.Next week, I'll play in the tournament and I'll video it if possible.Actually, my serves aren't really '' illegal ''.I don't hide my serves but in the video, sometimes when I throw the ball first I put my hand under the table and then I throw the ball, that's my error and today I corrected all of them :D ! And sometimes, when he loops a spinny loop on my fh, I have to smash but not like I block with my BACKHAND sometimes, it's just stupid ! Blocking on the fh with bh ... Anyway I can correct all of those errors really fast :D !
@Ritkuro : I've played table tennis for 7 years.I just prefer to push with BH because I have better feeling, I can push really short and with deadly pushes but now I also push with fh a lot so I can open my fh.About my weak backhand, it's not really weak, just one fault push and you will taste my weakness ^^! Even my coach get punished...When I was 8 years old, I played in a club for kids and I won a tournament with only backhand topspin, backspin service and a backhand drive.All of my opponents got crazy because after the serve they always get a fast backhand drive back.But of course at my level now, the effectiveness has decreased but who cares,I'll use my advantage to put my opponent under the pressure.Hope I can meet you one day ;) !

BTW, is there anyone here from Stockholm or at least from Sweden ?
zrrbiteDK View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zrrbiteDK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/27/2009 at 2:32pm
Originally posted by 1ncludz 1ncludz wrote:

So. You`re admitting that you do not have any practical experience. So stop teaching everyone. And not, if you spend more time on computer , you won`t learn more. Get a life dude.

Blade: Butterfly Primorac
FH: Butterfly Sriver
BH: Butterfly Sriver

LOL? You haven`t got it yet , but you say that you play with it. How pathetic.

Look, if you can't post anything constructive. Just... don't. Stop being an ass to someone who's just trying to help. You can't even post rudely ON-topic.
Current:

Avalox BT777 / ? / ?
TBS9x View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TBS9x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/27/2009 at 3:39pm
I'd really appreciate some helps over here but I don't want my buddies to fight for nothing ! Just stop argueing those things.
skjutmigmormor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skjutmigmormor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/27/2009 at 8:23pm
At least from sweden, yes.
Swiff View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swiff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/28/2009 at 1:05am
Do I need to close thread?

Cmon people.  Act your age.

(unless your like 9, then act 25)
zrrbiteDK View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zrrbiteDK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/28/2009 at 2:23am
Originally posted by Swiffers Swiffers wrote:

Do I need to close thread?

Cmon people.  Act your age.

(unless your like 9, then act 25)

Thread is fine, and has a good purpose.  How about just issuing warnings to the people making fools of themselves and this board? That'd be good.
Current:

Avalox BT777 / ? / ?
ohhgourami View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ohhgourami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2009 at 7:45am
you have a very BH oriented game.  thats how i used to play when i started out and i slowly used my fh much more.  you need to use your wrist more for your bh and you hit the ball way too early.

you opponent likes to serve long and you can loop that instead of pushing.  your fh is strong and i like that.  use it to your advantage.  its easier to loop on both wings if you just bend your knees more.  youre pretty tall; im guessing 5'9" or 10".

your opponent uses TOO much wrist on his bh.  he uses a flipping motion for all his bh shots.
Custom Walnut 7-ply
DHS H3 Provincial untuned 40°
BTY T64
210g
TBS9x View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TBS9x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/03/2009 at 9:09am
you're right :D ! I bend my knees more now.Actually I bent a lot when I train looping multiball but then I forgot to bend when I play match XD  ! Btw, I'm 1m77 only :))
TBS9x View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TBS9x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/04/2009 at 1:33pm
Serious now guys ... I really lost my confidence on my BH.I always get a bit choked when the opponent serve a fast, long no spin on my BH.I can kill the opponent only if I move and loop with forehand.I always hit outside of the table or normally I can just block really passively and the opponent just kill ... Help me plz ! And my flicks also go into the net a lot ... Can it be the rubber's problem ?
ibupro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ibupro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/04/2009 at 9:23pm
Originally posted by TBS9x TBS9x wrote:

Serious now guys ... I really lost my confidence on my BH.I always get a bit choked when the opponent serve a fast, long no spin on my BH.I can kill the opponent only if I move and loop with forehand.I always hit outside of the table or normally I can just block really passively and the opponent just kill ... Help me plz ! And my flicks also go into the net a lot ... Can it be the rubber's problem ?

The rubber may have lost that little bit which allows you to make your shots, does it seem at all worn down, slower or softer than when new?  I think you will only be able to tell be trying a new sheet, or different sheet.  Unless you recover your technique!

I have always handled no spin balls as though they were top spin, contact at the top of the ball and drive through it if looping.  This is a ball I handle well on the bh if I am not deceived.

Hope you get some good help!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic