Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Video - Speedy (Our Very Own Assistant Moderator)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Video - Speedy (Our Very Own Assistant Moderator)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
speedy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/06/2009 at 8:55pm
Originally posted by FireHorse FireHorse wrote:

I thought that most of 2000+ players should have short serves.  I have a friend of mine who's about 2000 level and he told me that he needs to work on his short game more since players at his level have solid short games.  So, I just wonder if you really have short game?

How long do you play and how old were you when you started to play because I think with your style, you probably started to play when you were young. 

Well, you probably already guess I'm Vietnamese too but I'm no where near your level but just be happy to know there are some well-known Vietnamese players in the U.S.

Best Regards,

FireHorse

P.S. I just edited out my question about your game compared to Khoa Nguyen's and De Tran's because it's not a polite thing to ask :)

Well, I didn't like the short game 4 years ago.  I love to go all out for the kill and counter attack.  Now, I do have a short games.  The younger kids are much better than the older guys in the counter attack games.  So, I developed the short games, and getting better with it every day.

I started playing around 6 or 7.  When I was 14 or so, I quit for about 12-14 years, then just started again in 1999.

It's ok to ask me about my game compare to De Tran (~2450) and Khoa Nguyen (~2550).  They are much better than me.  That's obvious.  I can probably give them a hard time, but can't be a threat to those guys.  Smile
SPEEDY
Viscaria Super ALC ST
JOOLA Rhyzen CMD(FH)
Nittaku Moristo SP (BH)
Sponsored Links

bowebj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bowebj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/06/2009 at 9:52pm
hey i played him before in jacksonville. i think i won 1 game in in both sets very good player.
jonyer1980 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/07/2009 at 2:42am

You play pretty nice, you should easily play in the 2nd national league of Spain.

Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Avoid any Butterfly stuff... at abusive prices. Raw power without control means nothing
bogeyhunter View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogeyhunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/07/2009 at 10:34am
Originally posted by speedy speedy wrote:

I am going to another tournament in 3 weeks, and my camcorder just broke couple of days ago.  So, I don't know how to make more videos at this time.  I will try to borrow one... I will try to make more winning points LOL

Cary cup?
www.NexyUSA.com
We also carries Sauer & Tröger.
Lissom O+EASY P 1mm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_65FLO2Lneo
https://youtu.be/YgYFPJCBCr0
https://youtu.be/NeHp789Lb1c
https://youtu.be/_65FLO2Lneo
speedy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/07/2009 at 11:50am
Originally posted by bogeyhunter bogeyhunter wrote:

I am going to another tournament in 3 weeks, and my camcorder just broke couple of days ago.  So, I don't know how to make more videos at this time.  I will try to borrow one... I will try to make more winning points LOL

Cary cup?

This is the one: http://cwp.marriott.com/rdurd/carycuptournament/
SPEEDY
Viscaria Super ALC ST
JOOLA Rhyzen CMD(FH)
Nittaku Moristo SP (BH)
porrotu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote porrotu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/07/2009 at 12:17pm
Nasty FH good stuff
Blade: Joola Chen Weixing
FH: Tenergy 64 1.9
BH: TSP Curl P1r 1.4-1.7
"Smash away ill just chop it back"
speedy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/07/2009 at 1:19pm
Originally posted by porrotu porrotu wrote:

Nasty FH good stuff

Big%20smile
SPEEDY
Viscaria Super ALC ST
JOOLA Rhyzen CMD(FH)
Nittaku Moristo SP (BH)
FireHorse View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FireHorse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/07/2009 at 2:29pm

Well, I didn't like the short game 4 years ago.  I love to go all out for the kill and counter attack.  Now, I do have a short games.  The younger kids are much better than the older guys in the counter attack games.  So, I developed the short games, and getting better with it every day.

I started playing around 6 or 7.  When I was 14 or so, I quit for about 12-14 years, then just started again in 1999.

It's ok to ask me about my game compare to De Tran (~2450) and Khoa Nguyen (~2550).  They are much better than me.  That's obvious.  I can probably give them a hard time, but can't be a threat to those guys.  Smile

Well, I'm glad that you didn't feel offended about my question regarding those two guys. 

About your short game, I think you probably didn't like to do it at first since you said you like to hit it like no tomorrow.  I have a practice partner who does the same thing too and it took him a long time to work on the short game but until now, he still hates it when someone control him by the short game.

Now to the question about the blade, have you ever tried Ishlion?  If you did, could you tell me if T5000 is the same as Ishlion?  I have used Ishlion for a while and am thinking of trying one of the Timo Boll Series blade and I'm debating b/w the T5000 and the ALC.

And have you every tried Yasaka Pryde rubber?  I've been using it for a while (on my Ishlion blade) and love it. 

Thanks in advance.

FireHorse
Current Setup:
Butterfly Primorac Carbon
FH: Andro Rassant Grip
BH: Andro Rassant PowerGrip
speedy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/07/2009 at 6:00pm
Originally posted by FireHorse FireHorse wrote:

Well, I'm glad that you didn't feel offended about my question regarding those two guys. 

About your short game, I think you probably didn't like to do it at first since you said you like to hit it like no tomorrow.  I have a practice partner who does the same thing too and it took him a long time to work on the short game but until now, he still hates it when someone control him by the short game.

Now to the question about the blade, have you ever tried Ishlion?  If you did, could you tell me if T5000 is the same as Ishlion?  I have used Ishlion for a while and am thinking of trying one of the Timo Boll Series blade and I'm debating b/w the T5000 and the ALC.

And have you every tried Yasaka Pryde rubber?  I've been using it for a while (on my Ishlion blade) and love it. 

Thanks in advance.

FireHorse

They are my friends.  It's all good.  I tried Ishlion, T5000, and ALC.  T5000 is better than the other two all around.  I tried Yasaka Pryde.  It's really good rubber.  I recommend T5000 with Pryde.  However, Pryde is too soft for me.
SPEEDY
Viscaria Super ALC ST
JOOLA Rhyzen CMD(FH)
Nittaku Moristo SP (BH)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic