Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

729 Rubbers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
j0rnal1sta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote j0rnal1sta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/27/2006 at 10:33pm

I played with:

729 40-s , it is glue with glue, but i didn't like to block balls with much speed. It's difficult to do hard topspins, for like 2m to table.

Blade: Waldner Senso Carbon ST
Forehand: T05 Black
Backhand: T05 Red

Sponsored Links

Leeroy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leeroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/29/2006 at 8:40am

729 has many choices to choose from.  I have 40H and 40S and they are better when they have been glued a few times - sheet stretched and sponge softened. 

They have many variant rubbers now.  So much to choose from.  They all have variations and so damn many. 

I liked Higher transcend.  The cream transcend was good too.  The cream trancend was faster.  I think the transcend on cream is tensioned more than higher (Well I cant say for sure I only tried it once).  Black cream transcend compared to Red Higher - Higher softer and less tacky but Cream was faster off bat and even rating suggests that.  I found that interesting.  I think the mild tack on Higher on that softer sponge really effects the speed.  Not only that but the Higher sheet is more elastic than cream making it even softer.  I read somewhere (more than one place if I can recall) that Higher transcend with speed glue you increase speed by 30%.  The many considerations of many combinations.  Like a mammoth chemical formula.

All these rubbers are different and need time to wear in.  Like getting yourself aquainted with the rubber and the rubber gets worn in and aquainted with you .

Higher transcend was nice allround.  Plays good unglued and probably exceptional with glue.  Cream transcend was good and surprisingly fast for me.  The tensioned transcend sponges have some good speed.  It says that energy doesn't dissipate with transcend compared to others and I found that true.  Because the Higher is more elastic than cream unglued it was nice speed.  Much better than geospin tacky imo.  Geospin tacky more relies on the blade unglued and with a carbon blade - Well, got one word to describe that - CLANK!

And same with supersoft fx el.  Elastic and much better on a flexy springy wooden blade.  I heard 896 is flexy and springy wood blade.  Those rubbers would go great on a blade like that prob *shrugs*.

Blade: Galaxy U4
BH: DHS H2 (orange)
FH: DHS G666 or 729 40H German ESN

http://www.myspace.com/leethedream
Todd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Todd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2006 at 1:46am
A friend gave me a sheet of 729 FX Super Soft sponge (35 degrees). Is this rubber good for mid-distance looping, serving, pushing?

Thanks in advance for your replies.
Thaidog View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thaidog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2006 at 3:49am

I've enjoyed good success with 799 on 1.8mm MRS. I just made my own topsheet / sponge combo today with 563-1 on MRS 2.2mm. I can't wait to play with it.

I enjoy the idea now of being able to custom make my own combination sheets so I can taylor make an more exact fit for my playing style.

Timo ALC FL

Tibhar Grip S MAx

Tenergy 64 FX National 2.1mm

He never boosts... of course he never had to...
alphapong View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alphapong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2006 at 4:08am
FXEL supersoft was one of the earlier attempts to make a more euro rubber. The sponge is very soft and light, and the topsheet not very tacky. As a result it is really kind of lifeless without glue. When speed glued it picks up quite a bit. Since it gets most of its spin from the sponge I think it is better for controlled looping than serving or pushing.  I think 729 has some nicer choices now; like Higher, and XP/XT. But since you got it for free, why not glue it up real good and give it a go.
Leeroy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leeroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2006 at 6:23pm
Yeah supersoft fx plays much much better with glue.  Without glue it is pretty poor.  It has a nice low arc about it.  Good for loop driving.  Without glue it is too elastic, mushy and slow.  Can't do much with it.  Glued up livens up and plays/feels way way better.  I can't see it as a good non glue rubber.
Blade: Galaxy U4
BH: DHS H2 (orange)
FH: DHS G666 or 729 40H German ESN

http://www.myspace.com/leethedream
bigreddawgie View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigreddawgie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2006 at 9:01pm
anyone know anything bout the new 729 sst rubber given to the china national team?  god something
ttman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2006 at 9:27pm

tom is sending me black and red sheet of the god sst and focus II ill have wendsday and ill know a little more about them then

wfwfitz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wfwfitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2006 at 9:41pm
Now they are overdoing it, rubbers for God.
Wfwfitz
Xiom Axelo
Xiom Sigma Pro Red and Black
Butterfly Amultart
Tenergy 05 Black and Red 64
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2006 at 11:11pm
that would be great ttman!  A new thread might be better since this one is gettting toolong and the title too generic...
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic