Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

shocked by ma lin carbon

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
big d View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: shocked by ma lin carbon
    Posted: 06/03/2009 at 3:34am
two days ago i recieved  my new ma lin carbon i put two new sheets of mark v i used dhs water glue to assemble the racket yestreday i took it for a hit and it did not had any feel looping required too much effort i cannot understand why this happened becase as compared to this an old unglued kenny pro with mark v had more feel and required less energy is there something wrong or i just didnt assemble it correctly
petr korbel
fh t05
bh nexy karis m
Sponsored Links

729 FX View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 729 FX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/03/2009 at 3:42am
Could this product suffers from lack of QC or is it a defective one? 
peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/03/2009 at 3:45am
Ma Lin Carbon is indeed not a fast blade. Mine is not fast too.
Andro Wanokiwami AO Offensive 83 gr
H3 National Orange 40 deg 2.2
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

big d View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/03/2009 at 3:49am
peter did u try it with any tenor tubbers
petr korbel
fh t05
bh nexy karis m
peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/03/2009 at 3:56am
I tried it with Roxon 450 on BH and Mambo GP on FH.
With this setup it's much faster than Mark V.
But still it's slower than acoustic and perhaps Vioncello which is a defensive blade.
Andro Wanokiwami AO Offensive 83 gr
H3 National Orange 40 deg 2.2
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

big d View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/03/2009 at 6:42am
the speed meets with tbs
petr korbel
fh t05
bh nexy karis m
ErikaT View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ErikaT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/03/2009 at 7:07am
i feel that  acoustic  is too slow, and i cant imagine a blade slower than it
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/03/2009 at 10:16am
if MLC falls short of the expections what abt ML Soft Carbon? I dun have both so what i like to know is how do these 2 Carbon blades compare w/ ML Extra OFF? A lotta YEO have been on sale lately but to me it's a so so blade n IMHO, i thought, (oh...i almost forgot I still have the freedom to have "thought" here unlike some O Greatness/Gloriousness has said abt me!) the feeling/feedback is not as good as my PKorbel of similar weight and also both r rated as "OFF".
I was once dead curious abt these MLC n MLSC n hoped that 1 day I might try the MLSC if there's used 1 available here or @ my club.
LittleFish.Net View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleFish.Net Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/03/2009 at 11:15am
I don't think you did anything wrong in your assembly. The Ma Lin carbon is a very stiff blade. If you are used to softer wooden blades it might take quite a while to get used to and you need to adjust your strokes accordingly. I'm curious if you play well and like softer blades why are you jumping to a MLC all of a sudden?
Violin CPen/FH:T05 2.1/BH:T64 1.9
W-6 CPen/FH:IQUL 2.2/BH:IQUL SV 2.0
big d View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/03/2009 at 11:22am
i play with schlager carbon with tenergy it does not get any stiffer than that
petr korbel
fh t05
bh nexy karis m

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleFish.Net Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/03/2009 at 11:49am
Hmm, I see. May be your setup can only be topped by H2 on Boll Tricarbon as far as stiffness concerns.

I don't loop much with the MLC after switching to Japanese rubber, it is basically a blocking/smashing blade for me. However, I didn't have much trouble while using tacky Chinese rubbers like 729-2, H3, or Hadou on the MLC. Chinese rubbers like the Palio Hadou (plays very much like H3) is cheap so if you think you want to give it a try before throwing in the towel, I would suggest putting a piece just for the fh and see if it works better.
big d View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/03/2009 at 12:12pm
hey littlefish what do u think if i combine it with blue whale 2 tuned
petr korbel
fh t05
bh nexy karis m
big d View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/03/2009 at 12:13pm
and also how does t05 play on it
petr korbel
fh t05
bh nexy karis m
lu1648 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lu1648 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/03/2009 at 12:18pm
Originally posted by big d big d wrote:

besides feeling weird cuz the rubber is more expensive than the blade? i don't know...LOL but interested to know...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleFish.Net Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/03/2009 at 3:22pm

hey littlefish what do u think if i combine it with blue whale 2 tuned

I don't know much about BW2 tuned so I don't think I'm qualified to answer this question. In general, I found the MLC plays well using tacky Chinese rubber with hard sponge. If the BW2 tuned is in this category, it should work well. However, I paid about $10 for the Hadou so if it turns out to be a bad combo I only lost $10. The BW2 is over $20 so it would double your risk so to speak.    

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleFish.Net Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/03/2009 at 3:58pm
Originally posted by lu1648 lu1648 wrote:

besides feeling weird cuz the rubber is more expensive than the blade? i don't know...LOL but interested to know...

@big d:Using T05 on MLC is not as fast as I thought it would. However, this combo produces some serious spins. The fastest combo with T05 that I personally tried is T05 on Hurricane Hao. The speed difference between the MLC and HH is significant with T05. The T05 on MLC combo is actually pretty good for me to play short games. Pushes are very controllable and my serves are very spinny. Smashes are quite powerful but I do have some problems looping perhaps of my techniques (or lack of).   

@lu1648:I got my T05's from Dandoy and they came out to about $50 a piece. The MLC is $60 so the blade is still (a little) more expensive than the rubber However, I did glued T05 to a $18 729 Bomb as well as other blades as part of a 3 weeks test to determine which rubber works best for me.    
lu1648 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lu1648 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/03/2009 at 4:28pm
Originally posted by LittleFish.Net LittleFish.Net wrote:

However, I did glued T05 to a $18 729 Bomb as well as other blades as part of a 3 weeks test to determine which rubber works best for me.    

haha... nice~~~~~

i'll be getting cheap rubbers from china soon. some really really cheap palio training rubbers. i'll put it on my MLC and use it again. since i switched to a nittaku blade, i basically wrapped my MLC in food wraps and stored it away...

when i come to think about it, maybe i should just stick with 1 blade instead of switching back and forth between blades cuz i dont wanna mess up my strokes (still learning)...
jonyer1980 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/03/2009 at 5:29pm
Originally posted by ErikaT ErikaT wrote:

i feel that  acoustic  is too slow, and i cant imagine a blade slower than it

You�re just kidding, aren�t you?

Acoustic has almost the same speed as TBS.
Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Avoid any Butterfly stuff... at abusive prices. Raw power without control means nothing
ckm423 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ckm423 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/03/2009 at 6:10pm
Water glue makes regular rubber feel dead.
Yasaka Extra
FH: DHS Neo Skyline 2
BH: Donic Acuda S2 2.0mm
USATT:1876
My Feedback!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleFish.Net Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/03/2009 at 6:40pm
Originally posted by jonyer1980 jonyer1980 wrote:

Originally posted by ErikaT ErikaT wrote:

i feel that� acoustic� is too slow, and i cant imagine a blade slower than it

You�re just kidding, aren�t you?

Acoustic has almost the same speed as TBS.

Sometimes it is hard to tell which blades is faster when we keep changing rubber/blade combinations. That's why I stick with T05 after I found I like the playing characteristics of this rubber. At this point I just keep switching blades until I found one that suits me with the T05. However, I have to agree that Acoustic is a fast blade from all I've read. Slightly faster than the Violin, I was told.

How does T05 play on the Violin? I just bought a Violin but didn't have time to glue any rubbers on it yet.
big d View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/03/2009 at 6:49pm
what i cant believe is how can ma lin generate so much power using this blade
petr korbel
fh t05
bh nexy karis m

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleFish.Net Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/03/2009 at 6:50pm
Originally posted by ckm423 ckm423 wrote:

Hmm, a very good point. That might have something to do with it.
dauntless View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dauntless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/03/2009 at 7:22pm
Originally posted by ckm423 ckm423 wrote:

Absolutely correct IMO. I think using old REGULAR voc glue is much better with regular rubbers. I will continue to do this until my supply runs out. Then I will use Nittaku finezip which turned out to be OK if used with supplied sponge.

RE: Topic
Not sure about MLC but I have a YEO and it wasn't for me. You know some blades don't work for every style and rubber. The MLC and Mark V should work fine, but maybe it just isn't your  style. I would imagine this combo would work great for someone who hits pretty hard. Also, you may need to break the ruber in a bit. Many rubbers need a bit of healthy practice before they start to work as normal.
1. BTY Primorac, Nittaku H3N, T64 2. BTY Primorac, H3N, Mendo MP Feedback
big d View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/03/2009 at 8:07pm
that makes sense dauntless
petr korbel
fh t05
bh nexy karis m
zwu168 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zwu168 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/03/2009 at 8:38pm
Hm...the one i have tried is really fast. It's rather stiff for my taste
OC WRB
FH: Hurricane 2
BH: CJ8000
big d View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/03/2009 at 8:52pm
maybe its because u used chinese rubbers today i probably try tg2
petr korbel
fh t05
bh nexy karis m

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleFish.Net Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/03/2009 at 10:35pm

what i cant believe is how can ma lin generate so much power using this blade

I saw a close-up picture of Ma Lin's blade from another thread on this forum quite a while ago. It has the handle of a MLC but the outer layer is stained and I can't see any carbon layers. It resembles a YEO more than a MLC. So, it is very possible that Ma Lin is using a YEO with a MLC handle. BTW, I read the below comment from another thread which I think is funny but has some truth to it: "Ma Lin can probably generate great spin using a frying pan." I once saw a picture of Wang Hao with what looks like a 20kg weight resting on his elbow/biceps and his upper arm still keeps a 90 degree angle away from the body. They might not look that strong but I think any world class table tennis player can easily beat most people in an arm wrestling match. The same is true that professional ballet dancers can easily do a round kick and break our necks if they wanted to. Looks can be deceiving.
TT_Freak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT_Freak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/04/2009 at 10:49am
Your technique probably isnt very efficient. Remember that spin should always be secondary to pace. You swing forward and through the ball, while imparting enough spin to keep it in.
Violin
F1
Actor

10g at 3 and 9
10g at 12
20g at the end of handle
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic