FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Haifu Whale II tuned $17

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
tdragon View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Haifu Whale II tuned $17
    Posted: 07/11/2009 at 11:38pm
Sponsored Links

JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/12/2009 at 12:45am
That seems kinda low with free US shipping... hmm... tempting
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
tdragon View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/12/2009 at 1:35am
I am tempting too. The seller has very good feedback, so I guess that it is a good deal. Just want to share with everyone. Wink
anubhav1984 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anubhav1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/12/2009 at 1:47am
tdragon:- Be careful!!! The picks tell me that it is not a factory tuned version for sure. But yeah, you can't beat the prices even if it is the standard non tuned version. Atleast, when it is free shipping worldwide.
Take a closer look at the pic where they are showing the packing's back side. It clearly tells you that it is not tuned. If it would have had the tuning layer, it would have had the diagonal HaiFu red colored label visible.
Please confirm.
Butterfly Viscaria FL
FH - Undecided
BH - Undecided
tdragon View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/12/2009 at 1:59am

I thought that only tuned version would have seal bag. Wink

I haven't seen non-tuned version, but the price is good even with non-tuned version.
Jonan View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/12/2009 at 2:14am
I ordered some 5 days ago, so I comment on it when I get it in. 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anubhav1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/12/2009 at 2:24am
Jonan:- Did you order from the same reseller, the one that is beign discussed here? If it is the same reseller, then please let us know when it reaches you.
tdragon :- From all what i have read, even the non factory tuned version comes vacuum sealed itself.

Butterfly Viscaria FL
FH - Undecided
BH - Undecided
Jonan View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/12/2009 at 2:48am
Originally posted by anubhav1984 anubhav1984 wrote:

Jonan:- Did you order from the same reseller, the one that is beign discussed here? If it is the same reseller, then please let us know when it reaches you.
tdragon :- From all what i have read, even the non factory tuned version comes vacuum sealed itself.

Yeah, it was the same one, no one else sells it for so cheap.

I asked him about it and got the response "not sure sorry"  and "item will be same as the picture, the picture is the package. open it. it will be clear black rubber".
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anubhav1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/12/2009 at 2:56am
That's great. Inform us when you receive it. In case it has a plastic covering on the backside (sponge) with HaiFu written in red diagonally on it, it is the Factory Tuned version, otherwise, it is just the standard version.
In case you own a Factory Tuned version already, please compare how this 38 deg (Tuned or Untuned, whatever it may be) plays like.
I have a 39 deg Factory Tuned with me, which i ordered from Eacheng.net.
I am currently looking for a suitable blade to pair it up with.
My price range being only upto $35.
Butterfly Viscaria FL
FH - Undecided
BH - Undecided
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/12/2009 at 9:23am
Jonan, let us know when you get it. The seller is probably not a TT expert...
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
Jonan View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/15/2009 at 5:01pm
Well I got it in today and opened it up and put it on my blade. It came in a package that was shown in the picture and was the right color and degree, but there was no plastic covering on the sponge once I opened the package, so I think it's safe to assume that it's not a tuned whale?
nick911sc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nick911sc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/15/2009 at 8:27pm
I'm always afraid that if I buy rubbers from ebay they'll be fake..
YEO Cpen

Xiom Fuga Cpen

Xiom Strato Cpen

Dawei Matrix Cpen

Dawei Quattro A+ FL

Jonan View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/15/2009 at 11:19pm
Originally posted by nick911sc nick911sc wrote:

I'm always afraid that if I buy rubbers from ebay they'll be fake..

I've never had that problem myself, and I've bought most of my equipment from ebay. Even my Jo Platin, I got on ebay for $30 a piece new and it was the real deal, same as my friend's. I've ordered from 4 or 5 ebay stores now to get tt stuff and though it takes a couple weeks, I've never had any counterfeit problems that I know of. Of course, why counterfeit a cheap product from your own country? And ebay of course has feedback and replies.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anubhav1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/16/2009 at 12:37am
Jonan:- In case there is no plastic covering on the sponge, it is not a tuned version for sure.
But in any case, for $17 shipped, the price of Haifu BW2 is lowest that i have seen anywhere.
I might order some from him as i want to see the difference between tuned and the untuned version, but first i need a blade to slap it on to.

Off topic:- Can anyone suggest a good blade to put this rubber on?
Butterfly Viscaria FL
FH - Undecided
BH - Undecided
Jonan View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/16/2009 at 12:53am
Originally posted by anubhav1984 anubhav1984 wrote:

Jonan:- In case there is no plastic covering on the sponge, it is not a tuned version for sure.
But in any case, for $17 shipped, the price of Haifu BW2 is lowest that i have seen anywhere.
I might order some from him as i want to see the difference between tuned and the untuned version, but first i need a blade to slap it on to.

Off topic:- Can anyone suggest a good blade to put this rubber on?

I had tacky hard rubber on a carbokev, K-5 blade, which is a fast fairly stiff one, and it was pretty dead. I put the same stuff on my Donic Epox Offensive, which is an off 7 ply all wood blade, and it came alive on there, enough to make me buy the whale 2 and put it on there. An offensive all wood blade without too much flex works pretty well, doesn't have to be too fancy. It's not terribly expensive either, if you want to risk Dandoy, it's $35 new there. Pretty fast, light, and well balanced, plus I love the anatomic handle. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic