Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Is it me?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
theman19 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theman19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is it me?
    Posted: 08/16/2009 at 7:01am
Yesterday when i was playing table tennis at my club i found that my wrist for some odd reason wants to open the racket face  which is usual for a forehand topspin loop. ConfusedI closed the racket face before the ball came into contact, just before the ball hits my rubber my wrist just opens the racket face which made my ball fly. I didn't make my wrist open the racket face i only made it close the racket face.  It sometimes happens but yesterday just aggravated me when i tried to hit a forehand top spin loopAngry. It just open the rackets face. However, 2 hours latter i played some one else and my forehand topspin loop was marvelous, it hit the table every singe time i hit it with heaps of power and spin. With great placement.Big%20smile  Is this nerves or something else and how do i overcome this.
Confused
Thanks.
Sponsored Links

Glenn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glenn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/16/2009 at 7:23am
From experience, i would say its because of the ball (bad quality) or the spin. The ball might not bounce like it normally would if it was of great quality thus ur wrist reacts to hit the ball. Otherwise, the player might be imparting spin that causes the ball to bounce unexpectedly.

If its not the above two i do not really know.. i wonder if it could be due to timing then..
theman19 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theman19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/16/2009 at 7:27am
the guy was playing with a dead rubber.
sadius View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sadius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/16/2009 at 10:28am
It could be from the timing, your opponent ball went slow and your arm go too fast then you have to extend your hand too the max position and your bat will open.
Two thing you could correct this issue:
1) Loop drive through the ball little late or smash the ball
2) Wait for ball drop then brush loop
Good luck
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic