Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

what is the best 729 blade?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
abshadow15 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abshadow15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: what is the best 729 blade?
    Posted: 09/29/2009 at 8:51pm
what is the best 729 blade?

i tried 8030 and hinoki carbon of 729.
CURRENT SET-UP:
blade: Donic Black Devil
FH: BWII
BH: Sriver L
Sponsored Links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abshadow15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/30/2009 at 2:20am
bump
CURRENT SET-UP:
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/30/2009 at 6:54am
I don't know which suit your game, but I think these are their top blades:

Bomb
Ayous Hinoki
Hao Shuai Carbon
Blackwhilrwind
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abshadow15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/30/2009 at 7:06am
thanks.
CURRENT SET-UP:
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/30/2009 at 11:35am
729 V-6, of course Smile
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
dr_stalker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_stalker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/30/2009 at 11:59am
729 Two Speed Carbon
Blade: BUTTERFLY M.Maze OFF
FH: BUTTERFLY Tenergy 05 2,1
BH: NITTAKU Flyatt Hard super thick
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/30/2009 at 12:17pm
That was a nice blade, but varied in quality.  I have one I saved with a snake on the handle (anatomic) insert that had nice hinoki or juniper outer.  But I also saw some with a monkey that had the most horrible like plywood or put together presswood cover taht I've ever seen on a racket. So be careful of what you're getting on those.  I think they're not being produced any more so if you got one it would be used.

Oh, wait, that was the 2speed sweet spot carbon. You're talking about the one with only one carbon piece that is like the supercarbon.  Oh, man, that thing was a brick.  hard outer ply like the 6030.  Even the single carbon version was crazy fast.

All of hagis' favs on the other hand are the softest, slowest rackets of the bunch.  Probably they are the best blades for 99% of players though.  But the poster seemed to be referencing the harder carbons.

I kind if liked the blue thunder glassfiber but it quit selling. Will power was nice but quite springy and hard to handle in short game. Hao shui is probably their nicest carbon in production at least in terms of being a usable speed.
Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/30/2009 at 12:19pm
They make the gambler arylate carbon, so I'm going to say that's the nicest one they make.

JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/30/2009 at 2:58pm
Originally posted by cole_ely cole_ely wrote:

They make the gambler arylate carbon, so I'm going to say that's the nicest one they make.

Yes, that's a very very nice blade for OFF- player. One of rare Carbon-Arylates which you can give to a total beginner (and then he can keep on playing it from 100 thru 1700 USATT easily)... imho, of course.
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
jt99sf View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jt99sf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/30/2009 at 3:00pm
I just wish they made a better FL handle instead of the skinny one.
Photino/Super Viscaria : H3 (FH)/Dr N pips(BH)

林德成 HardBat:Hock 3-Ply /Dr Evil
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/30/2009 at 3:33pm
That's extremely true about the A/C's versatility. I would imagine it would be fast enough for most players 2000 or more unless they had specific need for a very fast blade, like if they physically couldn't generate the power themselves for some reason. 

debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/01/2009 at 2:21am
Originally posted by JimT JimT wrote:

729 V-6, of course Smile

second that!!

i played with gambler arylate carbon, 729dynasty hinoki, bomb, instinct and instinct+ and V6.

V6 had the best combination of power speed (OFF) and balance...

the second would be dynasty hinoki.. the only problem with that though is the sharp ping.

729-F1||Rhyzm-P(FH)|| Rasant Grip orRhyzm-P max(BH)
vid1
Vid 2
AL_in_MN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AL_in_MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/01/2009 at 11:42am
the second would be dynasty hinoki.. the only problem with that though is the sharp ping.

I think you mean the dynasty Carbon hinoki (my blade), the Dynasty Hinoki is the all wood one, and does not ping (have this one too). The carbon hinoki has a ping, but I dont think its annoying at all, sounds more like a musical note to me, but sometimes my opponents have commented on it, all the better IMOWink

I love the Dynasty Carbon Hinoki, quite fast but much better control with the balsa core than some of their stiffer carbon blades, plays quite well both close to and away from the table in my experience.
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/01/2009 at 12:49pm
right ... 729 dynasty carbon hinoki :)
vid1
Vid 2
The Shakehander View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Shakehander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/01/2009 at 3:40pm
*cough* look at my siggy *cough*, i'm looking for a compatible inverted rubber now for another blank blade Geek
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/01/2009 at 6:32pm
There was a 729 hinoki that was just like dynasty carbon but didn't have carbon.  Not sure if it's still around, but there def was one.

beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/02/2009 at 1:20am
I had a 6030L cpen, and I'll tell you what: It was 5 ply, yet fast enough and compatible enough to where I was playing Higher Transcend on it UNGLUED and it was still very very very nice. I tried Higher Transcend on HK unglued around the same time, and I almost threw up it was so lifeless and slow.

That blade is great. Good SP blade too.
Re1Mu2R3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Re1Mu2R3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/28/2009 at 2:34am
This thread is pretty old but could someone make a review and comparison of 8040, Blue Thunder and Hinoki Carbon? I don't know which one to get.
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/28/2009 at 2:50am
v-6.. and jimT knows why :)
vid1
Vid 2
Jonan View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/20/2010 at 10:05pm
NEEECROOOOO!

I'd like to bump up this thread for 2 reasons.

1. Debraj discovered and was praising the V-6 over a 3 months ago.

2. I'm looking at the Dynasty 2 speed carbon from 729, sounds like a good blade, but how nice would it be with pips on one side, and which side would be better for them?
Mt.Biker E View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mt.Biker E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/21/2010 at 10:19am
The Gambler Black Diamond is a texiilum balsa blade.
I've been enjoying using it for about a year now.
My first "real" blade was the lkt ayious/hinoki, still use it as a back up.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic