Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Locking-In and Sidespin

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
robjkc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robjkc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Locking-In and Sidespin
    Posted: 11/10/2009 at 11:34pm
My club recently had a pretty high level (2300 US) Korean penholder who joined and he's been kind enough to give free lessons.

The first thing he said was that I had no middle game.  So for the first few lessons he's been trying to fix my stroke by hitting counters.  He say's that I am not "locking in" on the ball and that instead of swinging out and away from my body I am swinging towards my body and lifting too much. 

To help me "lock in" he's making me do drills where I only hit sidespin on the ball.  My past lesson he had me hit FH counters with the blade almost closed hitting down on the ball with mostly sidespin.  I was surprised to find out that the ball got over the net with mainly sidespin. 

Anyway, I'm pretty excited about finally getting some lessons and trying to get rid of some of my bad habits.  If anyone has more insight on "locking in" and using sidespin on your shots let me know.
Sponsored Links

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic