Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Zhang Jike's opening backhand technique

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
siemans View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siemans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/12/2010 at 3:32am
what rubber is ZJK using on his BH ?
Sponsored Links

asyraf View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asyraf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/12/2010 at 3:56am
bryce speed
Blade: TBS
FH: Sriver L 2.1mm
BH: Vega Europe Max
Thaidog View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thaidog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/12/2010 at 6:30am
Actually now it seems to be Tenergy 64.
Timo ALC FL

Tibhar Grip S MAx

Tenergy 64 FX National 2.1mm

He never boosts... of course he never had to...
milan099 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote milan099 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/12/2010 at 10:58am
i really appreciate this video very much. I tried it after watching the video and pictures. It really works well after some tries, still need lot more practice though. It increase accuracy of my BH by quite a lot but my wrist seems to get pain after sometime. Is the problem due to my wrong execution?
sunny View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/12/2010 at 11:07am
Originally posted by milan099 milan099 wrote:

i really appreciate this video very much. I tried it after watching the video and pictures. It really works well after some tries, still need lot more practice though. It increase accuracy of my BH by quite a lot but my wrist seems to get pain after sometime. Is the problem due to my wrong execution?

It is normal to get pain in the wrist, do it for 10 minutes and it gets tiring. Good to do some wrist exercises to strengthen it and gradually spend longer time into this stroke.

You can do chiquita stroke which is like inside spin and then do inside out spin during practice, arching the ball other way. Together they are less tiring than just doing chiquita.

I had been doing this stroke for some time and did not even know it's name, just developed it to open from backhand.
Thaidog View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thaidog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/13/2010 at 11:14pm
Got a chance to mulitball today with this technique. I've got to say when it works its very effective but I am still having trouble with heavy underspin. Contact has to be precise and close as possible to the the edge of the paddle I order to get the racket speed needed to flip the ball. My normal technique is much more broad and I have to focus on less moving parts and more wrist movement.
Timo ALC FL

Tibhar Grip S MAx

Anton Chigurh View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anton Chigurh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/13/2010 at 11:32pm
Originally posted by Thaidog Thaidog wrote:

Got a chance to mulitball today with this technique. I've got to say when it works its very effective but I am still having trouble with heavy underspin. Contact has to be precise and close as possible to the the edge of the paddle I order to get the racket speed needed to flip the ball. My normal technique is much more broad and I have to focus on less moving parts and more wrist movement.

I have a feeling that you're much better at table tennis than I am. I also haven't read this entire thread so it may have already been said, but...

I think it's also pretty important that you contact the ball as close to the top of the bounce as possible on this shot... especially against heavy backspin.

At least, that's what I've been told by people much better than I, and I know that when I manage to time it just right (at the top of the bounce) then I have a much higher success rate with this shot.

Please forgive me if I'm telling you something that you already know. Embarrassed

Neo H3 40D| Offensive S | Tenergy 80
Thaidog View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thaidog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/14/2010 at 12:05am
No no great advice Big smile I found myself almost chuncking my brand new sheet of Phenix on the edge of the table at one point LOL It is foreign to me to stay so compact in technique. Over the table play is not easy!
Timo ALC FL

Tibhar Grip S MAx

infinite_loop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote infinite_loop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2010 at 2:24am

Super slow motion closeup  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwuqTEX9lyU#t=4m5s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XTZZVYvBjA#t=2m2s

Edited by infinite_loop - 11/22/2010 at 3:48am
Thaidog View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thaidog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/2010 at 12:50am
Originally posted by infinite_loop infinite_loop wrote:

Super slow motion closeup  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwuqTEX9lyU#t=4m5s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XTZZVYvBjA#t=2m2s

Wow thanks those are both great examples. Ma Longs form is quite amazing!
Timo ALC FL

Tibhar Grip S MAx

cls2222 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cls2222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/2010 at 1:13am
IMO, it is one of the safest fast opening backhands. Players like Ovtcharov and Mattenet may have more power, but they have much larger strokes.
Korbel
Stiga Boost TX   

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic