FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

J.O. Shape

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
the_theologian View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/2013 at 12:13pm
Originally posted by the_theologian the_theologian wrote:

Originally posted by Thomasson Thomasson wrote:

tabletennis11.com is currently selling various jo shaped blades!

yes, thank goodness! :)

i bought 3 WSC JO ST's yesterday, and I noted they had 47 left

now down to 37

still at 37... I have a suspicion that another dealer bought 10 to re sell
Appelgren Allplay ST / Vega Europe max
Sponsored Links

tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/2013 at 1:03pm

I won't be surprised that some/that particualr seller would show up here or on Ebay to resell/flip these for a profit. We see that all the time. What a pathetic way to make a living, if you could call it that...

Edited by tiehwen - 11/20/2013 at 1:11pm
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/2013 at 1:14pm
Originally posted by tiehwen tiehwen wrote:

I won't be surprised that some/that particualr seller would show up here or on Ebay to resell/flip these for a profit. We see that all the time. What a pathetic way to make a living, if you could call it that...

i was actually thinking it may be a retailer. even tt-japan sells it for $86, and iriuru even higher. so if they buy 10 from tt11, they come for $46.52 each including shipping.

not a bad move when they are hard to get for shortage reasons

i would note though, that the one wsc i got from tt-japan, had a japanese text on the blade box, whereas the tt11 one did not
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/2013 at 1:27pm

....i would note though, that the one wsc i got from tt-japan, had a japanese text on the blade box, whereas the tt11 one did not
some of us got so caught up by the commotion of this or that model supposedly used by this or that great player & therefore have this urge of "I must have this or that blade for collection" so on so forth...
Iruiru's/tt-japan's models could be the "imported" version for Japanese Market & therefore I'm not surprised that there are Japanese characters/texts on.
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/2013 at 1:54pm
yeah my point was just that, regarding the one i got from tt-japan, it apparently wasn't bought through another retailer
king_pong View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote king_pong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2013 at 2:22am
I recently purchased a JO-shaped blade from tt11.com -- the Donic DICON.  Though I do not doubt that these from tt11.com are original, I do have some doubt as to the quality of these blades.  The blades have the "D-JTTA" stamp on the bottom of the handle, so I would believe that these were slotted to be shipped and sold to Japan (why then, are we able to purchase them from an Estonian TT shop then? Ermm).

Furthering my suspicion, if you examine tt11's content pic of the handle end, you'll notice something peculiar about the middle ply -- it has a thin hair-line running through it -- 

You'll notice, this hair-line runs through the entire middle-ply, bisecting the "D-JTTA" lettering.  

Before purchasing I asked customer service at tt1.com if these blades were "seconds", or if there were anything out of the ordinary with them.  An employee assured me that these were ordinary JO Dicons, 5-ply, nothing to fret about.  When my Dicon arrived last week, much to my chagrin, the core ply had the exact same hair-line throughout the entire core Stern Smile (I'll post pics).  After applying some oil for finish to the handle and edge, it really made it obvious that this middle ply is actual two pieces glued together Confused.   
       Would love to hear your thoughts on it, and if you happen to notice any fishy "quality issues" with your WSC's coming from tt11, theologian.  

Edited by king_pong - 11/21/2013 at 2:26am
Stiga Infinity VPS (Master): fh/bh - Nittaku Hammond CR max
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2013 at 2:27am
very interesting. well, the one I received so far was 78 grams, and quality control seemed flawless. in fact, it was even a bit more refined that the 82 gram sample I received from tt-japan

I'll check back in when my next three arrive. it is an interesting suggestion, that these could be seconds... perhaps tt11 will jump in and provide info

p.s. I received my blade from you today :)
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2013 at 2:28am
...here's a thought I just had... could that hairline be from the instrument/tool which engraves the D-JTTAA, as it lines up and orients to the blade before actually engraving?
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2013 at 2:31am
i sent a pm to tt11 in hopes he/she will stop by this thread
tabletennis11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tabletennis11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2013 at 2:44am
tabletennis11 orders Donic JO Shape blades from Donic in Germany. The blades are produced and stamped in Sweden.  For us only the shape of the blade was important. Some of the blades have this stamp D-JTTA as part of production for Japan.
king_pong View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote king_pong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2013 at 4:05am

...here's a thought I just had... could that hairline be from the instrument/tool which engraves the D-JTTAA, as it lines up and orients to the blade before actually engraving?

The engraving is no doubt done with a wood-burning stamp (from the look of it, it appears so).  I don't think whatever produces the insignia needs to be lined up around the whole entire handle.  This hair-line continues through the wings and around the entire blade (I can post other pics later.  Need to take more).  Very conspicuous if you ask me.  I had hoped to get an actual Dicon.  The blade seems to hit just fine, and has a very nice resonance to it, but I just think it is a shame if these have been passed off and sold as authentic 5-ply Dicons, if in fact they are not and are in fact "seconds" from Woodhouse AB/Donic.   
(I'm not sure if it diminishes the value of the blade for collectors, or improves it, for the novelty of having a 6-ply Dicon Confused).

Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2013 at 4:09am
bizarre
tabletennis11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tabletennis11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2013 at 4:35am
It looks really like 6 plies. The remaining blades in stock have the same line, so we can not offer you the replacement.  We will contact the factory immediately. Please let us know the order number and we will contact you regarding the replacement/compensation.

king_pong View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote king_pong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2013 at 11:14am
I am interested to learn what the manufacturer will say. As an online retailer, it is important that they supply you with what they advertise in their catalog and what you list on your site.
I highly appreciate tabletennis11's service and will likely continue to support them with purchases in the future.

Edited by king_pong - 11/22/2013 at 11:14am
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2013 at 11:21am
i'm in awe... there are still 37 JO Shape WSC's at tt11

oh the humanity...

forum members are off buying hayabusas and super zlc's while a premium blade is readily available at $60
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2013 at 11:51am

i'm in awe... there are still 37 JO Shape WSC's at tt11

oh the humanity...

forum members are off buying hayabusas and super zlc's while a premium blade is readily available at $60
...damn you...Angry...Embarrassed
I have a W. Off 40 which a "Buddy" helped to pick up for me recently, not too expensive, bear in mind that he cared to spend his precious hours/mins to commute to that shop & picked & later brought it home & shipped it to me.
One thing this blade stands out more than latest & greatest Stigas or Yasakas is that the Quality & Craftsmanship is just superb.
What a surprise.
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2013 at 11:58am
i will add though, that the current batch of wsc jo st's at tt11 do not have the JTTAA stamp (haven't received mine yet but I learned this through pm's)
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2013 at 12:11pm
interesting... stock has risen to 38 

king_pong View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote king_pong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2013 at 4:15pm
theologian, I wanted to ask you how you came to discover this blade and what you like(love) about it. It seems like an underappreciated blade.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic