FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

sunday practice match of me

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
vutiendat1337 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vutiendat1337 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: sunday practice match of me
    Posted: 05/16/2011 at 4:14am
Hi guys

this is me playing with my roommate. he's practically the only guy who i can play with and since our community college doesn't even have a table tennis club, i can only resort to weekend/after school  fun matches without any real improvent or training. i know there are a couple of facilities in seattle area, it's just really far. Youtube and ittv are my coaches.

I will also ask for feedback of you guys, i hope for constructive feedback and pointers and dont worry, im very much aware of my low level of play so dont be hating on me.

Watching myself, I can tell that i have no footwork whatsoever, i just don't move at all and it reflects on the quality of my strokes and quality of play in general and a lot of other things which I'd like to let you guys to point out. Go ahead and evalute both of us, me (grey tshirt) and Jimmy (black tshirt).

Thanks

bty petr korbel st
fh: donic bluefire red
bh: dawei iqul black
USATT:1811
Feedback me
Sponsored Links

APW46 View Drop Down
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APW46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/16/2011 at 4:21am
You are not going to get much feedback, when I tried to watch, all i got (for both clips) was 'this video is private'
The Older I get, The better I was.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vutiendat1337 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/16/2011 at 4:28am
Originally posted by APW46 APW46 wrote:

You are not going to get much feedback, when I tried to watch, all i got (for both clips) was 'this video is private'

Im sorry, my bad. I changed the options. You should be able to see it now.
bty petr korbel st
Feedback me
tomkat22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomkat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/17/2011 at 4:40am
Actually I'd say the weakest part of you'alls game is service return,especially your friend.Your forehand push is kinda weak,you might want to work on that as well.
smackman View Drop Down
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smackman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/17/2011 at 8:40pm
Hi , just some notes about your game
 do alot more regular training with your partner so you can both improve topspi to topspin and push to push etc, then evolve to practicing service returns and third ball attacks.
 At the moment you both have pro looking serves and then nothing or what should I do know, where it should be Im going to serve short to his backhand and if he pushes, more than the half way point Im going to loop over to that corner (ie Think about doing something after you serve) or serve for a reason that may create something expected
 But mainly practice for a reason 
 cheers
Ulmo Duality,Donic BlueGrip C2 red max ,Yinhe Super Kim Ox Black
NZ table tennis selector, third in the World (plate Doubles)I'm Listed on the ITTF website
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vutiendat1337 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/18/2011 at 12:16am
@fatt: Hi fatt, I wish we did but I think you most likely play at the WTTC in bellevue. I usually play only at my school with my friends and occasionally in chinatown. Maybe we can meet in the future?

@tomkatt22 and smackman

thank you both for your responses, i really appreciate it. after reading those feedbacks, i watched the match again and you are both right. Neither of us has any sort of a plan, it's just based on service and if the other one manages to return it, we will see what to do.
 As for the serves and returns, the thing is that we can only play with each other and we are on the same level and there is actually not so many room for "skill improvement" and we just both tried to work only on our serves which has a double-edged effect - we can't receive each other's serves nor we understand the spin of our own serves. Well, im thinking of stop playing games altogether and just practice constant counterdrives and topspins, hopefully it will lead to some results. Thanks again, guys.
bty petr korbel st
Feedback me
konnichwakid1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote konnichwakid1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/18/2011 at 2:01am
I have been practicing with a 2500 player and I am 2100+, so you can take this or leave it. I didn't watch more than 3 minutes of the first video, but the game style is at a low level. With out playing better players you will have a hard time improving. 

You guys need to drill. Drill, drill, drill. You aren't physically pushing yourselves in the game and you need to create drills that do that. Falconberg (sp?) drills for footwork. Don't worry about looping just get those feet going. 3 ball attack drills - where you serve chop and he pushes wide to your forehand and you step over and loop it. Drills with all backhands that engage the legs on one guy and the other guy just blocks. 

The list goes on for drills. Find as many drills as you can. Find drills that you can keep alive for more than 20 shots. Get a good sweat going. If you guys can grasp the need to really get physical with the sport then you will play better.

By the way, your serves look good. Don't forget to drill those too. One guy serves the other flips or loops and repeat.  

Jun Mizutani with Tenergies
Vassily View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vassily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/18/2011 at 2:25am
Or play games where you only serve short backspin.
Nittaku Acoustic FL    T05    Acuda S2 2.0mm
tpgh2k View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tpgh2k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/18/2011 at 3:29am
i'm going to have to agree with konnich. you guys need to work on footwork  (i do too). your feet aren't set right when making most of your shots. this makes you off balance for the next shot (if the ball goes over).

it's nice to see more viet ppl play =).
www.youtube.com/gsutabletennis
Timo Boll Spirit FL
H3 Blue Sponge Black FH
Tenergy 64 Red BH

ZJKandMLfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZJKandMLfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/18/2011 at 10:13am
ur at a stage right now where you need to practice drills to improve.  you don't need the really tough kinds just basic practice drills like forehand counter to forehand counter.

Everybody should have one thing their really good at whether it's their loop kill, their block or w.e.  Work towards developing that
Blade: Photino
FH: Donic Acuda S1, MAX
BH: Tenergy 64, MAX
bonggoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bonggoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/18/2011 at 11:49am
I don't think anyone mentioned your footwork. So do more drills.

Try the 3 basic footwork drill in this video. Do this for a month. If you do it properly, you will actually see results after the first week.

dragon kid View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dragon kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/18/2011 at 12:04pm
vutiendat,
try to practice drills before playing games. when I started out, one of my clubmates will have me drill my FH and BH for an hour at least before allowing me to play games.. If you want to improve your technique this is a must do.. Another fast track to getting your technique right is doing multi ball..
When you play games try to keep the game going rather than trying too hard to hit big  winners and missed many shots, when actually you can put the ball back on the table with 'safer' options . The longer the games go, your touch will get better and better..

Also like some guys have mentioned before me, you and your friend need to try to find better players to practice with / against. Watching or practicing with better players will help your game a lot..
655H3PClassicAcudaS1
'Nobody is Perfect. I am Nobody'
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic