Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Off Day and tournament preparation

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
bonggoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bonggoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Off Day and tournament preparation
    Posted: 05/24/2011 at 12:02pm
A little background on my training plan. I am on the last week of my two month training culminating to a big tournament this weekend. I started with high percentage of footwork and stroke drills then gradually shifted matches the last couple of weeks. I simulate tournament environment as much as possible when I am playing matches. Very little warm up before starting a game.

On to my point.

I had one of those off days last night. Although I only lost one match the whole night to someone 3-2 (Deuce in the 5th). Backhand loop is off. Missed a lot of them and consequently, tried to guide my shots instead of letting it go. Forehand loops doesn't have the same power as I normally have. Muscles felt tight. I know I felt fatigued even before we started. I did multi ball training the day before for two hours. This is probably a bad idea.

Tonight is our regular league night. I don't normally have enough competition there so I usually skip it. However, I was planning to play tonight so I can get in a good competition mind set.

With the fatigue setting in, will it be wiser to just rest tonight and then play tomorrow night where there will be tougher opponents?

My original plan was to go hard tonight like I did last night and then go easy tomorrow night. A fun night so to speak. I won't play Thursday and Friday at all. That will, hopefully keep me fresh for Saturday's tournament?

Thoughts?
Sponsored Links

DeIgado View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeIgado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/24/2011 at 12:16pm
If you don't mind me asking, what is your level of play?
Viscaria 86g T05 T05-fx
2059 and rising
bonggoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bonggoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/24/2011 at 2:12pm
Originally posted by DeIgado DeIgado wrote:

If you don't mind me asking, what is your level of play?

I am not being defensive, but why does my level of play matters?

Fruit loop View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fruit loop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/24/2011 at 2:19pm
i'd play thursday and take just friday off. good luck for your tournament
Timo Boll Spirit FL
Dr Evil ox both sides.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic