FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

One set with my training partner

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
stefashka View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stefashka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: One set with my training partner
    Posted: 06/27/2011 at 11:53am
Here is a video of me playing against my training partner, we both play with LPs on one side and inverted on other, the difference is that his playing style is somehow close to Pushblocker's style with attacks from the FH side and he's using OX LPs (Kokutaku 911) and I'm using a Cpen twiddling and playing RPB with both rubbers.

I'm not sure whether this video gives a good picture of my game, but anyway - any comments are welcome. Smile

Darker 7P-2A CP - Dignics 09c, TSP Curl P3α
Sponsored Links

stefashka View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stefashka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/28/2011 at 2:44am
Bump. Is the game looking so weird/weak so nobody cares to leave a comment? Cry

I know the game looks strange - mostly because we play each other for quite a long time and know how to keep each other away from good shots. It looks very different when we practicing/drilling... 

Edited by stefashka - 06/28/2011 at 2:45am
qynthnghm View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qynthnghm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/28/2011 at 6:09am
Nice video stefashka. So it seems like the Tin Arc is working out for you, even for RPB? It seems your RPB stroke is more of a hit than a loop. Indeed you two sure know each others game very well, all of the rallies are controlled and more about placement and spin deception. Tongue

I was thinking of putting LP OX on my backhand too, but I will rarely hit with it. Just for the occasional pushing and blocking. Do you know of any cheap LP OX for me?
APW46 View Drop Down
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APW46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/28/2011 at 6:31am
You might play better with an orange ball, those white walls must make seeing things hard.
The Older I get, The better I was.
stefashka View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stefashka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/28/2011 at 9:54am
Originally posted by qynthnghm qynthnghm wrote:

Nice video stefashka. So it seems like the Tin Arc is working out for you, even for RPB? It seems your RPB stroke is more of a hit than a loop.

Thanks Embarrassed  Actually, I have different RPB strokes, but it seems that hitting is used more often because it's more safe (at least yet) when mixing inverted and pips. I trying to extract more loops from myself when the inverted is on the reverse side, but it seems that I should work on my footwork and relaxing more.

Originally posted by qynthnghm qynthnghm wrote:

I was thinking of putting LP OX on my backhand too, but I will rarely hit with it. Just for the occasional pushing and blocking. Do you know of any cheap LP OX for me?

I guess, it's either Palio CK531A (about $4 at TTNPP)  or Pogo ($8 from ZeroPong). These two are very good allround LPs and adding them to the backside would not add much weight but will add airflow for the back fingers and more variations to your game (e.g. attacking backspin sent to your BH or occasional chopping with LPs can be really surprising to your opponent) Smile
stefashka View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stefashka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/28/2011 at 9:57am
Originally posted by APW46 APW46 wrote:

You might play better with an orange ball, those white walls must make seeing things hard.

I tend to agree. We actually have yellow balls, but still use white ones because we are just used to them, leaving yellow for practicing on the robot.
bonggoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bonggoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/28/2011 at 10:13am
Originally posted by APW46 APW46 wrote:

Yeah, lets blame the walls. :D
stefashka View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stefashka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/06/2011 at 9:31am
OK, here is an update. I switched to short pips couple of weeks ago with some twiddling, so here are new sets with different buddies:

One is with the bud from the original post, he changed his BH to SPs too, so now he plays more active:

Another one is with a friend who used to play on a very good level when he was young:

Does it look any less like Paralympics now? Smile

BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/06/2011 at 10:38am
Your barley and rice appears to be very good over there, even better than Southern Germans.I cannot see the ball in this vid to save my life.
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
stefashka View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stefashka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/10/2011 at 8:29am
OK, here's an update with orange balls Smile  But they don't appear more visible for some reason. I'm wondering whether it's the camera or the speed...

Edited by stefashka - 11/10/2011 at 8:29am
tpgh2k View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tpgh2k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/10/2011 at 9:00am
it's the lighting that's making it so that the balls don't show up. exposure is too high. consider adjusting your white balance and exposure levels.
www.youtube.com/gsutabletennis
Timo Boll Spirit FL
H3 Blue Sponge Black FH
Tenergy 64 Red BH

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic