FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Left Hand Posture

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Cynicyclonian View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cynicyclonian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Left Hand Posture
    Posted: 07/10/2011 at 9:16pm
Recently, after playing a while, then resting, I would notice that my left arm looks kinda limpy, and have to manually correct it. (stays in that posture I guess)  I notice that Chinese have a very strict posture.  Personally, I just go with whatever is comfy.  But I wonder, if it makes difference in how you look or play.  

+, I also notice that my elbow and shoulder on left hand ache, even though I don't use 'em, possibly due to bad posture?  

Off-topic:
On Right hand, my wrist aches.

This added to my low-back injury, would this sum up common injuries to expect from Table Tennis exhaustion?

Thanks you
Joola MC1
Tenergy 64
Sponsored Links

AnthonyTT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnthonyTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/11/2011 at 5:21pm
Only thing I can help you with is my wrist would KILL after playing with my modified Seemiller grip with the index and thumb on the back. Because I had a weird grip, For some reason I would press so hard on my paddle with my index and thumb on the back that my sheet of Long pimples on my backhand would crinkle up and I had to re-glue it. MANY of time my wrist would absolutely kill to the point where I gotta say enough is enough and leave training. In conclusion, wrist injuries are usually caused by an unnecessary tight grip. The best players in the world have the lightest grip on the paddle which allows great wrist snap. And no, the wrist snap won't cause wrist injuries unless your using it like Indiana Jones without any control. Loosen the grip. Its a NASTY habit that I still have and am currently getting over... good luck !
Cynicyclonian View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cynicyclonian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/21/2011 at 4:03am
Also, what exercises should I do to even up my arm strengths?
Joola MC1
Tenergy 64
jessica080 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jessica080 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/21/2019 at 6:28am
Exercise is the best way to have a good posture. The exercise will improve the growth of your muscle, bone, and other parts of your hand. Never carry heavy weights on your left or right hand. Consult a doctor for more advice.

Edited by jessica080 - 05/07/2019 at 5:28am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic