Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

My Backhand Loop

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
lovepp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovepp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My Backhand Loop
    Posted: 07/11/2011 at 8:24pm
Sponsored Links

tpgh2k View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tpgh2k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/11/2011 at 8:27pm
very nice! it's a great way to work on timing! later on, just try to shorten up the swing when the pace starts to speed up. but so far so good! keep it up!
www.youtube.com/gsutabletennis
Timo Boll Spirit FL
H3 Blue Sponge Black FH
Tenergy 64 Red BH

cls2222 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cls2222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/11/2011 at 8:37pm
You have good form so far and your movement is relaxed, but you're getting ready for the shots too early and contacting the ball a little too early because of that. Try backing off the table 1 foot and starting the backswing as soon as the ball is hit towards you. Try to vary the timing as well: loop one ball early, loop another ball off the top of the bounce, loop a ball when it's falling. Move for every ball, even if it is off 1 cm, so you can get used to moving and while performing a stroke.

Regarding your backhand stroke, you have good contact, but the stroke is very long. Your stroke would be great for playing far away from the table like Kreanga or Kishikawa, but for close to the table play, you're going to be forced to play a shorter stroke most of the time as you won't have enough time for the backswing you are doing. Many of the best players in modern day table tennis have very compact and "snappy" backhands, even the Europeans (Zhang Jike, Ovtcharov, Maze, Boll, Ma Long, etc.). Try adjusting your stroke to use more wrist and forearm rather than the shoulder and you will be able to use your backhand closer to the table much more easily during matches. You are still young so you can change your stroke quickly so you should get to it right away.
Korbel
Stiga Boost TX   

mcam9-15 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcam9-15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/01/2011 at 5:21pm

Good backhand stroke

TheRobot99 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheRobot99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/01/2011 at 5:32pm
Your form is quite good. Just follow the above advice for more use in a game.
Ross Leidy Custom, DHS Hurricane III Neos, Nittaku Nodias

Xiom Fuga, Globe 999 National 39, Nittaku Nodias

JOOLA Torre All+, DHS Hurricane II #19 Sponge, Galaxy Moon 38

PTTC VP - 2011-12
TheRobot99 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheRobot99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/01/2011 at 7:36pm
I'm curious as to what you're using as well.
Ross Leidy Custom, DHS Hurricane III Neos, Nittaku Nodias

Xiom Fuga, Globe 999 National 39, Nittaku Nodias

JOOLA Torre All+, DHS Hurricane II #19 Sponge, Galaxy Moon 38

PTTC VP - 2011-12
idk View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote idk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/01/2011 at 7:39pm
he uses a Donic burn off with fastarc g1 both sides
pnachtwey View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pnachtwey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/01/2011 at 9:05pm
I like the way you switch from FH to BH.   It is too easy to get into a groove when hitting the same ball over and over again. It isn't realistic.   Switching between FH and BH as you do is much more realistic.   If the ball must come to the same place I alternate between top spin and chop.
gatorling View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gatorling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/02/2011 at 12:02pm
only advice is that you're switching your stance a lot between doing a FH loop and BH loop. I'd prefer to always keep my right foot slightly behind my left foot, even when doing a BH. It may give you a little more power in the BH but it makes the preparation for the following FH shot take a tiny bit longer.

The big early preparation is perfect for training purposes. I think shortening your strokes is something you begin to concentrate on after you've mastered the basics. (which I guess is about the 2000 lvl).

lovepp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovepp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/02/2011 at 6:22pm
I don't change grip between fh and bh. I play with Mizutani Jun blade, Fh grip S . Bh Mendo rubber

Edited by lovepp - 08/02/2011 at 6:27pm
mcam9-15 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcam9-15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/23/2011 at 2:47pm
if you use softer backhand rubber. I think it will help your back hand stroke.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic