Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

And how about my forehand techinque

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ttrastott View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttrastott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: And how about my forehand techinque
    Posted: 07/28/2011 at 4:38pm
Its a very short video of me playing forehand topspin but just have a look on the technique and tell me what you think I didnt play killer topspins just wanted to keep it on the table I concentrate more on my consistency and technique than hitting hard thx

Donic Waldner Senso Carbon
FH Tibhar Genius Sound MAX
BH Tibhar Genius Sound MAX
Sponsored Links

ninglei23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ninglei23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/29/2011 at 7:31am
you play like timo boll haha
Yinhe V-14
FH:Xiom Vega Pro
BH:Donic Baracuda
ttrastott View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttrastott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/29/2011 at 7:53am
Originally posted by ninglei23 ninglei23 wrote:

hehe i wish thx anyway 
dici View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dici Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/29/2011 at 2:22pm

The way you hit, it still looks like a hard hitting, instead of practicing the drill for more controlling. You can see in the video, you apply more force right before the contact before the blade and ball. 

What you can do is make the whole movement more smoother, like don't accelerate your arm and wrist movement at all. If you want to practice for more consistency instead of hard hitting

racquetsforsale View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote racquetsforsale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/29/2011 at 2:41pm
I think the snap/acceleration is necessary to hit a good loop, to generate sufficient blade speed to grip the ball with the rubber to create a good arc and a good amount of topspin. The snap from the elbow and a bit of wrist is needed especially if he keeps his arm bent like that. Using the shoulder alone is not an efficient way of transferring power to generate blade speed.
The swing looks fine.

Edited by racquetsforsale - 07/29/2011 at 2:42pm
TheRobot99 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheRobot99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/29/2011 at 3:21pm
It may just be me, but I don't see much leg action.
Ross Leidy Custom, DHS Hurricane III Neos, Nittaku Nodias

Xiom Fuga, Globe 999 National 39, Nittaku Nodias

JOOLA Torre All+, DHS Hurricane II #19 Sponge, Galaxy Moon 38

PTTC VP - 2011-12
ttrastott View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttrastott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/29/2011 at 4:39pm
Originally posted by TheRobot99 TheRobot99 wrote:

It may just be me, but I don't see much leg action.
yeah you're right What i noticed (not in this video) is that when i keep thinking of being on my tiptoes its so much easier to be in a continuous movement then just being stuck in the same spot The only problem is hehe... that i keep forgeting about being on tiptoes after couple of minutes and go back to my lazy way of playing he
ttrastott View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttrastott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/29/2011 at 4:40pm
btw thx for comments 
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/29/2011 at 6:50pm

very nice. You get more power from arm and rotation and not so much from your leg. If you just add more use of your leg and leave everything else I think you would be even better. But very nice regardless. :)

mikepong View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikepong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/29/2011 at 7:30pm
same observation as others, use those legs, otherwise nice strokes, like timo boll in his instructional videosSmile and he use his wrist to add topspin

Edited by mikepong - 07/29/2011 at 7:36pm
roundrobin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roundrobin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/29/2011 at 7:39pm
Very nice, but you'll need to rotate your waist a bit more.  Watch Wang Liqin and Ma Long if you could:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5hszYsRUhA

Waist rotation is crucial even if you don't plan to hit as hard as they do... The reason is if you do that automatically even for control loops, then your weight transfer movements and footwork will become more efficient and naturally flowing, when your game's pace and power eventually increase.  Smile

tpgh2k View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tpgh2k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/29/2011 at 11:51pm
you're using soft tensors aren't you? i would focus more effort on spinning up upon the moment of impact with the rubber. just be careful with your follow through. racket facing down at the end of the motion can be a potential problem.

but you're better than me so take this with a grain of salt =)
www.youtube.com/gsutabletennis
Timo Boll Spirit FL
H3 Blue Sponge Black FH
Tenergy 64 Red BH

Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2011 at 12:12am
Originally posted by roundrobin roundrobin wrote:

Very nice, but you'll need to rotate your waist a bit more. 

What is the use of rotating the waist without rotating the shoulders?!

ttrastott can be proud of what he has achieved.

Edited by Imago - 07/30/2011 at 12:15am
Vladovich View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vladovich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2011 at 4:58am
Originally posted by ninglei23 ninglei23 wrote:

+1 

I thought that it was Timo Boll on the video at the beginning LOL
Tibhar Defense Plus

FH: Joola Phenix

BH: Dr. Neubauer Bison 1.5mm

"The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities, some consider to be…unnatural."
Ashes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ashes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2011 at 6:50am
Your shots look pretty neat, however I noticed that you are tilting at the waist (side to side movement). That should not happen, your upper body should be as stable as possible with regard to tilting. Check out Timo, he's not tilting at all http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqQjmiJnAhY
Tilting side to side or bending back and forth changes your bat angle and therefore you lose control and consistency.  Twisting does not alter bat angle. I'm not sure I am making myself clear.

Your head must also be steady so you can watch the ball, because when you rise your head, you can't tell if the ball is going down or you just raised your eye level.

Blade: YEO FH: H3P BH: Pryde 40
ttrastott View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttrastott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2011 at 7:56am
OK guys I was looking for a timo boll forehand loop and look what i found That looks amazing Watch it from 2:26 in the background 

Edited by ttrastott - 07/30/2011 at 7:56am
seguso View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seguso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/24/2012 at 9:47am
very timo-boll like forehand :)

your fh swing is more compact than the bh swing, unusual :)
pg5x - mxd fh & bh - 2015 video
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic