Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

[Videos] My tournament videos

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
duchoangle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duchoangle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: [Videos] My tournament videos
    Posted: 11/02/2011 at 3:05am
Here are some of my videos at a recent university tournament, just thought I'd like to share. Any suggestions or comments are welcome. I'm the guy in the orange shirt.

Final - vs. a looper (USATT 1900)

Semifinal - vs. a chopper (USATT 1550)

Quarterfinal - vs. a blocker (no rating)

Cheers!

Edited by duchoangle - 11/02/2011 at 3:06am
Donic Epox Offensiv - Tenergy 05-FX 2.1mm (BH) - Tenergy 80 2.1mm (FH) | USATT: 1831
My Videos
Sponsored Links

vutiendat1337 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vutiendat1337 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/02/2011 at 4:24am
Chao Duc :) Nice match, man!! I wish I could play you again! I have improved :P Is that a Phi Theta Kappa tshirt?:) i actually joined our local chapter just recently, haha
bty petr korbel st
fh: donic bluefire red
bh: dawei iqul black
USATT:1811
Feedback me
the_theologian View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/02/2011 at 5:26am
duchoangle,
good work! thanks for sharing
Appelgren Allplay ST / Vega Europe max
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/02/2011 at 5:28am
oh and since you said comments are welcome.... why the heck are you playing in jeans? lol

actually I do have a sincere question about the W-1. how would you rate the flex of that blade? I tried one briefly once and noticed considerable flex.
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/02/2011 at 5:38am
ok one more thing.... a 15 dollar targus tripod would be a great upgrade for recording your games (that is, if the camera can receive it)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duchoangle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/02/2011 at 11:40am
@Dat: Cool, I'll probably come back to Seattle next summer, we'll definitely hit then. And this shirt is not mine; I just borrowed it from a friend lol

@theologian: Playing in jeans is warm and comfy, why not? Big smile I don't usually care too much about equipment, whatever fits me well will work; the W-1 is a charm to loop with.
Donic Epox Offensiv - Tenergy 05-FX 2.1mm (BH) - Tenergy 80 2.1mm (FH) | USATT: 1831
My Videos
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/02/2011 at 11:44am
Originally posted by duchoangle duchoangle wrote:

@theologian: Playing in jeans is warm and comfy, why not? Big smile I don't usually care too much about equipment, whatever fits me well will work; the W-1 is a charm to loop with.

Indeed, W-1 is a very good looping blade taking into account it's an OFF blade which was not really designed in looping in mind. It is great in flat game too, so flex is not as superb as with the thinner blades but still I feel like it's the right combination of flex and speed. Similar to JM but better balance in my opinion.
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
delfam View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote delfam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/02/2011 at 1:35pm
JMHO but I feel like you still good get a wider stance and get lower.
AcudaDave View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AcudaDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/02/2011 at 3:39pm
in the 1st match vs the 1900 looper you were hitting many balls too hard.  Try to hit the ball a little less and spin the ball more.  You also looked like you were rushing your shots many times.  When you relaxed a bit and didn't rush or hit your shots too hard you played much better.  Your opponent also looked like his BH was pretty strong against your loops, while his fh was much weaker at blocking them so I would try moving your loops around a little more.  Loop to the middle sometimes and also to his fh.  The main thing though is I would relax a bit more and spin the ball more as you played very well when you did that.
Good luck.
Joola Zhou Qihao 90 blade
Joola Dynaryz Inferno max - BH
Nittaku Moristo SP 2.0 - FH
popperlocker View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote popperlocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/02/2011 at 3:52pm
In the 1st match, you started a little rusty, but you found your loop and took control. Your game is very impressive. You move and swing very gracefully. You should work on service return, which appears to be your weakest attribute. 
AcudaDave View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AcudaDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/02/2011 at 4:34pm
I agree with popper...work on your service returns as they appear to be a little weak.  You also won most of the points you looped out wide to his fh so don't just keep looping to the bh side.
Joola Zhou Qihao 90 blade
Joola Dynaryz Inferno max - BH
Nittaku Moristo SP 2.0 - FH
BeaverMD View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeaverMD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/02/2011 at 5:01pm
The tables suck... but you have a nice game.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duchoangle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/02/2011 at 11:36pm
Thanks guys,

Actually my strategy from the start was to loop soft to his BH and loop kill to his FH because he can counterloop weak balls pretty easily. It actually worked out quite well.

And yes my service receive sucks, especially on the FH side.
My Videos
mikepong View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikepong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/2011 at 7:29pm
nice game, practice on service returns and push it tends to pop up and can be attacked but other than that you're game is well played
Viscaria

FH: Tenergy 05 black

BH: Tenergy 05 red

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic