Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Bouncy Rubbers?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
A Touch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Touch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bouncy Rubbers?
    Posted: 12/22/2011 at 3:39pm
Hey guys, I need to know how bounciness affects my game. I own Tenergy 05 at the moment, and I'm looking for a faster rubber. Therefore more bouncy. Some people say bouncy isn't good, I need to know how this will affect my bats performance and my performance. Does the affect the trajectory? Or something else. I need your advice. 
Blades: Donic Epox Carbotec AN 78g/ Jonyer Hinoki FL 72g
Rubbers: FH Tenergy 05 Red 2.1mm/Sriver EL 1.8mm
               BH Tenergy 05 Black 2.1mm/Sriver FX 1.5mm  
Sponsored Links

iliketurtles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iliketurtles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/22/2011 at 3:58pm
Andro hexer hd is fast!

But I can't compare it to tenergy.
1-Ply AH NWC - Butterfly Spin Art - Juic 999 Turbo
Tube Carbo - Andro Hexer HD - Donic Acuda S1 Turbo
Just waiting for the 999 Turbo...
A Touch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Touch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/22/2011 at 4:04pm
Originally posted by iliketurtles iliketurtles wrote:

Andro hexer hd is fast!

But I can't compare it to tenergy.

Stop the trolling, I'm looking for the characteristics for a bouncy rubber, you spastic.
lildudejds View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lildudejds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/22/2011 at 4:09pm
Rubber being very bouncy will be tougher to control in the short game. Pushes won't be kept short as easily, same with serves.

Honestly, I don't see why anyone would want a rubber than is much faster than Tenergy 05. Don't you worry you'd lose crucial control?
Nexy Hannibal
Tenergy 05
Tenergy 05 FX
A Touch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Touch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/22/2011 at 4:14pm
Are bouncy rubbers better in mid-distance? And is Tenergy 64 and Bryce Speed FX considered very bouncy or just normal bouncy? The problem I have with T05 hardly anything to do with the speed, possibly only 5%.
A Touch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Touch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/22/2011 at 4:19pm
Also, will a very dwelly blade sort out this problem of bounciness such as TB ZLF ?
LGL_fan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LGL_fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/22/2011 at 4:21pm
Originally posted by lildudejds lildudejds wrote:

Rubber being very bouncy will be tougher to control in the short game. Pushes won't be kept short as easily, same with serves.

Honestly, I don't see why anyone would want a rubber than is much faster than Tenergy 05. Don't you worry you'd lose crucial control?

HexerHD is faster than T05 but has better short game control because its sponge doesn't engage till you hit hard. So its faster at medium and high speeds, but not bouncy at low speed. It's easy to keep serves short with HexerHD, unlike T05. So easy to make backspin serves return to you.
LGL_fan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LGL_fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/22/2011 at 4:22pm
Originally posted by A Touch A Touch wrote:

Also, will a very dwelly blade sort out this problem of bounciness such as TB ZLF ?

TB ZLF is fast as hell, almost as fast as a TBS. A slower 5-ply wood is better for such a fast rubber.
Cho! View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cho! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/22/2011 at 4:26pm

Are bouncy rubbers better in mid-distance? And is Tenergy 64 and Bryce Speed FX considered very bouncy or just normal bouncy? The problem I have with T05 hardly anything to do with the speed, possibly only 5%.
I completely understand. I'm in the middle of switching away from t05 for the same reason. I love T05's speed behind the table, but as a Jpen player, I found T05's catapult to be sort of hard to control over the table. My backhand pushes would just keep going and going, past the table. Now though, I'm starting to realize that it's probably not completely t05's fault, and I just need to practice that more.
Jpen: Senkoh-1 w. Xiom Vega Pro
SH: Expert All+ w. TG3 Neo & Illumina
A Touch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Touch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/22/2011 at 4:33pm
Does Tenergy 64 count as an ultra bouncy rubber?
LGL_fan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LGL_fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/22/2011 at 4:34pm
Originally posted by Cho! Cho! wrote:

I completely understand. I'm in the middle of switching away from t05 for the same reason. I love T05's speed behind the table, but as a Jpen player, I found T05's catapult to be sort of hard to control over the table. My backhand pushes would just keep going and going, past the table. Now though, I'm starting to realize that it's probably not completely t05's fault, and I just need to practice that more.

I've had this problem too, but the solution I found was just to modify my traditional penhold backhand to hit with more topspin. You can produce a surprising amount of topspin with the traditional backhand. Gives wonderful arch with a low bounce that seems to jump forward at opponents. Use the backhand to set up your forehand rather than win points outright. You'll still win points outright but this is the best strategy for me since my forehand is so powerful you can't even see the ball.
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/22/2011 at 9:47pm
adidas p3, tenzone sf, tenzone
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
A Touch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Touch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/23/2011 at 4:58am
I'm not looking for bouncy rubbers, I'm looking for the effects of bouncy rubbers. Please read before you post.
tremil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tremil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/23/2011 at 7:22am
The bouciest rubber there is, is probably the calibra series, omg thats bouncy

The effect with bouncy rubbers is that it is much harder to control soft shots, as in the short games, drop shots. You cannot top spin with high toss with bouncy rubbers, dwell blades don't make it better. The plus side is that you get a rubber that is a lot easier to block with, and easier to play long topspin rallies with

just my oponion
Blade: STIGA Rosewood VII
BH:Dinic Baracuda
FH: Hurricane 3, boosted offcours 3:)
Speedplay View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedplay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/23/2011 at 8:17am

Hey guys, I need to know how bounciness affects my game. I own Tenergy 05 at the moment, and I'm looking for a faster rubber. Therefore more bouncy. Some people say bouncy isn't good, I need to know how this will affect my bats performance and my performance. Does the affect the trajectory? Or something else. I need your advice. 

First of all, the way I see it bounciness and speed aren't really related. A bouncy rubber is, according to me, a rubber that provides additional speed to the effort you make. How ever, this don't affect the top speed, it just makes it easier to reach the top speed of your rubber.

T05 isn't bouncy, but rather dead. Despite this, it's still a pretty fast rubber, but you have to provide all the speed your self. Compare it to Andro Roxon 330, which is a bouncy rubber, and you will find that T05 have a higher top speed, but Roxon is a lot bouncier, which affects the control in the short game.
The holy grail
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/23/2011 at 11:00am
Originally posted by tremil tremil wrote:

The effect with bouncy rubbers is that it is much harder to control soft shots, as in the short games, drop shots. You cannot top spin with high toss with bouncy rubbers, dwell blades don't make it better. The plus side is that you get a rubber that is a lot easier to block with, and easier to play long topspin rallies with

just my oponion

Haha, Nexy just gave me a sheet of Red Calibra LT to try out. I hated Calibra with a passion on the Sparticus, but I had a quick hit with the bat of an Iceland national team member who is in our KFTTC and really liked Calibra on ALC.

I slapped it on my TBS and wow, it rocked. Loop to loop was every bit as fun and power/spinny as T05, but FASTER and lower throw. My counterlooping with T05 was destructive with the "Kick" provided by the rubber and some from the blade. My counterlooping with Calibra is downright raw power with a lot of spin. (Nothing spins in counterlooping like T05 though) Some of the div 3 players see me counterlooping closer to the table and try to take cover. They never did that when I had T05 on FH.

As for bounciness, it seems only slightly above average there. The bouncy rubbers seem to be the ones where the topsheet is stretched, either from factory or way bak when we were in twilight zone of glue ban. I tried EE II on a Sriver FX and the rubber changed from being kinda mushy/dead to VERY BOUNCY.

I agree that term BOUNCY is the ball coming off the rubber too soon, NOT the velocity. I agree that bouncy rubbers/bat combos (Like the T-7 and ANYTHING with sponge over 35 degrees) are very difficult to control with the short touch pushing underspin. I agree a bouncy rubber will not as a matter of policy be the fastest rubber around. sometimes, a bouncy rubber is easier to control serve receive as hte spin is not affecting the slow return as much. Gambler Outlaw (Original) is a good example of this.

Although a rubber can be more "bouncy" than others, the blade plays a large role in this.

On Sparticus and Calix, Calibra was way to bouncy for my liking. I like Aurus and T05 a LOT on both of these blades. On TBS, Calibra doesn't feel overly bouncy at all.
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/23/2011 at 11:07am
Originally posted by Speedplay Speedplay wrote:

First of all, the way I see it bounciness and speed aren't really related. A bouncy rubber is, according to me, a rubber that provides additional speed to the effort you make. How ever, this don't affect the top speed, it just makes it easier to reach the top speed of your rubber.

T05 isn't bouncy, but rather dead. Despite this, it's still a pretty fast rubber, but you have to provide all the speed your self. Compare it to Andro Roxon 330, which is a bouncy rubber, and you will find that T05 have a higher top speed, but Roxon is a lot bouncier, which affects the control in the short game.

Gotta say "Affirmative, Ghost Rider" to that part about bounciness NOT equalling speed. T05 is not bouncy at all on any of the blades I have tried. it doesn't really feel like it is such a fast rubber at all. it feels more like an OFF control rubber. I never understood all the hype about T05 being a rocket of a rubber. The ball does not leave the blade very quickly at all. One good property of T05 is that you can hit the daylights outta the ball, make the logo paint fly off the ball as it spins like crazy, and still land safely. The top end speed is there when you counter loop at high speed and incoming high speed loop. Those shots are FAST with a Capital F.
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/23/2011 at 11:11am
BTW Speedplay, I haven't seen you posting a lot lately. Missed you a lot. Glad to see you around the forums.

Have you been hard at work deeply focused in training to defeat Der_Echte in a possible future match? He has been talking a LOT of smack on the forums about how he will chew you up, spit you out, then toss your remains into the pond of 10,000 Pirranahs. I wouldn't let that ride without a solid response.
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/23/2011 at 11:15am

Does Tenergy 64 count as an ultra bouncy rubber?

Unless the T64 is on a REALLY stiff OFF++ Carbon blade, then NO, not at all. T64 is often used by J-Penners as a speed monster. A max swing on a RSM beast of a blade with T64 produces a very wicked, fast dipping blast of a shot that leaves a vapor trail. On short shots, it has a lot more control than you would think.
A Touch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Touch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/23/2011 at 11:55am
Originally posted by tremil tremil wrote:

just my oponion

What do you mean by topspin with a high toss? Sorry I'm a newbie =)
Speedplay View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedplay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/23/2011 at 12:09pm
Originally posted by BH-Man BH-Man wrote:

BTW Speedplay, I haven't seen you posting a lot lately. Missed you a lot. Glad to see you around the forums.

Have you been hard at work deeply focused in training to defeat Der_Echte in a possible future match? He has been talking a LOT of smack on the forums about how he will chew you up, spit you out, then toss your remains into the pond of 10,000 Pirranahs. I wouldn't let that ride without a solid response.

You know I don't need to practice to beat Der_Echte

I can imagine him talking smack on the forums, since this is roughly the only forum I visit nowdays. Rob kicked me out from affordable, due to disagrements about his level, which lead to discussions and lies. Haggisv wanted to allow cheaters to share their advices on how to avoid detection, so I left that place. DTTW, don't even remember why I was kicked out of that place... Gee, sounds like I'm a trouble maker The only trouble I will bring is to Der_Echte if we ever face each other at the table
The holy grail
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/23/2011 at 12:24pm
Alright Speedplay, then maybe you were enjoyin' the Cat S M or something, nothing wrong with a nip of that for digestion. Too much of that stuff will surely inflate your perceived result with Der_Echte, who has also been known to pop a MGD at his club before or after some match.
A Touch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Touch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/23/2011 at 4:15pm
need answer
kickass View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kickass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/23/2011 at 4:39pm
roundell is pretty bouncy.
A Touch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Touch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/26/2011 at 3:03pm
Which is more bouncier, Bryce Speed FX or T64? And are they both even considered bouncy?
igorponger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/03/2024 at 1:08pm

You can't tell how bouncy a particular rubber is unless you know resulting numbers in the "dropping ball test". Tenergy spring sponge has been measured at around 43% according to Butterfly factory reports.

Be happy.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic