Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Juniors in South Africa

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ZApenholder View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZApenholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Juniors in South Africa
    Posted: 09/19/2012 at 6:53pm
Continuing from Yogi_bear thread - Table Tennis with a Heart (thought of starting a new thread to put all these link in one thread), http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=28261&PN=2&title=table-tennis-with-a-heart

http://imageshack.us/g/1/9768616/
This is from 18 Sep - club training, with some juniors (2 of them provincial) and 19 Sep - private training, with 4 national juniors (3 went to Dortmund) and 1 provincial 13 year old. As the national champs is 10 days away, so the focus is more around the competing juniors. There was also a tournament in the background.

Popperlocker - how you like my penholder? She is only 13 years old and she didnt want to give back my racket lol. http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/407/dsc07445.jpg/

I have around 170 balls left (from 220 earlier in the year), need to buy more for next year.
Alot more players have ask to train with me. I think I need to teach some of them to feed, otherwise the rotation between the players is going to take long.

I prefer to work with max 2 players at a time, but right now it is around 4 to 8 at a time.... abit tough and not putting enough quality into the players. Any advices?

Edited by ZApenholder - 09/19/2012 at 7:09pm
Sponsored Links

popperlocker View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote popperlocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/20/2012 at 1:58am
WTF LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Even more rare! "SouthAfrican-Female-Penholder!" If you don't have any penhold rackets, how about trimming a shakehand racket?
If you have a large group of kids try this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_ltuaAeusk

Edited by popperlocker - 09/20/2012 at 1:58am
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZApenholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/20/2012 at 3:44am
Thanks Popperlocker

Your youtube video link is a good idea, so everybody is moving, and no one resting Tongue (I don't like those kids resting hehehehe)

regarding trimming of a shakehand racket, one of my practice partners actually said we can do that (apparently he is a decent craftman too)..... how did you know we were discussing it????

popperlocker View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote popperlocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/20/2012 at 5:11pm
Does she have small hands? If she has big hands, would the handle be too thin?
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZApenholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/20/2012 at 5:50pm
Originally posted by popperlocker popperlocker wrote:

Does she have small hands? If she has big hands, would the handle be too thin?

Well, she is still a 13 yr old, and at present - small hands.
Well, I told her she can try out my penhold racket after the nationals. Didn't want her getting use to some other blade/rubbers for "fun" while the tournament is 10 days away.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic