Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

$34 New Viscaria?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LOOPMEISTER View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOOPMEISTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: $34 New Viscaria?
    Posted: 11/05/2012 at 11:58pm
Buy China, a store with a big banner ad at the top of mytabletennis, is selling a shrink wrapped Viscaria or Taksim for $34.52???? If I'm reading that page right, and they are really selling those blades at wholesale price for that cheap, they must be knockoffs. LOL Shameless. Someone should at least tell them Butterfly doesn't shrink wrap their blades. Clap

Sponsored Links

GeneralSpecific View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeneralSpecific Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/06/2012 at 12:01am
Nope they are selling "butterfly king 20060". An obvious fake. I can't believe mytt has a huge banner that links to a site selling fake equipment. I used adblock plus to get rid of it but most people aren't going to do this.
Blade - Xiom 36.5 ALX FL
Forehand - Xiom Omega V Asia 2.0mm
Backhand - Victas Curl P5V with Der Materialspezialist Firestorm Soft/Outkill 1.8mm sponge
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/06/2012 at 12:02am
that guy & his posts/threads should be kicked outta/taken off here....ASAP.
Btw, the handle of that Viscaria looks extra long & skinny.

Edited by tiehwen - 11/06/2012 at 12:04am
jpb View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/06/2012 at 12:07am
buychina is just a taobao agent.
they are intermediaries. at this point complaining that taobao sells fake stuff seems a bit silly.

Edited by jpb - 11/06/2012 at 1:28am
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/06/2012 at 12:58am
I noticed the banner, first at the bottom of the page, now at the top, every other time I open my browser.

now the new member who pays the banner and spams us is bernardgam

I reported alexli about it; and also the mods in our lounge.

kickass View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kickass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/06/2012 at 7:38am
Has anyone tried these imitation blades? Do they play as well as they look?
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/06/2012 at 7:58am

They are faster and thicker than the real Viscaria, most of them have peculiar print on the face, errors, 7 wood plies, etc. In short, self-evidencing fakes. Tulpe 7007 is better if you look for cheap replicas.

bryce_fx23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bryce_fx23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/06/2012 at 8:30am
it is good pirce for a fake viscaria :)
u can buy 3 of then and chose the best one

There is no point to pay 150$ for org viscaria, becouse You recive everytime diferent model
loop+loop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loop+loop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/06/2012 at 8:36am
At least they are truthful about it, I mean price wise. No harm trying. Take it like a custom made.
TurboZ View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TurboZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/06/2012 at 9:26am

I have bought a fake Viscaria from taobao before. They advertised it as grey import from Japan, but the workmanship is obviously Made in China by some unknown basement workers standard. I was new then and only try to grab a bargain. Should know better considering the price difference.

I later bought a genuine from presports and it is way better in looks. Comparing the two, the fake is lighter, has thinner handle and core, but thicker other plys so both come up to the same overall thickness. Blade size is very similar, unlike TB ALC and TBS, which has a much bigger blade face then the real thing.

They don't play and feel the same, but I must say the fake is perfectly fine as a blade on its own. May not have the same power from far table because of the thinner core. I believe China made tons of this, many with Butterly logos and sell as fake, others with custom logos and sell as clone.

assiduous View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assiduous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/06/2012 at 10:49am
I had the exact same experiense buying (consciously) a fake TBS. To be honest build quality is not any worse than the original that I have, only the stamp was crooked.
The fake played VERY differently from the original, and yet it is really a nice blade! My best victory in the club in the last 3 months came using the fake blade, I beat a 1880 player who always beats me easy.
The fake is not as hard and not as fast as TBS but nonetheless there is no vibration and just outstanding control. The ball goes where u want it so easy. Seems just a little bit more flexible than TBS so opening loops are easier. I really don't regret my purchase.
puppy412 : Sorry man, I don't mean to sound disrespectful, but I know that more training will make me better, I don't need to come here to figure that out
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/06/2012 at 10:55am
Looks like the ideal custom TBS to me Tongue
prunescu View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote prunescu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/06/2012 at 12:29pm
i found this site,dhgate.com,with tenergy`s from 37 $ if you buy more (20+) but i think are fake.Anybody bought from them ? just curious....
Egghead View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Egghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/06/2012 at 6:00pm
For $35 shipped, that is not bad. Mr. Big's AC blade costs ~20usd (w/o shipping) at taobao.
Aurora ST: Rhyzm / Talent OX
TurboZ View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TurboZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/06/2012 at 6:12pm
Originally posted by prunescu prunescu wrote:

i found this site,dhgate.com,with tenergy`s from 37 $ if you buy more (20+) but i think are fake.Anybody bought from them ? just curious....
Definitely fake but the best fake out there with red sponge. Play and look nothing like the real thing. Bouncy, fast but no spin. More like $10 or less a piece from taobao exclude shipping. Surprised to see so many happy customers with positive feedback. I think they all thought they had grab a bargain without knowing it is fake as they have no experience of real tenergy to compare.

Edited by TurboZ - 11/06/2012 at 7:47pm
bryce_fx23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bryce_fx23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/07/2012 at 8:04am
what is general diference in blades that are org btf and those fakes?

Wood piles have a diferent ticknes?
Blade head has diferent size?
Do they use in fake blade for example Arylate- carbon fibre or some other, like carbon only?
TurboZ View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TurboZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/07/2012 at 6:50pm
Can't say there is any general difference between fakes and real as there may probably be more than a dozen underground factories making them. All I can say is that they can't make an exact duplicate that can fool any experience player. One thing I found so far is that they do have matching overall blade thickness and material used by looking at the side.

As for Viscaria you can easily tell fakes from real by checking the handle. You can't see clearly the 5th grey layer from above where you place your thumb.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic