Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My video, Help me advices!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
dvdbka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dvdbka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My video, Help me advices!
    Posted: 03/16/2013 at 11:46am
This is my video when i play with my partner in my club. Please help me advices! thanks very much!

when playback video I found some mistakes:
- Miss the ball because poor footwork and big backswing
- Forehand push and backhand push is no good
- Muscle is not relax
- Services is no good
Please show me more and how to fix! thanks!
Sponsored Links

jrscatman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jrscatman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2013 at 12:14pm
I'm assuming you are the person with shoes.
My suggestion is to play at around 70% - you appear to be going for too much. Play for more consistency rather than winners. 
Does the guy without shoes move around a lot? I'm thinking the fancy shoes are not good for me - don't think I would go barefoot - but it is interesting to see some one playing without shoes!
Butterfly MPS
FH: Donic Acuda S1
BH: Palio CK531A OX
dvdbka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dvdbka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2013 at 12:26pm
I forgot, I'm the young man in video with shoes!
TopSpinNinja View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TopSpinNinja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2013 at 1:05pm
You miss the timing to hit the ball

Work on footwork and try to stay 1/2 meter back this will give you more time

Do multi balls to practise it

easy serve- try to give him short services ,again multi ball services

To relax muscles there is 1 simple exercise ,ask someone to give you 20-30 very high( baloon balls) and smash them with all power that you have  no matter you hit the table or not

good luck
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/20/2013 at 10:54am
1) You play an overly complicated game against choppers, your complicated game tends to confuse you more than the opponent. Tactical tips for you: Loop short and spinny to the FH once in a while, it gives choppers nightmares to control it, if they pop it short and high you can just finish it to their deep BH. Finish juicy balls using a sidespin FH to their extreme FH side, it often doesn't come back, even if it does just redirect the ball to their deep BH. Loop to their middle to move them around, don't always loop to their BH. You also need a steady deep loop with good penetration to the BH. 

Don't go into pushing rallies with choppers, they're too good to miss those kind of rallies coz they are choppers after all :) You should view the push as a tool to move the chopper around, not just to bring the ball back. Every ball should have a purpose to it.

Serves: For me i only do two kinds of serves against choppers, 1) Fast long topspin to their BH to start the rally, 2) reverse serve to their FH side, tends to keep them honest and prevents too much spin variation from their pips. Don't fool around with too many serves because the return is going to be really confusing due to the pips (especially if you serve with a lot of sidespin and they use their pips to return it)

2) You're hitting too much and spinning too little, that is why you miss a lot of your FHs, the more spin on your FH the easier it is to create a stable arc, your arc is way too flat. Focus more on spin, use your legs to push up, otherwise you'll really struggle against underspin like you do now. (now you can see how your practice strokes affect you in games, coz i remember in your practice strokes you don't push up correctly from your right leg)

Watch how ZJK pushes up from his right leg. Study this video seriously. 

-------
Viscaria
FH: Hurricane 8-80
BH: D05

Back to normal shape bats :(
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic