FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

How ESN makes sponge

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
igorponger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/20/2013 at 9:11pm
GOLDEN OIL BEGETS GOLDEN PRICE....

Why all the rubbers that coming out for sale with [size=+4]"national"label are priced so cosmic-high? Insane money at any rate..

I have now got an answer from a fellow of mine, he got it directly from an asian official while in Kazan on his umpiring duty. Curious tail to hear.   

-- All the National rubber versions are supposed to be soaked at factory stage with a natural oil compound extracted from a marine blue plant, as much costly as a pure gold. The treatment would take some 20mL of the oil product per sponge sheet.
   Taobao does have this oil on offer. Insane prices....

The only advantage one gets with the "golden oil" --it would work somewhat longer than baby oil. Nothing else .
Overprised product anyway.

Edited by igorponger - 07/20/2013 at 9:33pm
Sponsored Links

pingpongrob View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpongrob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/20/2013 at 9:45pm
Originally posted by crackfst crackfst wrote:

Originally posted by pingpongrob pingpongrob wrote:

And how many of them actually use the DHS rubber un boosted or tuned, My bet is 0%,

When it comes to pure performance ie spin versus speed, nothing beats ESN rubbers. They are generally out of the packet consitent, and have fantastic feel, and further more they make that many varieties to suits all differant styles from the begineer to the experienced. Forget the Pro's they all tune....

have you ever touched a ESN sponge right out of the package? it feels really oily and has a bad smell just like the chinese factory tuned rubbers. And obviously they are pre-tensioned much more heavily than regular DHS rubbers. Thats why tuners are less necessary on tensors since they are already more heavily "tuned"

You are kidding aint you, I make about 20 bats a day, mostly with ESN rubbers - I will agree that they have some form of product embedded into them, but not a massive tune, they certainly dont feel oily, and have no issues with gluing them onto blades.
They certainly dont smell like rotten fish, like some of the chinese rubbers out there.

And tell me how many players out there have a superfast swing - forget the pros. that make up less than 1% of the playing population, isnt it better to make products for the main playing field. The faster the swing, the better the timing has to be.

Edited by pingpongrob - 07/20/2013 at 9:50pm
Distributor for Andro, XIOM, Tibhar, Joola, Dr Neubauer, Donic, DHS, AIR, Dawei, 729 & Yinhe

http://www.affordablett.com.au
pingpongrob View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpongrob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/20/2013 at 9:56pm
Originally posted by bluebucket bluebucket wrote:

Crackfst, youre right rasant makes its best spin at moderate swing speeds, thats a no brainer as its a fairly soft sponge, but rasant absolutely makes more speed and spin than the dhs rubbers everywhere withing its sponges range. If you swing harder than that, there are plenty of harder esn sponges. Some are much harder than even the 40+ degree dhs and the still outspin the dhs rubber everywhere.

I use dhs rubber but im no fool and I do realise its nothing special and no better than the sheets of 729 I was using in 1984. The rest of the world has moved on. I liked 1984, Im used to it but I would never be so stupid to say dhs make high performance rubbers because they just dont

Bluebucket I agree with what you say, use whatever feels good, some players actually play better with a $15.00 rubber, they tend not to overhit the ball.

Rasant Turbo, harder topsheet harder sponge. more spin is you can use it properly.
Distributor for Andro, XIOM, Tibhar, Joola, Dr Neubauer, Donic, DHS, AIR, Dawei, 729 & Yinhe

http://www.affordablett.com.au
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic