Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Acuda S3 or Coppa X3

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
amitmnagarwal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amitmnagarwal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Acuda S3 or Coppa X3
    Posted: 07/23/2013 at 4:18am
Can people share their views on it.
Amit Agarwal

Blade : Michael Maze
FH : T05 max
BH : R47
Sponsored Links

debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/23/2013 at 10:55am
to start with... both inferior to Vega Japan in speed spin and price.    ... and bh performance.
729-F1||Rhyzm-P(FH)|| Rasant Grip orRhyzm-P max(BH)
vid1
Vid 2
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/23/2013 at 11:08am
Originally posted by debraj debraj wrote:

to start with... both inferior to Vega Japan in speed spin and price.    ... and bh performance.

Yeah, I think they've both been surpassed by a lot of recent tensors.

If you have to choose between them, Acuda has a far grippier topsheet than Coppa.  Acuda is higher throw, spinnier in every aspect.  Coppa is more of a hitter/blocker, Acuda more of a looper.
This was a great signature until I realised it was overrated.
Peter C View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/23/2013 at 6:36pm
On the backhand of a Michael Maze; I'd go with Acuda S3, in preference to Coppa X3.

garwor View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garwor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/24/2013 at 2:32am
I play with softer rubbers generaly, but S3 is too soft for MMaze, I've had this combo.  On Maze S2 is good for bh, fh.
S3 looks to me better for all wood blades.
Equipment database

Yinhe MC-2 FL
fh: Xiom Vega pro
bh: Xiom Vega pro

Boycott Marcos Freitas for hidden services!
Peter C View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/24/2013 at 4:20am
I rarely play with a rubber as soft as Acuda S3 and when I do; I've noticed they perform better on wooden blades; like the Dima Sawtec and Virtuoso-M.
ashishsharmaait View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ashishsharmaait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/24/2013 at 11:45pm
I can suggest Coppa X2 Platin over both Vega Japan and Acuda. Good stable blocking, medium low throw, grippy, soft yet playable near the net.
PatrickL2012 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PatrickL2012 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/25/2013 at 4:15pm
I have only played with Coppa X2 (platin soft). It has a very grippy topsheet and can generate good spins. But I feel that it is a little bit soft for me so I would try Coppa X1 (gold) later. As for both Acuda S3 and Coppa X3, I am afraid that they are terribly soft. Because of the hardness, they are definitely not for forehand use. And if you put them on the backhand side of a soft 5-ply all-wood blade (such as YASAKA Extra or STIGA OC), it could make your forehand rubber feel mushy too. And it is probably not good for a very hard blade either, because it might give you a very flat arc.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic