Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Calibra Tour H vs OIV Pro vs MX-P for FH?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ashishsharmaait View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ashishsharmaait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Calibra Tour H vs OIV Pro vs MX-P for FH?
    Posted: 10/16/2013 at 12:45am
Hi,

I am considering switching from Xiom Omega IV pro on my FH to something else.
I am looking for something which has nearly the same speed and (if not better) spin and a bit higher throw.

I am considering Calibra Tour H and MX-P. I have switched to Calibra Tour M on BH and I really enjoy the added control it provides.

Do you suggest trying any more rubbers? (No Butterfly please, too costly)
Suggestions along with the where I can buy them from would be welcome. Comparison to any of M2, OIV Pro, Sigma Euro, Sigma Pro, T05, Acuda S2, Roxon 450, Razka 7 would be helpful.

I haven't heard from anyone using Tour H and many MX-P users say that its a touch hard for looping so I would like to get a second opinion.

Playing style: I loop from both wings. My BH loop is mostly an opening loop after which I try to switch to FH. I try to loop everything I can. Last time I competed I was between 1900 - 2000 and my game has improved  a (tiny) bit since.
Its just that I've been playing with OIV Pro for nearly 1 year now and would like to try out something better.

Thanks

Edited by ashishsharmaait - 10/16/2013 at 1:12am
Sponsored Links

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/16/2013 at 2:06am
get the mx-p, its sponge is not that far from the omega IV.  tour H is more of a counter hitting rubber that emphasizes more on speed and power rather than spin. 
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ashishsharmaait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/16/2013 at 5:01am
Originally posted by yogi_bear yogi_bear wrote:

get the mx-p, its sponge is not that far from the omega IV.

but is it any better. Or do I stick with OIV Pro?
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/16/2013 at 7:55am
the mx-p is better than the O IV
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ashishsharmaait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/16/2013 at 8:37am
Originally posted by yogi_bear yogi_bear wrote:

the mx-p is better than the O IV

I read in your review that the Tour H had pretty good looping capabilities and decent spin. How does it compare to MX-P? Also, is it any lighter than MX-P?
decoi View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote decoi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/16/2013 at 9:42am
imo stick with OVIP there isnt a huge difference between these rubbers,. its mainly down to preferenceon how you want the rubber to play
Blade: DHS Hurricane Hao
FH: TG3 BS
BH: Xiom Omega 4 Aisa

Blade: Hurricane Hao 2 (656)
Fh: Dhs Gold Arc 3
Bh: Stiga Tour H
http://www.youtube.com/user/decoyla?feature=mhee
Matt Pimple View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Pimple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/16/2013 at 10:18am
Originally posted by ashishsharmaait ashishsharmaait wrote:

No Butterfly please, too costly
The last time I checked to compare prices of rubbers (in the US, for example at Paddle Palace) the new generation of tensors (like MX-P, OIV or Donic, Joola etc.) cost about the same or just a couple of dollars less than the Tenergy rubbers. Imho cost is not an argument anymore to exclude a BTY rubber from anybody's list.
OSP Ultimate; Dr. Neubauer Dominance Spin Hard max, Dr. Neubauer Troublemaker 0.5

My Feedback
manraid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manraid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/16/2013 at 3:52pm
matt pimple  it is varying from country to country it isn't a constant rule that is applicable to all countries .
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Pimple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/16/2013 at 4:08pm
Originally posted by manraid manraid wrote:

matt pimple  it is varying from country to country it isn't a constant rule that is applicable to all countries .
I was aware of that. For a lot of countries there is also the option to order directly from Japan (this does not apply for Europe) or from other places in Asia (Hongkong, China), which does apply for Europe. The price difference between the last generation tensors and Tenergies in Europa is also only 10Euros. I am not trying to drive people towards Butterfly; people can play whatever they want and if they are happy with $10 sheet of Chinese rubber, that's great. All I am saying is that the price argument ('BTY is soooo much more expensive') against Tenergy does not really apply anymore the way it used to. In addition to this, a lot of players spend a ton of money trying to find a replacement which they could have spend on a ton of Tenergy sheets. Just saying...
OSP Ultimate; Dr. Neubauer Dominance Spin Hard max, Dr. Neubauer Troublemaker 0.5

My Feedback
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/16/2013 at 4:27pm
I am with Matt here; that's why I quit the bbc back in the days :)
tt-japan.net sells a sheet of T05 for $55 (do they ship to Europe?)...so we can say it is hardly more expensive than its direct competitors in quality (MX-P, JP-01, M1...). T05 is too fancy for my 1800 level though and that's why I am eying toward the Rhyzm that is not so less expensive ($46 at dandoy but $56 at pp), just better for what I do I hope; still need to try it out; anybody can sell me a used piece of it? Big smile; I am biting my fingers over not buying a couple of them from Dandoy when the super25 coupon was active; $33 for a sheet of Rhyzm was a good deal I was silly to pass.
manraid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manraid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/16/2013 at 4:32pm
how about africa e.g tunisia ,egypt ,saudi arabia

i live now in egypt t energy is about 380 egyptian punds while mx-p for example 260 egyptian pounds as well as donic ,yasaka,stiga ....etc

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Pimple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/16/2013 at 4:40pm

how about africa e.g tunisia ,egypt ,saudi arabia i live now in egypt t energy is about 380 egyptian punds while mx-p for example 260 egyptian pounds as well as donic ,yasaka,stiga ....etc
Hey, the Tenergy price in Egypt is actually really reasonable (380 Egyptian pounds are ca. $55) and the tensors are quite cheap (260 Egyptian pounds are ca. $38). Wink
If you like the MX-P I cannot see any reason not to go for it then!

My Feedback
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/16/2013 at 4:50pm
Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

I am with Matt here; that's why I quit the bbc back in the days :)
tt-japan.net sells a sheet of T05 for $55 (do they ship to Europe?)...so we can say it is hardly more expensive than its direct competitors in quality (MX-P, JP-01, M1...). T05 is too fancy for my 1800 level though and that's why I am eying toward the Rhyzm that is not so less expensive ($46 at dandoy but $56 at pp), just better for what I do I hope; still need to try it out; anybody can sell me a used piece of it? Big smile; I am biting my fingers over not buying a couple of them from Dandoy when the super25 coupon was active; $33 for a sheet of Rhyzm was a good deal I was silly to pass.

The best price for Rhyzm is at timtts.be, where you bought the Rossi Emotion.  It's less than $40 there.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
manraid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manraid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/16/2013 at 4:56pm
i already have  one mx-p and one el-p max  matt Wink
manraid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manraid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/16/2013 at 4:59pm
"Hey, the Tenergy price in Egypt is actually really reasonable"

no matt it isnot calculated like that

the average income in egypt is about 1000-1500 L.E /month

so 380 per rubber is really expensive

however in saudi arabia for example it is 280 saudi ryals  (average income there for foreigns  is 4000-4500 S.R)

did u catch the difference ?

ttping85 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttping85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/16/2013 at 5:25pm
The Omega V Tour is a great option for you! 
My list of blades for sale https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wYci9423byd3X43DhSsaXOmysNKMfK-RnPWSo3UfpkQ/edit?usp=drivesdk
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ashishsharmaait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/16/2013 at 7:34pm
Originally posted by Matt Pimple Matt Pimple wrote:

All I am saying is that the price argument ('BTY is soooo much more expensive') against Tenergy does not really apply anymore the way it used to. In addition to this, a lot of players spend a ton of money trying to find a replacement which they could have spend on a ton of Tenergy sheets. Just saying...

In India, OIV Pro costs Rs 2200 ($36) while T05 costs around Rs 4200 ($67). Thats a huge price difference bro.
This is partly due to Butterfly distributors being big retailers while other brands are mostly sold by smaller retailers too.
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ashishsharmaait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/16/2013 at 7:40pm
Getting back to the topic, what do you duggest.
Mx-P, Tour H or O V Tour?
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/16/2013 at 8:14pm
the tour H has decent looping spin but the mx-p is spinnier. the tour h uncut was lighter than the mx-p uncut. the tour series in general are more suited on counter hitting and hitting flat, the mx-p even away from the table is good on a counter looping game and a spin based game

Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ashishsharmaait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/17/2013 at 1:28am
Where can I get the MX-P Cheapest, shipped to India? Red - Max.

Edited by ashishsharmaait - 10/17/2013 at 1:29am
tjafsaren View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tjafsaren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/17/2013 at 4:33am
Try nexy.com, they're selling it for $41 and they're placed in Korea. Shipping around $18 and 3-5 days.
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/17/2013 at 1:07pm
Timtts.be

Nothing beats them.
729-F1||Rhyzm-P(FH)|| Rasant Grip orRhyzm-P max(BH)
vid1
Vid 2
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/17/2013 at 2:52pm
Originally posted by debraj debraj wrote:

Timtts.be

Nothing beats them.

Thanks, still $50 per sheet at that website (for non-EU buyers). Pricey rubber compared to Bluefire ($36 per sheet from this forum).

There's got to be a place that hopefully offers it for less.
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/17/2013 at 4:31pm
Slevin you are right... But for mx p i haven't found lower price than $50 including shipping.
729-F1||Rhyzm-P(FH)|| Rasant Grip orRhyzm-P max(BH)
vid1
Vid 2
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic