FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

REVERSE BACKHAND LOOP

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
DavidPen View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidPen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: REVERSE BACKHAND LOOP
    Posted: 02/24/2014 at 8:07am
Hi,

I have been learning reverse backhand loop. It's relatively eaiser to do off from a block.

However, it's extremely difficult to do off an underspin, especially heavy underspin or side underspin.

I have been watching a lot of videos on the reverse backhand, it seems that it is very similar to the shakehand backhand loop.

From most videos, especially Wang Hao's videos, he advised to use mainly forehand rather than wrist. But I asked some shakehand players, some of them tend to use more wrist and little forearm.

I like to get some tips and opinions on this and also want to understand and know the reasons for what ever technique is may be.

As for backhand loop off an underspin, you don't have the luxury of big rotation of the waist and hip but you can probably rotate slightly only and somehow u need to lift the ball and carry the ball forward with a trajectory to the other side of the table.

How can I do this effectively and smoothly without much effort ?

I look at Kreanga table tennis training video, where he practise drills on his backhand loop against chop/underspin, he uses a lot of wrist in combination with forearm and slight rotation on the waist.

Please advise.

Cheers
DavidPen

Sponsored Links

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic