Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

[video] please USATT rate me or any tips

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
murraylp2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote murraylp2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2014 at 11:33am
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

Good stuff, murraylp2.

Best of luck with everything.  Your whole game will improve with time as long as you play and work on getting better weapons/strokes - some things will lag behind others significantly, but that is all we can do when we don't train 6 hours a day, 7 days a week.  You are right to focus on offense  - defense comes over time as you learn to do smaller strokes so your defensive strokes (blocks, short counters, lobs) tend to be smaller/safer versions of your offensive strokes.  Just work on generating more spin.  IF you look at duchoangle's two videos, in the first one, he was topspinning, but his opponent was often blocking it back unless he hit the first ball hard.  In the second video, sometimes, all he had to do was spin the ball once and the opponent blocked it off the table.

BTW, I watched the full ten minutes highlight reel - you did yourself an injustice posting this two minute version.  Your forehand is much better than this version gives you credit for, though you can still make it even better if you develop a down the line from the forehand and inside out shot from the backhand.

Yea I have to agree. I tried using my forehand for any balls that weren't at the very edge of backhand, and was managing to attack the balls on forehand so much better than in the video. Although i didnt do any in this video, I normally prefer to forehand drive and smash down the line or accross the back side, and this proves really effective. I agree that I think i did myself injustic as the video I posted only showed backhand blocks with a few backhand drives and alot of forehand misses!
Sponsored Links

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic