Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Globe Li Qin rubber

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
TTfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TTfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Globe Li Qin rubber
    Posted: 06/15/2006 at 8:00pm

Has anyone tried this rubber? I can find no information on this?

Did Globe design this for Li Qin, did he ever use it???

Thanks a lot!

Sponsored Links

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/15/2006 at 8:57pm
i have tried liqin.. its very soft coz the sponge is about 38 degrees. actualy i found it slow more or less like the geospin tacky just a lil bit faster and spinnier.. the rubber really sinks into the sponge and could produce super spins.. u need to glue it though in order to make it a lil faster.. if you are a control looper then this rubber is great
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/15/2006 at 9:26pm

I used this on a 45deg sponge, which according to Globe is the sponge hardness the rubber was designed for.

It was very fast and spinny. The sponge did not feel as hard as 45deg.

I glued it up and got a good done with a single player of Tibher RCD. it softened the sponge a fair bit, got a better feell and it looped quite well. I must dig up the rubber and have another go, my memory is a bit vague on this one.

I'd like to know too why it's named Li Qin...

Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
ttman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/15/2006 at 9:36pm
before wang was sponsored by dhs he was sponsored by globe and sunflex, you can find globe and sunflex wang liqin blades in china and I think ping-pong.com has a few of the sunflex ones
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/15/2006 at 10:15pm

Cheers ttman, you sure know your stuff! 

So was the rubber supposedly made for him? Did he ever use it?

Cheers!

Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
wfwfitz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wfwfitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/15/2006 at 11:04pm
So that is an old rubber as he is now using DHS.
Wfwfitz
Xiom Axelo
Xiom Sigma Pro Red and Black
Butterfly Amultart
Tenergy 05 Black and Red 64
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/15/2006 at 11:38pm

I'm just curious whether this rubber was designed for Li Qin's style of play...

If Globe came up with this rubber at the time they were sponsering Li Qin, then it probably was designed for his style of play.

Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
wfwfitz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wfwfitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/16/2006 at 12:11am
How long ago did you use this rubber? Is it still being sold?
Wfwfitz
Xiom Axelo
Butterfly Amultart
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/16/2006 at 12:38am
I used it about a year ago. Yes it's still sold.
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
silvalis View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silvalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/16/2006 at 2:30am
The Liqin 38 deg I tried was rather crappy without glue. It was soft and mushy...
Potato Face
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/16/2006 at 3:08am
Yes I agree, I tried the 38deg one as well and found it too soft. I've still seen this sold in a few places. The 45deg version is a lot better, but not everyone likes the harder sponge. Probably Li Qin does though!
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
wfwfitz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wfwfitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/16/2006 at 7:19pm
Where are they sold Haggisv, the ones with the hard sponge?
Wfwfitz
Xiom Axelo
Butterfly Amultart
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/17/2006 at 5:32am

I just found out from Globe that this rubber was designed for Li Qin 's style of game, but was not used by Li Qin himself.

They reckon it's one of their highest quality rubbers, that's why it's a little more expensive than their other rubbers...

Globe don't seem to market their rubbers very well, that's why a lot of their rubbers are relatively unknown.

Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/17/2006 at 6:32am
actually, the post i had above was meant for a 38 degree sponge liqin, without glue its like geospin tacky speed wise which translates to slow... the most expensive globe rubbers r the ones with jap sponges
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/17/2006 at 8:50am

Yes I agree yogibear. The Li Qin is avail with both standard sponge and japanese sponge, and is slightly more expensive than their other rubbers with the same sponge.

Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
wfwfitz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wfwfitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/17/2006 at 5:35pm
No one else seem to have it Haggisv unless they are marketing it under a new name.
Wfwfitz
Xiom Axelo
Butterfly Amultart
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/17/2006 at 6:19pm

It's called PRIZE LQ on the cover. Prize and Globe seem to be the same company.

It's got the LIQIN in big letters on the rubber itself and is still ITTF approved:

I can't remember where else I've seen it now, but I'll have another look. I can't image they would market it under a different name.. what better name than LIQIN!

Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
wfwfitz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wfwfitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/17/2006 at 7:00pm
I know but since he is no longer with globe maybe they have to stop using his name like 729 had to stop usinf Wang Nan's.
Wfwfitz
Xiom Axelo
Butterfly Amultart
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/17/2006 at 7:17pm

Interesting thought! Well Liqin has been away from Globe for quite a while now, and Globe are still selling the rubber, and paying for the ITTF approval.

Perhaps that's why his name is not on the packaging. In fact that is very likely why, why else would they NOT put his name in big letter on the packaging?

Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
mr2tran View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mr2tran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/17/2006 at 7:48pm
haggisv, whats the 45 degree one like compared to H3? Is the topsheet more tacky than H3? Is it that much slower than H3? Is the throw high like H3?
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/17/2006 at 8:13pm

mr2tran: I've never actually tried H3 myself, so I can't compare. I remember the LIQIN being very tacky and spinny and fast on the 45deg sponge. I'm still looking for the sheet I used... I always meant to have another go with it, but got distracted with other rubbers and never got around to it (actually I forgot all about it until this topic came up)

Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/17/2006 at 8:22pm
Hey, I just found the sheet of LIQIN (black 2.0mm). I compared the sponge to H3, and the LIQIN does feel a little firmer. The topsheet feels soft and very tacky.
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
wfwfitz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wfwfitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/18/2006 at 1:16am
How does it look after 1 year in storage?  More important how does it play?
Wfwfitz
Xiom Axelo
Butterfly Amultart
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/18/2006 at 2:55am
It looks very good since I kept it wrapped up in plastic. I will glue it onto a bat and have another go.
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
mr2tran View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mr2tran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/18/2006 at 6:20am
haggisv, how would you compare the li qin 45 degree to something say 999 on DHS #20 or #22 45 degree (have you tried that combination yet?)
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/18/2006 at 6:49am

mr2tran: I'll try and compare it to something better known when I've had another go with it, as my memory of the last time I used it is a little vague.

No I have only tried 999 on a softer sponge (38 & 40 deg). I tend not to try out the hard sponged rubbers as the medium soft ones suit me better (and I've had more experience with them.) I would love to try every rubber with every sponge combination... if only I had more time and money

Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
mr2tran View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mr2tran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/03/2006 at 12:56am

haggisv, have you had a chance to use this or test this rubber? Can you give us a review and comparison to something similar , say H2 or H3?

haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/03/2006 at 4:15am

Sorry, I haven't got around to it yet... actually forgot all about it since this thread disappeared off the first page....

Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/16/2006 at 10:58pm

You guys asked about the Li Qin rubber some time ago. I've finally stuck it on my bat again (Stiga OC CR WRB) and had another go (not speed glued). The topsheet feels fairly soft, and is quite tacky.

Well it plays hard and fast. I have not played with H2 or H3, but the feel would probably be a little harder. It is also very fast, I kept hitting it over the end on loops. Spin is excellent. On serves & chops I get great spin. On loops you have to really brush the ball, and if you do you get very spinny loops, which kick when they hit the table.

It's is best for hits/drives and blocks, the ball really comes of fast.

It's a little too hard for my liking, since my game is based on spin rather than speed. But it's not a bad rubber. I have not really tried a similar rubber to this, but I would think (from description of other rubbers) that it would be most similar to something like H2 or SP transcend.

Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic