FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Provential H3 Review

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
JRSDallas View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JRSDallas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Provential H3 Review
    Posted: 06/27/2006 at 7:57am

I tried a sheet of red H3 provential last night (after the bryce power sponge) that I got from a Chinese level 1 coach here in Dallas. 

(The coach is a long time friend of XuShaoFa who happened to visit Dallas last week and spoke at a dinner in his honor.  XuShaoFa is working to promote TT outside of China.  One of the ideas behind the big ball and a push for a bigger table is that it may be give westerners a better advantage in the hope that it helps TT grow more in America and Europe.   There wasn't any enthusiasm from me or those at my table for this direction.   I pushed for getting Chinese TT onto cable so that American's can see it.  There was also a lot of discussion on how long its taking soccer to become popular but that it was a barrier of competition from other sports and not a problem with the game itself.)

The Review:

The provential sponge was clearly softer than any of the commercial H3 or H2 I've purchased from Iruiru and other internet sources or have tried.  (I've not attempted to purchase provential H3 from any internet source).   The H3 Provential came in the same individual packaging that a regular sheet of H3 comes in but there was an additional sticker that indicated a 39 degree hardness.

I used two coats of thin glue to put on the H3Prov.  As always, the H3 was spinny and the sheet was able to pick the ball up from the table when the racket was pressed down onto the ball.   The bounce, dwell, speed and control however were much greater than any H3 I've used.  You really get a sponge feel and there is very good speed coming off the rubber (Not Bryce Power Sponge speed).   

The H3 topsheet lets you push short and serve with a great deal of spin (typical of Hurricanes) and the softer feel lets you loop backspin with ease.  I had some trouble looping topspin though since I wasn't closing the blade enough after having played with the Bryce Power Sponge.  The throw angle was very high.  Since I've played with H3 and H2 before, I know it will take an hour of practice to make my reflexes reliably close the racket enough.   The nice thing about the high throw is that it makes you more comfortable when looping over the table or looping close to the table chopped balls.    

You can easily play H3 Provential unglued with great feel.   I intend to play it with 3 layers of glue next time and see what its got.

Sponsored Links

bigreddawgie View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigreddawgie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/27/2006 at 12:29pm
what does chinese level 1 coach mean?
myngfx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote myngfx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/27/2006 at 5:55pm

WOW.

Then I've actually seen one of theses sheets!

My chinese teacher showed me one Hurricane3 with the 39degrees stamp!

I am definetly getting alot of Hurricane3 when I go to china!

7homuz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 7homuz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/27/2006 at 6:01pm
provincial hurricane 3 rubbers don't have a package.
Blade:Darker 7P-2A
Forehand: Donic Bluefire M2 MAX
Backhand: Palio CK531A 0.6
pingpongkf View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpongkf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/27/2006 at 7:59pm
Originally posted by 7homuz 7homuz wrote:

provincial hurricane 3 rubbers don't have a package.

True, neither the provincial nor national versions have packages. If yours comes in a package then it is prob manufactured by DavidHM.
www.speedpong.net
TT EQUIPMENTS: Nittaku, Butterfly, Stiga, Yasaka, Galaxy YinHe, DHS, Friendship, Globe.
JRSDallas View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JRSDallas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/27/2006 at 8:18pm

Regarding provential rubbers not having a package:  Hard to say.   I've seen the provential rubbers on the internet that come in a box with no package.  I also see that my sheet does not have the red rectangular stamp with thickness and durometer on the sponge like I've seen on pictures of provential rubber and on the commercial H3 that I've got.   But, a translator told me that Coach Wang has a quantity of provential and national rubbers and that he only sells it very very selectively.  A second translator said it was provential team rubber.   Unfortunately there is a language barrier and often the translations are not so good either.  I will have to inquire as to if this "Very very good rubber,  can't get in US" is "Provential" or some other elite grade of H3.   Occam's razor suggests it is "Provential" since I seriously doubt he would give me a sheet of national.  None the less, I've never seen Provential on the internet that was listed with 37 or 38 durometer.   The rubber topsheet while sticky like other Hurricanes also feels softer.  Clearly this is select rubber.

Its also clear that this is a special sheet of rubber and it comes from an individual with the right pedigree: 

Coach Wang arranged to have 3 professional practice players come spend 3 - 6 months in the US to train at 3 clubs.  One went to Maryland to Cheng Yinqhua's place.  One went to Indiana to Danny's Seemiller's place.  And as the best, player, Wang Yin, a provential team player, came to Dallas to Coach Wang's place.  Wang Yin won the Golden State Open on his way to Dallas, defeating Stephen Feth (Stephen's first defeat in the US if I understand correctly.)  

Coach Wang is also a Chinese level 1 coach (which means he brought up a player who won an important international competition), and since he is friends with XuShaoFa, (Former World Champion and Former Chinese National Coach).

I'll see if I can get a better translation of what type of elite Hurricane 3 this is.

Also, I now think the sponge may be 37 hardness and not 39.  The coach openned the package (with some reverence and thumbs up) and I only briefly got a look at the durometer sticker on the outside so I might have remembered it wrong.  I think this because today, he was showing it to another fellow who translated that it was 37.  

On the backside ther is no durometer stamp, just the serial number at the top.   Regardless, it is clearly much softer than any H3 I've ever been able to purchase. 

albertlin04 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote albertlin04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/27/2006 at 8:22pm
who are you? i used to train with coach wang. name age location
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigreddawgie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/27/2006 at 8:26pm
so wat happened to the other china guy that coach wong brought?  went to another place?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote albertlin04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/27/2006 at 8:35pm
who is mr staley?
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigreddawgie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/27/2006 at 8:54pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote albertlin04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/27/2006 at 8:56pm
white? chinese? other? whend he start goin?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote albertlin04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/27/2006 at 8:59pm
also...where do you get these terms haha. level 1 coach and stuff. coach wang....what can i say abou the guy haha. he's pretty good. gets all ur fundamentals up. but his game is flawed. since im in cali for 1/2 of this summer, i played with other coahces also. coach wang's style is very old.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote albertlin04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/27/2006 at 9:01pm
thats why only one of his kids has become any good.
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigreddawgie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/27/2006 at 9:17pm
which one alex?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote albertlin04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/27/2006 at 9:23pm
duh
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigreddawgie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/27/2006 at 10:04pm
which coaches have u been playing with albert?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote albertlin04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/27/2006 at 10:37pm
everyone on the west coast. ive been to san diego and san fransisco. and stay in LA most of the time. played with 2-3 of them.
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigreddawgie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/27/2006 at 10:58pm
nice.  so you improved a lot?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote albertlin04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/28/2006 at 12:20am
nope
still suck
rossicarbon View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossicarbon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/28/2006 at 7:29am
Originally posted by JRSDallas JRSDallas wrote:

Regarding provential rubbers not having a package:  Hard to say.   I've seen the provential rubbers on the internet that come in a box with no package.  I also see that my sheet does not have the red rectangular stamp with thickness and durometer on the sponge like I've seen on pictures of provential rubber and on the commercial H3 that I've got.   But, a translator told me that Coach Wang has a quantity of provential and national rubbers and that he only sells it very very selectively.  A second translator said it was provential team rubber.   Unfortunately there is a language barrier and often the translations are not so good either.  I will have to inquire as to if this "Very very good rubber,  can't get in US" is "Provential" or some other elite grade of H3.   Occam's razor suggests it is "Provential" since I seriously doubt he would give me a sheet of national.  None the less, I've never seen Provential on the internet that was listed with 37 or 38 durometer.   The rubber topsheet while sticky like other Hurricanes also feels softer.  Clearly this is select rubber.

Its also clear that this is a special sheet of rubber and it comes from an individual with the right pedigree: 

Coach Wang arranged to have 3 professional practice players come spend 3 - 6 months in the US to train at 3 clubs.  One went to Maryland to Cheng Yinqhua's place.  One went to Indiana to Danny's Seemiller's place.  And as the best, player, Wang Yin, a provential team player, came to Dallas to Coach Wang's place.  Wang Yin won the Golden State Open on his way to Dallas, defeating Stephen Feth (Stephen's first defeat in the US if I understand correctly.)  

Coach Wang is also a Chinese level 1 coach (which means he brought up a player who won an important international competition), and since he is friends with XuShaoFa, (Former World Champion and Former Chinese National Coach).

I'll see if I can get a better translation of what type of elite Hurricane 3 this is.

Also, I now think the sponge may be 37 hardness and not 39.  The coach openned the package (with some reverence and thumbs up) and I only briefly got a look at the durometer sticker on the outside so I might have remembered it wrong.  I think this because today, he was showing it to another fellow who translated that it was 37.  

On the backside ther is no durometer stamp, just the serial number at the top.   Regardless, it is clearly much softer than any H3 I've ever been able to purchase. 

Yes it is the provincial version from what you describe. From what i know provincial and national versions does not have a packge because these are the leftovers which the players do not like, so the coach leaks them out to the public.

pingpongkf View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpongkf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/28/2006 at 10:19am
so funny. sometimes, things that people are dying to get are actually leftovers or "garbage" from others...
www.speedpong.net
TT EQUIPMENTS: Nittaku, Butterfly, Stiga, Yasaka, Galaxy YinHe, DHS, Friendship, Globe.
iamconfounded View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iamconfounded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/28/2006 at 2:50pm
< language=> I had (have) 2 sheets of 39 Natl H3...  Not that exciting unglued, really.   Softer meant better for a faster blade. < language=>
WizardOfOz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WizardOfOz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/10/2006 at 5:18pm

Originally posted by JRSDallas JRSDallas wrote:

The H3 Provential came in the same individual packaging that a regular sheet of H3 comes in but there was an additional sticker that indicated a 39 degree hardness.

I live in Dallas area too, got me some of those H3 �provential� rubbers from coach Wang too. All he had left was Red = 38 degrees and Black = 39 Degrees on 2.2 mm. I have shopped for this kind of rubber all around the net and I have to admit that these ones are softer with a great touch. They are a bit heavy for me though (2.2 mm) I wish some one could tell me where can I find the same softness and quality but 2.0. Have any of you used these H3 rubbers with Japanese sponges from iruiru.com? � Thanks guys.

BTY Photino
FH Solcion 2.1
BH Solcion 2.1
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigreddawgie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/10/2006 at 5:39pm
who are you wizardofoz?
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/10/2006 at 10:05pm
so funny. sometimes, things that people are dying to get are actually leftovers or "garbage" from others... --> one man's garbage is another one's treasure
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
WizardOfOz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WizardOfOz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/11/2006 at 12:03am

Originally posted by bigreddawgie bigreddawgie wrote:

who are you wizardofoz?

I'm just some dude that loves PP bigreddawgie! Looking for some good PP gear like most of us I hope .

I trained with coach Wang for about 2 months early this year but couldn't continue cuz I have to travel for business reasons very often. Why? do you know him too  ? Regardless of what some other people think about him as a coach, he is a very cool honest guy that can still teach me a lot of stuff any time.

So, has anybody used H3 with Jap. sponges? are they soft?

Thanks.

BTY Photino
FH Solcion 2.1
BH Solcion 2.1
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic