Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

REFOMA&COUGA

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
sunflex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunflex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: REFOMA&COUGA
    Posted: 06/27/2006 at 1:45pm

Hi,

Wich rubbers are similar to the nittaku refoma and the juic couga?

Sponsored Links

Speedplay View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedplay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/11/2006 at 6:42pm
From what I have heard the Stiga Almana and Almana sound should be similar to the couga. I have tried Almana sound but I think it is just a little bit slower then the Couga, so perhaps Almana is the rubber for you?

Otherwise Stiga has released Optimum MP which is supposed to be a very fast rubber, faster then both Almana and sound. Good luck in finding them!
The holy grail
pingpongkf View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpongkf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/11/2006 at 7:04pm
i think the purpose of asking this question is to find a less-expensive replacement for these rubbers?? something like 729 or DHS ??? if that's the case it will be harder to find one.
www.speedpong.net
TT EQUIPMENTS: Nittaku, Butterfly, Stiga, Yasaka, Galaxy YinHe, DHS, Friendship, Globe.
TT_Freak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT_Freak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/12/2006 at 7:46am
CJ8000c on one of those BOMB sponges should do the trick.
Violin
F1
Actor

10g at 3 and 9
10g at 12
20g at the end of handle
JRSDallas View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JRSDallas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/12/2006 at 7:48am

There is very little similar to a new sheet of Couga.  Hard, fast and spinny.  Far faster than the Hurricanes and faster than regular Bryce (unglued).   However, its likely that the new Bryce Hard Sponge could be close to Couga.  I've got a sheet BHS on order specifically to be something akin to Couga.

Reforma is much softer (and so slower) with a natural rubber very grippy sheet.  I tried Reforma but it was too slow unglued (but I haven't tried it glued up).  If you haven't been gluing the Reforma, then try it speed glued.   

If your still looking or something different, (I went towards harder sponge in the Nittaku line -  Hammond X, and am just now back to Bryce glued).  If you want faster but stay soft, you might try Bryce FX glued.  If you want cheaper but stay soft then you might try LTK Pro XT (with glue) since its much lower cost.

Once you pick something and try it, post a review on how it compares with the Couga or Reforma.

LKT Pro XT

sunflex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunflex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/12/2006 at 8:51am
no not rubbers from a cheap it's hard to get these rubbers for me
pingpongkf View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpongkf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/12/2006 at 10:14am
u mean its hard for you to get refoma and couga?? where do u live? try paddlepalace.com
www.speedpong.net
TT EQUIPMENTS: Nittaku, Butterfly, Stiga, Yasaka, Galaxy YinHe, DHS, Friendship, Globe.
sunflex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunflex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/12/2006 at 10:25am
i'm living in the netherlands
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic