Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

NA Cadet Qualifier Event...May 10th 2015

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
jrscatman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jrscatman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/13/2015 at 11:32pm
Originally posted by beeray1 beeray1 wrote:

Is there a results/event page for what you guys are talking about? I can't find one. It's not listed at the previous links. 
Yes, butterflyonline - teams and individual results are there
Butterfly MPS
FH: Donic Acuda S1
BH: Palio CK531A OX
Sponsored Links

thatguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thatguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/13/2015 at 11:39pm
or here

http://www.ittf.com/competitions/test/matches_per_round1.asp?competition_ID=2535&rnd=8&s_Event_Type=JB

You can find wonderful photos of the event here updated daily...for those that didnt know and not by me that's fer sures :)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/100683312@N06/

Edited by thatguy - 05/13/2015 at 11:45pm
jrscatman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jrscatman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/13/2015 at 11:54pm
Originally posted by thatguy thatguy wrote:

or here

http://www.ittf.com/competitions/test/matches_per_round1.asp?competition_ID=2535&rnd=8&s_Event_Type=JB

You can find wonderful photos of the event here updated daily...for those that didnt know and not by me that's fer sures :)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/100683312@N06/
Thanks - match times are listed!
Butterfly MPS
FH: Donic Acuda S1
BH: Palio CK531A OX
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/14/2015 at 2:39pm
Dang. Krish is taking it to him (Kai Zhang) 
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/14/2015 at 3:18pm
Jack Wang tells the Cali kids where they can put their managed ratings...
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/14/2015 at 4:00pm
Kai wins... Interesting to see how and whether Jack had improved or Kai has fallen..
Cybershape Carbon
VictorK View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VictorK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/14/2015 at 4:19pm
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

Kai wins... Interesting to see how and whether Jack had improved or Kai has fallen..

I spoke to Robert Roberts (who's coaching Kai at the tournament) few minutes ago and he told me that Kai has been very nervous because it's his first international tournament ... The nervousness showed during his match with Krish - Kai was playing passive/aggressive style, frequently going with his shots either for too little or for too much.
99% practice
1% equipment
0% ratings
mjamja View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mjamja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/14/2015 at 5:37pm
A little known fact about Sharon Alguetti's development.

He made a pretty spectacular 145 point jump at the US Nationals from around the 2400 level. A large part of that jump can be attributed to a special training partner he had just before that event. The Alguettis arrived in Vegas a few days before the event and went to the Las Vegas TT Club for some practice.

With 3 brothers one of them had to wait for a practice partner. Sharon at first turned down an offer to hit with another visiting player (perhaps intidated by that player's reputation). Eventually they did get together and that player spent all of their time as feeder working on whatever Sharon wanted to practice.
That player also generously gave them a NP40+ since they did not have any with which to practice.

I think it is obvious that the time working with mjamja is clearly the reason for Sharon's success since the end of last year.

Mark
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/14/2015 at 5:42pm
Nice titbit mjamja.

The Alguettis really developed because of their Polish coach (Peter Strucinski) that took them from 1000 to 2200. Newer coaches obviously add tactics / fine-tuning but they play Peter's signature style - an emphasis of speed / quickness over spin.

NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/14/2015 at 6:22pm
Originally posted by mjamja mjamja wrote:

A little known fact about Sharon Alguetti's development.

He made a pretty spectacular 145 point jump at the US Nationals from around the 2400 level. A large part of that jump can be attributed to a special training partner he had just before that event. The Alguettis arrived in Vegas a few days before the event and went to the Las Vegas TT Club for some practice.

With 3 brothers one of them had to wait for a practice partner. Sharon at first turned down an offer to hit with another visiting player (perhaps intidated by that player's reputation). Eventually they did get together and that player spent all of their time as feeder working on whatever Sharon wanted to practice.
That player also generously gave them a NP40+ since they did not have any with which to practice.

I think it is obvious that the time working with mjamja is clearly the reason for Sharon's success since the end of last year.

Mark

I have it on dubious record that you actually hit with Adar and are responsible for his rating.
Cybershape Carbon
mjamja View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mjamja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/14/2015 at 7:36pm
I actually got to hit a little bit with all three of them. They kept changing partners and the unlucky one got stuck on a table with me. At the time I had no idea who they were. I just knew they were way above my level and I was happy just trying to block balls back to keep them warmed up while waiting for chance to get real practice with each other.

At one point I could see that Sharon was getting bored with my just blocking to his Fh. So I asked if he would like me to block in some sort of drill pattern. He replied with something like "Ok if you think you can do that". It was not pretty, but I managed to move the ball around in a simple pattern. And my frequent and random variations from the set pattern actually made it a reasonably good drill for him.

Mark
Peters65 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peters65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/01/2015 at 8:15am
Yes you right. I teach them how to play ping pong and thank you for mentioning my name .I don't think any new coach applyed anything, they just got 3 years older since i stop coaching them.Gal right now is only about 2400 .15 years old and 2400 is very low level compere to table tennis world(Amy Wang is 12 and also 2400).In my opinion with the "system" they choose they may have problem to reach 2600 (of course i hope they will be world class players).

Edited by Peters65 - 07/01/2015 at 1:35pm
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/01/2015 at 8:58am
Peter, you moved to Florida?
VictorK View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VictorK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/01/2015 at 10:25am
Originally posted by Peters65 Peters65 wrote:

Yes you wright. I teach them how to play ping pong and thank you for mentioning my name .I don't think any new coach applyed anything, they just got 3 years older since i stop coaching them.Gal right now is only about 2400 .15 years old and 2400 is very low level compere to table tennis world(Amy Wang is 12 and also 2400).In my opinion with the "system" they choose they may have problem to reach 2600 (of course i hope they will be world class players).

Over the past 3-4 years I've played quite a bit with, and observed, all three of the brothers (at Westchester TTC) and I've seen tremendous progress in technical, tactical and physical aspects of their game.   I do believe you helped them develop very solid foundation, but I strongly disagree with your statement that "they just got 3 years older", and that the coaching they've received over the past 3 years hasn't helped them much.
99% practice
1% equipment
0% ratings
Peters65 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peters65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/01/2015 at 12:07pm
If you think progress of 200 points in 3 years is tremendous then we must live in different world, and see different sport.
Peters65 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peters65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/01/2015 at 12:09pm
Yes i live in Florida.Sometimes I come to NJ to see my friends and take care of some business.Thank you for asking.
Peter
VictorK View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VictorK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/01/2015 at 12:49pm
Originally posted by Peters65 Peters65 wrote:

If you think progress of 200 points in 3 years is tremendous then we must live in different world, and see different sport.

Yes, there's a slight chance we live in different worlds and see different sport, even though we have quite a bit in common, e.g. we both grew up and learned table tennis in the same country, speak the same languages, have strong backhands, were born in the same year ... :o)

Personally, when evaluating junior players' progress I pay much more attention to the skills they acquire than to their rating points (just my opinion), but since you mentioned Alguettis' ratings increase as 200 points, here's what their USATT ratings history during the last three years shows:

Sharon - 422 points increase (from 2073 to 2495)
Gal - 331 points increase (from 2094 to 2425)
Adar - 336 points increase (from 2068 to 2404)

Edited by VictorK - 07/01/2015 at 12:51pm
99% practice
1% equipment
0% ratings
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic