Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Approved glue after the ban

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Speedplay View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedplay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Approved glue after the ban
    Posted: 07/12/2006 at 7:28am
I am just wondering if anyone has tried any glued that are supposed to be approved after the ban?

Glues with solvent will be banned in 2008 (?) they say, but from what I have heard the waterbased glues arent even close to give the same effect as the ones we use now...

Any ideas how to keep that speedglueing effect?
The holy grail
Sponsored Links

haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/12/2006 at 10:32am

There are NO glues currently on the market that will not be banned. This includes the long lasting ones (so called water based, not really true).

Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
takaaki View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote takaaki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/12/2006 at 10:42am

water-based glues??

there's only one glue out there that's water-based and that's the juic AQUA-EFFECT.

i tried it last year and it was no good at all.  i couldn't really get the rubber to stick to the blade.

the only good thing is that since it's water-based it comes off easy so there's no glue buildup.  you just put the rubber under the faucet and rinse the glue off. 

apart from that, it's a waste of money...

TT_Freak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT_Freak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/12/2006 at 11:25am
Just use glue sheets, cheap and doesn't harden to epoxy levels over time unlike rubber cement.
Violin
F1
Actor

10g at 3 and 9
10g at 12
20g at the end of handle
bigreddawgie View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigreddawgie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/12/2006 at 2:04pm
what about ecolo effect?  isnt that water based
beginner View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beginner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/12/2006 at 2:05pm
yea the juic aqua-effect is horrible
Butterfly Timo Boll Spirit
FH Skyline 3 2.0mm Black
BH Desto F2 2.0mm Red
Indonesia5000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Indonesia5000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/12/2006 at 2:49pm
ecolo. Isnt that just an expander? And you need to put glue on after it expands the sponge
blade:Yasaka Gatien Extra, Gatien Carbon cpen
FH: Globe999 on dhs #20 BH: SST Cross
ttman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/12/2006 at 4:21pm

ya aqua effect is horrible, the aqua stick is actually not that bad

Speedplay View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedplay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/12/2006 at 4:54pm
Originally posted by TT_Freak TT_Freak wrote:

Just use glue sheets, cheap and doesn't harden to epoxy levels over time unlike rubber cement.

Glue sheets? Sorry I dont know what that is but I would appriciate an explanation or som examples of Glue sheets.

Yasaka pro life is also a water based glue, so there are a couple of glues on the market.

But if none of them works, what can one do when the ban starts? non glueing is not an option im looking forward to...
The holy grail
PLLsystem View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLLsystem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/12/2006 at 5:06pm

Juic Ecolo Expander I. Juic Ecolo Expander II. Juic Aqua. These are waterbased. But I am afraid this will not be the way.

we make real professional handmade table tennis blades - ospblades.com
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/12/2006 at 6:46pm

Originally posted by Speedplay Speedplay wrote:

Originally posted by TT_Freak TT_Freak wrote:

Glue sheets? Sorry I dont know what that is but I would appriciate an explanation or som examples of Glue sheets.

Yasaka pro life is also a water based glue, so there are a couple of glues on the market.

But if none of them works, what can one do when the ban starts? non glueing is not an option im looking forward to...

Yasaka Pro life (very similar to BTY Millenium or Tibhar Rapid Clean Deluxe) are excellent glues that work very well, but they WILL be banned.

Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic