4 [8.33%]
5 [10.42%]
21 [43.75%]
7 [14.58%]
4 [8.33%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
hua_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hua_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How long does a rubber last you
    Posted: 07/12/2006 at 1:13pm
for me, its between 1-2 months, closer to 2 months. i play on average 3 times a week these days. i like to glue a lot and i dont hold back on my loops. after a month or so, there is a big decrease in the performance of the rubbers.

how often do you guys change?
Sponsored Links

joey5867 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joey5867 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/12/2006 at 1:20pm
Between 3 and 6 months.
BLD: NITTAKU Sanalion S
FH: DONIC Sonex JP 2.0
BH: DONIC Sonex JP 2.0
P�r$son View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pr$son Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/12/2006 at 1:25pm
I voted for between 6 and 12 months, because I really take care of my rubbers, and because I use Chinese rubbers, which doesnt lack in performance after some months I think...I can play with them still, after 6 months...

Edit: BTW, I would like to know, who voted for "within 2 weeks" , the person really has to be a Pro: gluing 6times a day, practising every free minute, two or three times a day ...
bigreddawgie View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigreddawgie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/12/2006 at 1:41pm
i probally change btw 2-6 months depending on which rubber.  now that i dont use f1, i probally change in 6 months
beginner View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beginner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/12/2006 at 1:42pm
i change usually every 2 months and before major tournaments
Butterfly Timo Boll Spirit
FH Skyline 3 2.0mm Black
BH Desto F2 2.0mm Red
azrin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote azrin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/12/2006 at 9:48pm
it is better to use the same rubber for training and tournament.
josephjuan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote josephjuan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/12/2006 at 11:02pm
I usually change it every three months. I play two to three times per week.
ttman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/12/2006 at 11:31pm
in the summer I change rubber every month cause I play everyday, during school year 2-3 month
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/12/2006 at 11:34pm
Originally posted by Pr$son P�r$son wrote:

I voted for between 6 and 12 months, because I really take care of my rubbers, and because I use Chinese rubbers, which doesnt lack in performance after some months I think...I can play with them still, after 6 months...

Edit: BTW, I would like to know, who voted for "within 2 weeks" , the person really has to be a Pro: gluing 6times a day, practising every free minute, two or three times a day ...

rubbers not only lose is gripyness also the sponge bounce less, you can tell it when you use pips
kollins View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kollins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/12/2006 at 11:48pm
For most, not all, and not even speed glueing, the most a rubber retains its orginal charcteristic is about 3 months. of course they can last longer and many due but due to oxidation, constant use, changes in temp, drying rubber, glue chemicals they all wear out eventually. ever notice how when you get a new rubber after playing with your old one for a long time they feel different...yeah.
Shibutani ST
Tackifire C
Feint Soft
conboy31 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote conboy31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/13/2006 at 2:17pm
I noticed that a few weeks ago. I had used the provine sv for like 4 months ... then I put on a freshly glued up new sheet and wondered what I was even playing with.
FH: Black Darker Provine SV 2.2
BH: Red Mendo MP 2.0
Avalox Ma Wenge Carbon
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/13/2006 at 11:19pm
yasaka mark v - 4 months
yasaka v stage - 4 motnhs
ritc 729 - 2 yrs
dhs hurricane 2 or 3 - 1 yr
donic x45 - 6 months
and so much more
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
easyfiji View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote easyfiji Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/14/2006 at 3:10am

I find I go through rubbers every 2 months. But I glue very heavily. Usually I will have two sheets of rubber going for each side. One I use for major tournaments. The other I use for practice. I find the spin on Hurricane 3 decreases dramatically after about one month.

mrt4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrt4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/14/2006 at 3:50am

I play 3-5 times a week and i change the magna after 6-7 weeks. I remove the glue buildup 1-2 times.

\Robin

Swedish male, playing since 1993.

Blade: Timo boll w5
forehand: Tenergy 25fx 2,1

Backhand: Energy absorber 1,6

glue: waterbased!!!!

TT_Freak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT_Freak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/14/2006 at 4:01am
Used to be every 3 months, now its 6 months for forehand and 1 year for reverse.
Violin
F1
Actor

10g at 3 and 9
10g at 12
20g at the end of handle
iakovka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iakovka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/14/2006 at 5:21am

Hey Hey guys. I have a problem.

I played professionally once. But now I could find not more than 1-2 time in a week to play.
I had/have a very power spin from "open side".
I play in the middle zone. i was playing Donic Person Power Speed +  (Innova FRH max and Innova ultra Light BH for the long time). I wanted a new blade so

2 weeks ago I changed all my old rocket to some guy. The new one is Boll spirit + Yasaka mark V 2 sides. All is new. But the rubbers were glued on the blade 1.5 years ago and the rocket was thrown to the shelf without any defence. when I got it that was all in dust. After Cleaning it looks like a new one. but i am afraid that the sponge and rubber itself changed the quality even if i dont see it. I have never played Yasaka mark V so i dont know the feeling.

For this moment I played with the new rocket 2-3 times. I can do the same. I can do my spins on chops and so on. But some payers said me that they feel much less spin now. So i dont know is it because I have a different rubber or because they are too old and  with the new ones it will be different. For this moment i dont have any other rubbers to chek this. 

So i am little bit confused now

maybe somebody knows is somthing happens to the rubbers(mark V) after 1.5 year without playing.

Help :-( please

Braveheart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Braveheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/14/2006 at 5:59am
I generally change my rubbers after 60-80 hours of training (approx 4 months).
Blade - Butterly X5 balsa carbo Off;
Front -Donic JO Platin soft 2mm
Back hand - BUTTERFLY Challenger 1.5 mm (short pips)
Style - Close table attack
petermoo View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petermoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/14/2006 at 10:49am

If I'm training seriously especially with multiball training, counterlooping and regluing then my rubber lasts about 3 weeks before I am able to detect a significant performance drop.

I generally give my used stuff to other players who tend to extract another month or two out of them.

Patmandidily View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patmandidily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/14/2006 at 1:33pm
I have short pips on my backhand, but my forehand generally lasts me between 5-6 weeks and the short pips 3 months, but I use the short pips probably 4.
Blade - Bastian Steger Flared (Butterfly)
Rubber - Sriver 2.1 FH
              802-40 2.2 BH
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatcomet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/14/2006 at 4:49pm
so far over a year, but I don't reglue and I don't think I can tell when the performance drops off
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic